Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:38 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times

Advertisements

Thank you RWilliams.
I guess I'm a bit niave about the forums.....I would have never thought people would be less then honest, or suggest themselves. No offense taken, and thanks for the eye opening comments and positive rep.

One interesting thing my friend told me about SOME home inspectors, a big problem in California, he said, is people elect to pay the home inspector "at closing"........bad inspectors soon figure out that if they show problems in the house, the peope won't buy, there is no closing, and they have a hard time getting paid......so they make the house look good, even if it is not.

Better to pay up front and get an honest, unbiased inspection. This came from a good friend of mine who is a GOOD inspector here in NY. Something to think about.

Thanks again, Frank D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:21 AM

31 posts, read 302,587 times
Good advice again. Thanks Frank

Old 01-24-2007, 10:55 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWilliams View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a housing inspector in the Central Florida area, specifically Clermont. Anyone have any leads for me? I've contacted a few and they will only do inspections on resale properties and not new construction. I would think with all the construction going on that there must be some companies that do inspections. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
www.usinspect.com

They do new construction and are a national firm.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:21 PM

19 posts, read 208,264 times
Quote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a housing inspector in the Central Florida area, specifically Clermont. Anyone have any leads for me? I've contacted a few and they will only do inspections on resale properties and not new construction. I would think with all the construction going on that there must be some companies that do inspections. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Warning !!!!
Home Inspectors are only lightly regulated if regulated at all.
I would think that if you buy a new home from a builder,they will
give you a warranty for some period of time.
If you buy through a real estate broker, they should be able to guide
you...............they get paid plenty for the little they do.
( I am a broker and an inspector........retired) Be careful.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 PM

800 posts, read 3,088,979 times
Quote:
Hi,

Try USinspect.com. Their website is very thorough, they hire their inspectors, and are nationwide. They do new construction. You are wise to get an inspection on new construction. Good luck.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:28 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
While as mods we try to keep ppl from recommending themselves it is not easy to always tell who is who on the internet.
The one criteria is if you have a complaint against a business you need to send a Direct message rather than posting it here.
As always just remember to take all the information and be sure you check them out for yourself and not rely only on recommendations you receive here.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:14 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I use Pillars to Post, - Jeff Mackey... they are awesome.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM

5 posts, read 6,817 times
Default really good inspector

I have been flipping homes for years using the same inspector on almost every home I've ever flipped other than a few others when he was on vacation or we had conflicting schedules. After he retitred my realtor recommended the guy I use now and he's great. He's only n his mid 30's but this guy is good and knows his stuff. He has saved me from some pretty serious issues that I would've never seen and would've cost me big. He's a member of all of the inspector organizations and he's a building contractor. The company name is Greenwell Home Inspections Central FL. I know he was the inspector for the Trading Spaces tv series when they came here also. Whoever you use... best of luck!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM

I totally agree with Keeper's comment.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM

I would strongly recommend NOT hiring a company who contracts work out to inspectors or hires inspectors. Those companies are a joke! They offer jobs to everyone in construction and provide the tools after completing their 2 week training. I would go with a smaller company that has a lot to lose. They always seem to provide the best service in my experiences of all business types. Here's a few that I know do new construction.

Greenwell Home Inspections of Central FL
Dexaco Home Inspections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando