Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 12:30 PM

17,145 posts, read 15,350,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle85 View Post
I do regret moving down here.
The schools are horrible (while many schools are rated A, they are A rated compared to other schools in the state, NOT the country lol)
Morals/values/ideologies are about 40 years behind. People are just, slow. Backwards. Country.
It's just ghetto.. what people out here think is "nice" is just not. A fancy restaurant out here is something like oh.. Applebees.
It's dirty. Trash everywhere. Once you get away from the airport and the theme parks and the places they all want the tourists to see, it's disgusting.
The drivers are the worst I have seen in the country. Zero courtesy, this goes for law enforcement officers as well. My daily work commute includes typically 2-3 horrific accidents on the way there, and back.
Hang out in the Florida FB forums for a while, nobody knows how to spell. Posts that are legible, are about a crime that happened, or asking for money. My old community page, people seemed so educated, and the topical discussions had things to do with education, volunteer work, philanthropy- not giving away dogs for free, being unable to afford diapers, or asking for handouts.
The nature/science or natural history museum looks like it's been put on by an elementary school.
There is zero urgency to things, which I get that there's a relaxed vibe, but when it comes to things that actually are urgent, nobody knows how to react with said urgency.
I had high hopes, I didn't imagine it could be THAT different from other decent sized cities.
But yay, beaches, Mickey, and palm trees!
Some of the most ignorant nonsense posted here, and that's saying a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 12:47 PM

605 posts, read 711,393 times
I was gonna say the same thing.... talk about major snobbery! Unbelievable.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:48 PM

158 posts, read 144,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Oh, you won't be bored here! We were bored living in Chicago. We are never bored here.
How the hell could you be bored in Chicago???

Old 10-31-2019, 12:48 PM
aax

710 posts, read 497,406 times
Quote:
The schools are horrible (while many schools are rated A, they are A rated compared to other schools in the state, NOT the country lol)
Morals/values/ideologies are about 40 years behind. People are just, slow. Backwards. Country.
It's just ghetto.. what people out here think is "nice" is just not. A fancy restaurant out here is something like oh.. Applebees.
It's dirty. Trash everywhere. Once you get away from the airport and the theme parks and the places they all want the tourists to see, it's disgusting.
The drivers are the worst I have seen in the country. Zero courtesy, this goes for law enforcement officers as well. My daily work commute includes typically 2-3 horrific accidents on the way there, and back.
Hang out in the Florida FB forums for a while, nobody knows how to spell. Posts that are legible, are about a crime that happened, or asking for money. My old community page, people seemed so educated, and the topical discussions had things to do with education, volunteer work, philanthropy- not giving away dogs for free, being unable to afford diapers, or asking for handouts.
The nature/science or natural history museum looks like it's been put on by an elementary school.
There is zero urgency to things, which I get that there's a relaxed vibe, but when it comes to things that actually are urgent, nobody knows how to react with said urgency.
I had high hopes, I didn't imagine it could be THAT different from other decent sized cities.
You said a lot in that post.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:01 PM

605 posts, read 711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler1026 View Post
How the hell could you be bored in Chicago???
There wasn't anything to do except go drinking and I don't drink. There were some fests in the summer, but otherwise, you were stuck in your house all winter with literally nothing do. Go bowling maybe. Go to a movie. Go out to eat. BORING. After 50 years, the museums are boring - seen them all, done them all a zillion times, plus they are EXPENSIVE. Going downtown is crazy. Driving is a nightmare and parking is an arm and a leg. And there you can do shows maybe (again, PRICEY) or go shopping (I hate shopping), but who can do that every weekend? And how many shows are there realistically to see? There was the Christkindlmarkt at Christmas, and in the beginning before it was so popular it was great, but then it got so crowded that you could never find a table inside the tent anymore and the lines for everything are soooo long.

We used to have passes to Brookfield zoo - I did like that a lot. But apparently it's become very popular and you can hardly get in to park there anymore.

Here we can bike, hike, fish, kayak, walk trails, farmers market, Disney Springs where we listen to music for FREE, food truck nights, and a zillion other activities that are either free or nominal.

And of course there are all the attractions too, plus mini golf, regular golf, water parks, a pool in our backyard, amazing bird watching, the beaches an hour away, I could go on and on and on. We have passes to Disney and Epcot has bands playing there every night. We go after work and walk around the World Showcase and grab some food from the food booths and go sit and listen to great music. Just being outside, walking in beautiful weather is a good enough "attraction" to keep me from being bored. It's sitting inside for months on end that make me crazy.

The beach in Chicago was overcrowded, couldn't find a parking space, and half the time they were closed due to e-coli. BLECH. And you can only use them for a few months of the year.

Last edited by Bellamouse; 10-31-2019 at 01:15 PM..

Old 11-01-2019, 04:54 PM

116 posts, read 137,303 times
Quote:

I feel the same way. The only thing that I really like about Florida is the mild Winters. Other than that is family issues that has me living here.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:22 PM

17,145 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSWJ View Post
I feel the same way. The only thing that I really like about Florida is the mild Winters. Other than that is family issues that has me living here.
I know you're not a fan of Orlando and Florida in general, but I'm sure even you can find something like "what people out here think is "nice" is just not. A fancy restaurant out here is something like oh.. Applebees." to be ridiculous.

Old 11-03-2019, 11:30 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times
And there’s plenty of “ urgency” on I4 !

Old 11-03-2019, 07:52 PM
aax

710 posts, read 497,406 times
Nobody told us about the bad drivers and bazaar people here. Only the sunshine and palm trees of Florida. And Mouse.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:11 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
Nobody told us about the bad drivers and bazaar people here. Only the sunshine and palm trees of Florida. And Mouse.
who did you ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando