Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 08:12 PM

17,198 posts, read 15,390,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Asian View Post
Besides Miami and Atlanta, what cities east of Texas and south of Virginia have more of an asian influence? I haven't been to Orlando yet but my choices seem pretty slim besides those 2
I wouldn't say Miami has a stronger Asian influence than Orlando... They may be tied, although I'm leaning more in Orlando's favor here, as there are at least some distinct Asian districts.

East of Texas and South of Virginia? Slim pickings for sure. I'm in Charlotte now, and just did a search around -- I'm not finding much at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 08:46 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Besides Miami and Atlanta, what cities east of Texas and south of Virginia have more of an asian influence? I haven't been to Orlando yet but my choices seem pretty slim besides those 2
Miami has very, very, very little, it’s all fusion. It’s one of the reasons I moved to Orlando instead of Miami.

Atlanta area is pretty much it when talking about large populations. Next would be VA and TX as you seem to already know.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:00 PM

63 posts, read 78,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I wouldn't say Miami has a stronger Asian influence than Orlando... They may be tied, although I'm leaning more in Orlando's favor here, as there are at least some distinct Asian districts.

East of Texas and South of Virginia? Slim pickings for sure. I'm in Charlotte now, and just did a search around -- I'm not finding much at all.
I always wanted to visit Charlotte. Its location is great, barely any snow (if at all each year), 3 and a half hours to the beach, Carowinds, very nice downtown, and you got the mountains nearby if you're into that. There is an Asian market there with a food court you probably know about but if not, it's called Super G. Might sound small but would be pretty cool if something like that was in Louisville

Old 03-31-2021, 09:04 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Have you visited yet?

Orlando is getting an H-Mart and it might be the largest one in the entire country. Just got back from Atlanta and had so much good food.

I’d recommend trying “Taste of Chengdu” when you are in Orlando, go to the Baldwin Park location. It’s the best Chinese food I’ve had in Orlando, specializing in Sichuan food.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:48 PM

63 posts, read 78,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Have you visited yet?

Orlando is getting an H-Mart and it might be the largest one in the entire country. Just got back from Atlanta and had so much good food.

I’d recommend trying “Taste of Chengdu” when you are in Orlando, go to the Baldwin Park location. It’s the best Chinese food I’ve had in Orlando, specializing in Sichuan food.
Cool. I'll keep that in mind.

We ended up taking a much shorter drive vacation to Cumberland Falls, Asheville, and Charlotte.

The chance of an Orlando visit this year is still possible but pretty unlikely, by end of next year is almost a guarantee though

Old 07-16-2021, 01:24 PM

183 posts, read 146,442 times
Quote:
Jacksonville has the largest Filipino community in the Southern US (Jollibee anyone?), thanks to multiple Navy bases. There is also a small but growing Vietnamese and Korean contingent there.

Old 07-16-2021, 01:26 PM

183 posts, read 146,442 times
Quote:
For Pho, I would go with “Saigon Noodle and Grill”, owners are very nice and their pho is good for Orlando.
Can confirm. Also consider House Of Phở in the Walmart center at John Young and Sand Lake Rds.

Old 07-17-2021, 04:26 PM

2,939 posts, read 4,127,371 times
Quote:
I haven’t been to Pho Vinh, but I’ve been to Pho Hoa a few times. I still prefer Saigon the most, but there isn’t a huge difference between the two. I travel to Vietnam and am half Asian myself. It’s pretty good, but not great, but keep in mind I’m from the Bay Area where you can probably find the best Vietnamese food in the US.
I'd upvote Vinh. Worth checking out but I can't compare to Hoa as I haven't been.

You think the Bay is better for Vietnamese? Better than the other OC? Westminster got game. I was coming from Washington Ave in South Philly and the East Bay was disappointing for Vietnamese food. Everyone said, "oh, you gotta go down to San Jose." So I did. It was better but on par with South Philly.

You can that same quality here, for sure. You just have to work a little harder to find it. Like how I kept trying different places on Colonial for banh mi but it was mostly "meh" and now Le Ky on Curry Ford is my go to.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:01 PM

648 posts, read 517,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
It was better but on par with South Philly.
@drive carefully, you did think Pho 75 on Washington by South 12th was any good? I thought it was okay.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:56 AM

112 posts, read 65,496 times
Quote:
So, you say Saigon Noodle and Grill is good for Orlando. It does have good ratings and I might go with that one. I decided to look up the phrase "best pho ever" "orlando" and see what comes up. 2 places that had a few reviews with that phrase is Pho Vinh and Pho Hoa Noodle Soup. Anybody tried those? I know taste is subjective and you don't know where the people reviewing have tried Pho at, but I did look at the broths and they do seem to have that kinda fatty look. But, its hard to tell by looking, you just gotta taste it.

pho no!!!!!!!! everybody knows Florida sucks at the asian restaurants bro. you want stone crabs and key lime pie? this is your place. florida sucks at asian and mexican food especially compared to someof the places talked about here like atlanta, california etc. last time i had pho at a restaurant in florida it tasted like a big bowl of water.

Last edited by StopThe Steel2024; 07-19-2021 at 07:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando