Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:06 PM

25 posts, read 20,706 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Lake Mary at an apartment complex. I don't know if it's just me but the water tastes pretty bad, like chlorine is in it. Yuck.

I tried using a Brita filter but it had no change in the taste. I'd rather not buy water bottles at the store. I drink A LOT of water daily... any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 05:30 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
I drink water either from our built-in fridge water filter spout or bottle water. The water from the tap tastes bad and I know it has tons of crap in it.

Since you are renting, I imagine you wouldn't want to buy a nice fridge. You could either buy those gallon jugs from the grocery store or order those multi-gallon things that get delivered. If you're interested in that, let me know and I can try to google the name of it. You see them in some offices and businesses, but people also have them at home too.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:00 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
I have a water cooler that uses the bottles BMW mentioned for my office. At home I also use the built in fridge dispenser (make sure to clean that if you have one.) Otherwise, lots of our water here is Spring fed and as such is treated with tons of chemicals to rid it from otherwise harmful bacteria that lurks in there.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:52 AM

27,232 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowdrama View Post
I just moved to Lake Mary at an apartment complex. I don't know if it's just me but the water tastes pretty bad, like chlorine is in it. Yuck.

I tried using a Brita filter but it had no change in the taste. I'd rather not buy water bottles at the store. I drink A LOT of water daily... any advice?
Unless you're able to convince apartment management of installation of a reverse osmosis water treatment filter you're out of luck since filters like Brita can't filter out chlorine. Instead of buying cases of water at the store you might look at home delivery with Zephyrhills. The cooler rental is like $5 a month and 5 gallon bottles cost less than $10. https://www.zephyrhillswater.com/

Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Unless you're able to convince apartment management of installation of a reverse osmosis water treatment filter you're out of luck since filters like Brita can't filter out chlorine. Instead of buying cases of water at the store you might look at home delivery with Zephyrhills. The cooler rental is like $5 a month and 5 gallon bottles cost less than $10. https://www.zephyrhillswater.com/
Zephyris Hills has that strong taste the OP doesnt like. I think it’s something if you grew up here or not. Everyone I know who recently moved to Florida says it tastes like funky water and those who have been here a long time say it taste no different than any other brand.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Zephyris Hills has that strong taste the OP doesnt like. I think it’s something if you grew up here or not. Everyone I know who recently moved to Florida says it tastes like funky water and those who have been here a long time say it taste no different than any other brand.
Zephyrhills is an example and I do agree it does have a different taste which I attribute to our limestone aquifer. There are other brands available for home delivery too including Crystal Springs and Livie.

https://www.crystal-springs.com/sem-...UaAv9JEALw_wcB

LIVIE® Bottled Spring Water | Bottled Spring Water Orlando | Orlando Bottled Water Delivery Service

Old 04-05-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Zephyrhills is an example and I do agree it does have a different taste which I attribute to our limestone aquifer. There are other brands available for home delivery too including Crystal Springs and Livie.

https://www.crystal-springs.com/sem-...UaAv9JEALw_wcB

LIVIE® Bottled Spring Water | Bottled Spring Water Orlando | Orlando Bottled Water Delivery Service
Yep exactly, that would be the OP's best option imo too.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Zephyrhills does have a certain taste, but it is not even close to our nasty tapwater which even has a smell to go along with it. I'll take Zephyrhills all day over that or Brita/PUR filtered water. You really need a filtered fridge dispenser to get the best tasting water.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Zephyrhills does have a certain taste, but it is not even close to our nasty tapwater which even has a smell to go along with it. I'll take Zephyrhills all day over that or Brita/PUR filtered water. You really need a filtered fridge dispenser to get the best tasting water.
Unfortunately the refrigerator filters can't handle the higher levels of chlorine in some municipalities.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:03 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,056,134 times
Quote:
Unfortunately the refrigerator filters can't handle the higher levels of chlorine in some municipalities.
Interesting. When I was on Casselberry water I was happy, my fridge was able to produce what I would describe as flavorless water. Really good. However, I just moved to a house in Altamonte and the fridge has an issue with the water dispenser, so I can't test fridge filtered water here. We starting using a PUR pitcher and it's not the best...not to mention a PITA. I might try that water delivery service, especially if "toilet to tap" is passed tomorrow!

On that note, if toilet to tap is passed, would the bottled water also be affected? Doesn't Zephyrhills water (and others) come from the aquifer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando