Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:18 PM

15 posts, read 57,130 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
I am looking for to buy a house between 250000 -400000 price range.. Which is the best community in Lake Nona area that you can recommend? Just went to see the houses at North lake park and Village walk.. but I don't like the style of the house and the HOA is freaking me out!

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 AM

159 posts, read 393,575 times
I couldn't help you with that. I was looking for information as well. Try posting a thread - surely someone from the Orlando area can help you out.
Good Luck

Old 05-17-2009, 09:07 PM

141 posts, read 320,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaucon1973 View Post
Hi there,
I am looking for to buy a house between 250000 -400000 price range.. Which is the best community in Lake Nona area that you can recommend? Just went to see the houses at North lake park and Village walk.. but I don't like the style of the house and the HOA is freaking me out!

thanks
Depending upon from where you're moving, house styles may just be something you have to get used to. We came from the north and all the styles took us a while to warm up to. And that's one reason we chose Northlake Park is that the home styles were a bit different. The HOA in NLP is certainly expensive, but with it you get the YMCA family membership.

Is that your HOA concern, or is it something else?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 PM

15 posts, read 57,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor35 View Post
Depending upon from where you're moving, house styles may just be something you have to get used to. We came from the north and all the styles took us a while to warm up to. And that's one reason we chose Northlake Park is that the home styles were a bit different. The HOA in NLP is certainly expensive, but with it you get the YMCA family membership.

Is that your HOA concern, or is it something else?

I am renting a house in Mt Dora.. It is a small town.. that's why I like Lake Nona area.. However, I can not get the house that I want in my price range.. ( The house style at Northlake Park and Village walk is kind of not my style ..I love big house , double door ... I might look at the houses in Windermere or Winter garden ..

Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,149,121 times
I do not think that Lake Nona will always have a small town feel, but I do feel like it will keep the posh atmosphere. I think that unfortunately other areas of the east side of town will decline like Waterford, Andover, Cypress Springs, etc. and Lake Nona will get nicer and become the jewel of the east side (though it is pretty far south as well). Kind of like how Dr Phillips is a lot nicer than Metrowest in the same general area.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM

33 posts, read 120,567 times
Default Lake Nona Resources

Hi, I am a student at UCF. I am doing a paper on community health resouces available in Lake Nona. I have checked the website (learnlakenona). This a pretty new community (20 y/o).

I am having a hard time finding info about health dept, HRS, free public health clinics etc in this area. I dod notived the VA clinic, but if your not a Vet, what else is avail if you do not have insurance and are low income. Any thought or input would be gladly appreciated.

PS, since I live in Ft. Laud, I'm not able to cruise the city for more info. Thanks again!

Old 04-16-2010, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,864 times
People are complaining about toll roads? We just bought a place in LAke Nona and I was astonished at the traffic - there was none. Coming from Atlanta Georgia one can apppreciate a toll road to help the traffic flow! Travel around this town is so nice! I think my blood pressure went down 30 points just from the lack of traffic so no dooubt living in the Lake Nona area is going to better for my overall health!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando