Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 647 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Thank you for any input. I am looking for a home in the oviedo/chuluota area. It needs to be a bit bigger at 5 bed, 4.5 bath and closer to 4000sq feet. Our budget is 400-500K. Considering this may be difficulty to find we are open to maybe using a builder.

We have looked through the model homes for MI and Meritage. They seem ok, although the land is very small and we were hoping for a bit more backyard for the kids. The online reviews are also not very good. Looking at reviews for Taylor Morrison which also builds in Oviedo, it also seems like they are not well reviewed.

Does anyone here have any personal experiences with any of these developers in Oviedo or any other developer?

Thank you very much for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 06:18 AM

109 posts, read 110,935 times
In Florida, with the rate of development and limited supply of skilled construction workers, I think you will find complaints about any builder. That does not necessarily mean they are a bad builder. I have had personal experience with Lennar and DR Horton in the Oviedo-Winter Springs area. The houses had a few minor issues, but overall good quality. What may be more important is to research how responsive the potential builders are in resolving problems when you do have them. I would also recommend overseeing the work during construction. I had one house built by a builder that is no longer around when I lived out of state: after I moved in I found that some corners were cut. If I built again, I would be there several times per week (ideally daily) to oversee the builder's work and make sure the contractors don't cut corners. (www.movetoorlando.info)

Old 12-20-2017, 01:27 PM

1,139 posts, read 3,467,645 times
Stay away from Taylor Morrison. Upgrade prices suck, who offers laminate as standard countertop in 2017?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando