Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 08:08 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

FBI had the shooter on a watch list for supporting ISIS

Two tragedies in a row, but it's nice seeing the community support. There were very long lines of people waiting to donate their blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 08:12 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
snore, giving up assault weapons and other weapons designed to kill humans is not giving up freedom, you are conflating the two things to hide behind the 200 year old words of a man from a different age.
A slippery slope to descend. Guns used in criminal acts are only the tool the criminal chooses for the crime they are committing. Ban all guns, that genie isn't going back in the bottle. France doesn't allow AK 47s but that didn't stop the Paris shootings.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:16 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Read this article, very relevant to this shooting:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...MUP/story.html

Old 06-12-2016, 08:20 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
I just wanted to express my deepest sympathy to people living in Orlando. This kind of stuff should never happen anywhere.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:29 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Everyone is saying that the media isn't telling folks that there were actually 3 people doing the shooting. I have spoken with some folks that were surging victims. A lot of them are speaking out on Facebook
Interesting. If this is true, then I wonder if the media is still waiting to be updated and local law enforcement agencies & the FBI are aware of these other two individuals that were involved (assuming these agencies aren't aware).

It could also be that those victims are still trying to process the events and believe that there might've been other shooters, especially since there was an exchange in gunfire with police as well.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:32 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
With force.

All we have to do is demand that they be stopped and they will be.

Call your government people. Demand it.
Well OK then!

LISTEN UP ALL YOU BAD PEOPLE! Stop killing us. Cut it out. You hear? We don't like it! Thanks.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:38 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Everyone is saying that the media isn't telling folks that there were actually 3 people doing the shooting. I have spoken with some folks that were surging victims. A lot of them are speaking out on Facebook

This is actually the first time I'm hearing this. Have police confirmed that there were 2 others? Usually the media would at least say that it's suspected that there may have been 2 others if they are not sure. I wonder why it's being kept hush hush.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:39 PM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I do think we need to start be okay with looking at the commonalities of these types of events, so at least we have a starting point. We are so afraid of offending people or so afraid of a little intrusion/inconvenience, that we cut off our nose to spite our face.
Yes. Maybe. We should start. Looking at commonalities. See if there is some link.

Wait, doesn't matter. Nothing could possibly be done. We have to just let them attack. And pray that we don't get shot next time. Maybe God will stop the bullets.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:42 PM

457 posts, read 627,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Well OK then!

LISTEN UP ALL YOU BAD PEOPLE! Stop killing us. Cut it out. You hear? We don't like it! Thanks.
That's not force. Call your government people and say, "I am tired of us being murdered! Do something about it!"

If we demand it, they will stop it.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:43 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Shocked to find out this guy was working in a COURTHOUSE when he was investigated by the FBI and then moved elsewhere.

They tell us to see something, say something. Well, people did!
I'm not shocked. Instead of keeping an eye on people who actually pose a danger to society, they (the justice system, etc.) harass and criminalize innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando