Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 08:00 AM

11 posts, read 23,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortgageInFlorida View Post
Winter Garden, Clermont, some parts of Windermere. Pm me
DM sent but can't reply as my account won't let me send more that 2 DM's per day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 08:04 AM

54 posts, read 55,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter431 View Post
Thanks, those look nice but I was advised to avoid the NW location due the the terrible commute on the I4?
Absolutely. I4 had been in construction continuously for years; right now it is in stages of adding toll lanes, and everywhere from Kirkman to past Winter Park exits, traffic is insane, and lanes get blocked for construction. At night hours, I 4 gets blocked entirely, and traffic is sent to detours for miles.
Baad bad choice if you need to be at the airport at different hours.

Old 01-30-2021, 08:47 AM

27,186 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Absolutely. I4 had been in construction continuously for years; right now it is in stages of adding toll lanes, and everywhere from Kirkman to past Winter Park exits, traffic is insane, and lanes get blocked for construction. At night hours, I 4 gets blocked entirely, and traffic is sent to detours for miles. Baad bad choice if you need to be at the airport at different hours.
The northern sections are nearing completion with landscaping going in on many sections and while not a "fix" will be better than it was before. The OP would be looking at a 35-55 minute drive averaging about 50 minutes, and had stated wanting under one hour. If looking to evade "fart can" communities bear in mind it's almost culturally exclusive to the Puerto Rican population. Orange County has a very large/growing PR population and unfortunately a bit of distancing in an established community in places like Longwood are about the only way to avoid. Newer build communities have been shown possible to go any direction in places anywhere less than 500K-600K within a few years, so no guarantees if comparing now to a few years from now.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:00 AM

27,186 posts, read 43,876,617 times
Quote:
Thanks, those look nice but I was advised to avoid the NW location due the the terrible commute on the I4?
It has been bad and as I-4 construction moves toward completion from Longwood south through Maitland the worst of it is nearly over. Bear in mind as well you could exit I-4 at the 408 (East-West Expressway) and drive east to the 417 (Greenway) South to the airport, or about four other equidistant options that take the same amount of time more/less. Also to find homes not built on top of one another in areas of Orange County mentioned (Windermere, Winter Garden, Doctor Phillips) your price range will be insufficient unfortunately for a decent sized lot. Moving further west or southwest in Orange County or Lake County then matches the NW Seminole County option, minus the knowledge of how the neighborhood or traffic will pan out as development continues.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
If looking to evade "fart can" communities bear in mind it's almost culturally exclusive to the Puerto Rican population. Orange County has a very large/growing PR population and unfortunately a bit of distancing in an established community in places like Longwood are about the only way to avoid.
With that in mind are the any other areas maybe east or west avoiding the I4 that the PR communities are minimized?
Any thoughts on Merritt Island, Melbourne?

Old 01-30-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
With that in mind are the any other areas maybe east or west avoiding the I4 that the PR communities are minimized?
Any thoughts on Merritt Island, Melbourne?
Merrit island and Melbourne get you married to 528 toll, so you need to effectively factor it into your budget. Of course, those communities are a lot quieter than anything in Orlando vicinity, but Melbourne is already quite far for daily commute. Without traffic at will be about 1hr, but you can never count on no traffic at all.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:29 AM

Chuluota seems to be also an option for your needs. Quite rural, large lots, about 35-40 min drive to MCO. Sort of “in the woods” option.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:37 AM

Also, Bithlo might be a closer, still quiet option. No sure when you need to move, but right now there is a new construction available in the end of dead end street with 0.3 acres of land and under $400K.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:43 AM

There are also occasional options in your price range in Lake Nona which would be optimal for you, but there are fewer choices available with decent enough lot size, and you will have to be on top of every new home on the market, as the market is extremely hot, especially in Lake Nona. Have your pre-approval for mortgage lined up well ahead of time.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Also, Bithlo might be a closer, still quiet option. No sure when you need to move, but right now there is a new construction available in the end of dead end street with 0.3 acres of land and under $400K.
I seen that one but if you look at the satellite image the other properties look like auto wrecker junk yards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando