Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 04:05 AM

16 posts, read 42,837 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody I plan on moving out to Orlando(winter park specifically)in August, I moved out to Sacramento from Boston/RI area 6 months ago and just wasnt me out there (awesome to live, best weather but really soft haha).

My question is do you think with an A.S. Degree in Electronics Engineering while finishing the B.S. at DeVry is it hard to get a job in the Electrical/Electronics field in Orlando or surrounding areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM

118 posts, read 480,331 times
orlando isnt really to tech savvy as far as electronics, but electrical is a good. oo and u are doin the opposite from what im doing, i from boston, moved here 4yrs ago and plan on movin to sac area. why are u movin from there? it seems nice there. i plan on goin out the within a yr from now....

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Weather is great, scenery is cool, but the people are SOFT. plus all the fires have put a haze all over northern cal, i havent seen clear blue skies in about 3 weeks, used to be everyday. And in the summer theres no relief from the heat, you can guarantee its gonna be hot everyday, no rain at all.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:31 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,567,579 times
Here is a typical electronics technician job in Orlando, the pay is between $7.50-$9.00:
Electronic Assembler (http://orlando.craigslist.org/mnu/750768900.html - broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 06:51 AM

118 posts, read 480,331 times
i remember i was there last summer and it was 114 deg. and i told everyone that that is nothing compared to orlando's 90 deg weather with humidity. and its pretty much humid all summer long
what do u mean soft? like easy going? well if u want the opposite then u come to the right place.......

Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the input everyone, oh and Suericio by soft I mean people dont really respect other people that much in Sac, stalefish handshake kinda people if you know what I mean. lol

Old 07-17-2008, 02:58 PM

but by anymeans dont let that persuade you not to move there its a great place, really relaxed, ALOT to do reno, lake tahoe, san fran (in northern cal area). It just wasnt the right time for me to move out there, im only 20 and plus all my friends and family are back east. It was also a big culture shock for me I this area is so diverse(mexican, asian, etc.) coming from Boston/RI area being mostly italian or irish lol. You'll like it in Sac, I just have a big oppurtunity for me down there with a couple of close friends.

Oh and when you get out here make sure you check out Lake Rollins, Its got everything from camping to jet ski to boating.(about 45 minutes up the hill on I-80 form sac) Its a pretty good size, clean, and theres a really awesome beach spot that you have to take a boat to get there, (its like a mini island in a way).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: