Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,316 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone!
We are planning to buy something either at Legacy or another community from Pringle called Lakes of Mount Dora.
For those of you who either live there or know about Legacy, can you give us any inside information about the community?
We will be moving from Miami, so I think ANY change will be positive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
I'm sending you a DM.....

Frank D.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:39 PM

4 posts, read 16,991 times
Hello!

I currently live in Legacy (Mod Cut:see forum rules) feel free to ask questions about the development or the area, I would be glad to help!

Marilyn

Last edited by cmj_fla; 03-22-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Old 07-03-2009, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 8,200 times
Hi Marilyn,

We visited Stone Creek, Summer Glen then Legacy. We really love Legacy, the area, the homes, the openness. Do you like living there? What made you choose Legacy?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:27 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Dear Merc,
First, welcome to the forum.
Marilyn posted that over 3 months ago and has not posted since, so you may not get a reply.
I own a home in The Plantation, just a mile or so down the road from Legacy. I have good friends who live there and have been there many times.

If I could help, just let me know.

Frank

Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,991 times
Greetings!

We have lived in Legacy now almost 3 years and truly do love it! We shopped around A LOT before deciding, found Legacy to suit us: We come from a very rural area in PA and wanted a bit of "space" around the development, which Legacy sure does have! We were very impressed with the Pringle construction practices, and REALLY were pleased with their custom building option. We had some specific things we wanted in a home, some of which are not so easy to find in standard floor plans. That being said, many of the Pringle models were very well suited, and I think we could have decided on one of several. The development itself is a good size for us, not too big, etc. We are not golfers, so didn't particularly want that in a community. All in all, a VERY lovely place! I would love to help if you have more specific questions, feel free to respond.
Good luck in your quest!
Marilyn

Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
We've had a home in Legacy for three years as well. We are very happy with our decision. We looked at over 15 retirement communities before deciding to build here. We choose this one because we could custom build, and because we liked the down-to-earth feel of the place. No regrets whatsoever!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 8,200 times
Sorry haven't written sooner, some bumps in the road. Thank you FaithfulFrank and Marilyn for answering my questions. We are thinking of buying a lot real soon. We really do think that Legacy of Leesburg is the right fit for us. The construction of the homes are outstanding and when we visited in May we met so many really nice people. Legacy06, I do agree with you about the down to earth feel. Hi Ilconsiglieri, we also were thinking of the Lakes of Mount Dora, we didn't get to visit them, but we did meet a wonderful couple from there and they love it there. The cost of the lots and homes are a little pricey.
We are from Dutchess County New York which is 65 miles north of NYC.
Will keep in touch.
Have a good night.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
Pringle gets a thumb's up with Legacy and Lakes of Mt. Dora, a couple other communities are The Plantation and Harbor Hills.

If you have the time before you need to move in check out the short sales and foreclosures to save a few bucks.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM

126 posts, read 570,989 times
Also worth a look is Royal Highlands at Leesburg, this is a Pringle development too. Very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando