Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 10,319 times

Advertisements

I wanted to say to the person who said the rent was high, in most areas it is but in Ft. Myers you can buy a condo for 20,000-38,000 easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM

53 posts, read 193,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt2000 View Post
I just applied there, and got a cast member job rather fast....so it made me wonder. I told them, I just want my foot in the door....to eventually work in Security. Not the security guards, but informational security behind the scenes. Anyway, what I found not too appealing, was that you can only apply every 6 months....and to only one open position. So, if you don't get that position, you have to wait 6 months again.......and all the meanwhile, working at the enter level job they placed me in. Sounds like a long time to apply. I think you should be able to apply when the job comes up that you want, or have been waiting for. Also, I am a small business owner and have C/S service skills of about 25 years, and I have a BA - and he could not place me into anything more then a Stroller rental position?!?!
Where did you apply at online? I am trying to get my son a job there. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Walt Disney World | Career Opportunities | Disney

Here's a link. In the middle of the page you'll see a list of different areas of employment. If you click on an area you are interested, it will tell you a little about the job, the hourly wage and a button that says, "Apply Now." Also, Look to the left and you'll see another link, "How to Apply."

Good luck to your son!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_collegegirl05 View Post
I wanted to say to the person who said the rent was high, in most areas it is but in Ft. Myers you can buy a condo for 20,000-38,000 easy.
Fort Myers is a retirement town with heavy, heavy unemployment and is about 160 miles from Disney.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM

154 posts, read 388,691 times
They will treat you like Crap, Pay start's $7.50,if you like dress codes go for it plan to buy a wardrobe that fits the mouse code, Don't get sick you cant go home! the worst job you can have,

Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM

76 posts, read 78,265 times
I worked at Disney World once. I was a freshman in college and my academic advisor convinced me on this internship. I applied and got accepted and was off to Orlando. The job was not one I would recommend. At the time it was paying $7.50 an hour. They glorified what I would be learning. Basically all I did was run a cash register in the Magic Kingdom. I never worked less than 40 hours. They took advantage of the college kids because they didn't have to give them benefits. Like any job, some people were friendly and some were not. I was more upset at getting scammed into this internship. I picked up as many job skills at a grocery store than working here. I lived in Disney owned property and they charged me $380 in rent and I had to share a two bedroom apartment with four people so basically Disney was getting most of their money back by forcing us to live and pay in their housing. I worked during the winter so it was less busy. It is what it is, a near minimum wage job. If I needed a job and it was available I would do it. Not sure how you can live in Orlando on $8 an hour though. I was more upset because the internship was not at all what I had hoped for. They didn't even pay my expenses to come down to Florida. The good thing is, I found out I liked Florida and ended up finding my way back down to Florida.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,609 times
Back In 2010 I Worked at Disney World For 8 Month's. I Did The Disney College Program and Turn it into a Full Time Job. Disney Has Its Up's and Down's. For 1 Thing the Disney College Program DOES NOT PAY WELL! You Pay $79 a Week for a 3 Bedroom/6 Person Apartment that is WAY to Small. They Took Advantage Of Us College Kids But It Did Have Its Plus's. Getting Into the Park 24/7 Is a Plus... BUT the Magic Is Shot After Working There, After Going "Back Stage" (Were Guest Can Not See Cast Members) And The Interesting Stuff That Goes On Back Stage WILL Shock You. When a Company Pays You $7.90 a Hour And Makes You Work 45-65 Hours A Week its NUTS...But Hey If You LOVE Disney Id Suggest To Work For Them

Ps: Stuff To Do Around The Disney College Program = Nothing

Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 PM

24 posts, read 59,988 times
Do not work there.

Not if you want to be able to afford to live, eat and have time that is NOT at work.

I did the college program, got hired for a full time position and could barely afford my $700 a month rent. THe commute was horrible, but if I was willing to pay almost $200 more a month I could have been closer to the parks.

It's great to go there, but sucks to work there. You are working one day, fired the next. I had to leave because of a sick family member, but if I ever want to work there again, I have to "appeal" to them. ??? *sigh* bad news.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,946 times
What is the name of the apartments located across the street from cast member's parking?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM

16 posts, read 71,083 times
I use to work for Disney for over six years. It was fun working there, but the pay is horrible. In the six years I was there, I went from making $5.45 (to start) an hour to $8.50 an hour so the raises are HORRIBLE and depending on the time of year (peak & nonpeak season) you can have hours one week and nothing the next. I wouldn't mind going back as a second job as the benefits (free tickets, discounts on cruises, etc) are nice, but working there full time is a huge no, especially when rent is so high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando