Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:50 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My wife and I are visiting Daytona for the 4th of July weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary. We fly in to the Daytona airport the morning of the 4th and are staying until Monday afternoon. We are staying right on the beach and going to the race on a Saturday.

Few questions, on Saturday what is the best way to get to the racetrack from the beach? Uber, bus, something else? We are not renting a car. Also what would be the best way to get back after the race, same way? Airport to the beach and back as well.

Also, what other things would you recommend we do while we’re there? I’m assuming they do fireworks on the beach for the 4th? We are in our early 30’s so please recommend fun restaurants/bars. Not looking for clubs or anything like that. Also any fun attractions would be appreciated. This is our first time to Daytona and we plan to stay in the area the whole time. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 09:01 AM

112 posts, read 259,528 times
Cool Ride Sharing!

Just take an Uber or Lyft. Now you will have to confirm this information, but I've heard more then a few times that Uber and Lyft are NOT allowed to pickup or drop-off on Daytona International Speedway property, but can at the OneDaytona entertainment complex across the street. Then you simply cross US92 via one of the pedestrian bridges that connects OneDaytona to the speedway.

Note: My source is a buddy of mine who drives for Uber in the Daytona area. He's told me several times that DIS security prefers people hail cabs and rides at OneDaytona and then use the pedestrian bridges to enter DIS.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothehilt View Post
Just take an Uber or Lyft. Now you will have to confirm this information, but I've heard more then a few times that Uber and Lyft are NOT allowed to pickup or drop-off on Daytona International Speedway property, but can at the OneDaytona entertainment complex across the street. Then you simply cross US92 via one of the pedestrian bridges that connects OneDaytona to the speedway.

Note: My source is a buddy of mine who drives for Uber in the Daytona area. He's told me several times that DIS security prefers people hail cabs and rides at OneDaytona and then use the pedestrian bridges to enter DIS.
Thank is EXTREMELY helpful information. Thanks!!

Old 01-27-2019, 10:32 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,923,184 times
For a nice anniversary dinner with a Florida-feel I'd recommend Azure in Daytona Beach Shores. It has great food that's well prepared/presented with a beautiful view. https://azureattheshores.com/ They do a nice Sunday Brunch as well!

Old 01-27-2019, 02:54 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Hello everyone. My wife and I are visiting Daytona for the 4th of July weekend for our 10th wedding anniversary. We fly in to the Daytona airport the morning of the 4th and are staying until Monday afternoon. We are staying right on the beach and going to the race on a Saturday.

Few questions, on Saturday what is the best way to get to the racetrack from the beach? Uber, bus, something else? We are not renting a car. Also what would be the best way to get back after the race, same way? Airport to the beach and back as well.

Also, what other things would you recommend we do while we’re there? I’m assuming they do fireworks on the beach for the 4th? We are in our early 30’s so please recommend fun restaurants/bars. Not looking for clubs or anything like that. Also any fun attractions would be appreciated. This is our first time to Daytona and we plan to stay in the area the whole time. Thanks!
What hotel are you staying in? Most have shuttles to and from airport. Some have a shuttle that might take you wherever you want to go in Daytona and then pick you up when ready to go back to hotel. I know the Hilton does this for their customers here in Melbourne.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
What hotel are you staying in? Most have shuttles to and from airport. Some have a shuttle that might take you wherever you want to go in Daytona and then pick you up when ready to go back to hotel. I know the Hilton does this for their customers here in Melbourne.
We aren’t staying at a hotel. Staying at a beachfront condo we rented. Unfortunately I do not think they offer an sort shuttle. Originally we were going to try and get a hotel near the track but the prices were extremely inflated for that weekend. So we actually found a condo for $79 per night with exceptional reviews.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:34 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Mac's Famous Bar - Daytona Beach Shores
Boot Hill Saloon - Daytona Beach
The Oyster Pub - Daytona Beach

Old 01-28-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Mac's Famous Bar - Daytona Beach Shores
Boot Hill Saloon - Daytona Beach
The Oyster Pub - Daytona Beach
Thanks! Really want to check out the Oyster Pub. Looks like a fun place.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:30 AM

17,203 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Take your wife for a nice dinner at Hyde Park. It's an amazing steakhouse. It's oceanside and is in the middle of the boardwalk area. If you're a bit of daredevils, there's the aptly named Vomitron there, as well as the slingshot. They're actually quite fun, and while scary, offer some pretty cool views.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:59 AM

Our trip is a little less than 3 weeks away. I'm trying to find a list of events going on from July 4th- 7th but not having any luck. We are staying near the beach close to the intersection on Atlantic Ave and Revilo so any recommendations in that area within walking distance or a short ride would be great. We plan on staying in that general area the whole time expect for the race on Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando