Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 PM

86 posts, read 237,063 times

Advertisements

Disappointing Tirade........Embarassing to me that he represents any part of FLA........there most be a more productive way to add to the debate on healthcare............

Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM

872 posts, read 1,714,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imguytpa View Post
Disappointing Tirade........Embarassing to me that he represents any part of FLA........there most be a more productive way to add to the debate on healthcare............
I agree, however I do like the way he grilled the Federal Reserve board members a few months ago.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,712,996 times
I agree....I would like to see our representative either ADD by factual basis, and suggestion of how to do things well OR in the negative, by showing how something particular won't work and WHY and how it may be done better.

I can't stand it when they just parade around a slew of insults and inflaming words/pictures/insults.

Perhaps I am expecting too much from today's Ivy League graduates...lol...

Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Representatives should be free to express their opinions, however their official business is to "represent" the voters, a rare task. He has been vigilant in interrogating the criminals and cronies of the government sponsored financial collapse. Hopefully voters are not swayed by him sharing emotional views on the lack of health care reform.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM

He is free to share an emotional view if he can also provide a viable solution, otherwise it is a waste of taxpayer monies to stand around and postulate. We can and do all have 'feelings' about this, but feelings don't fix things. He is getting paid to try and make a difference...IMHO. Not to tell me how he feeeeels...lol - that doesn't do anything except make the situation more volatile....like it did.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:51 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
He stated facts, so I find nothing wrong with that. While I am against forcing low income people to buy health insurance I do think that a government option should exist. They bail out the rich, fight wars for them, and cannot pay for people struggling to survive doing labor? How can this country deny access to healthcare to millions and yet subsidize the super rich.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
He stated facts, so I find nothing wrong with that. While I am against forcing low income people to buy health insurance I do think that a government option should exist. They bail out the rich, fight wars for them, and cannot pay for people struggling to survive doing labor? How can this country deny access to healthcare to millions and yet subsidize the super rich.
Here is a link to the referenced tirade.

YouTube - Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"'

There is not one single FACT included in it. See for yourself. It is entirely opinion. NO Republican wants Americans to 'not get sick', or to 'die quickly' if you do get sick. OK..that is patently ridiculous.

Where is his solution? A healthcare plan that drives the public option out of business and taxes those who choose not to carry healthcare because they have HSA's? So that we all end up on the dole? That is not a reasonable option either. Please.

Where is the discussion? A real discussion is what I expect from my PAID representatives...not hissy baby fits. There HAS to be some type of compromise that is suitable. I don't want to get into a debate here, as the topic is about the representatives...they are acting like children and not doing their jobs.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
What is so wrong about what Rep. Alan Grayson said? I thought he was right on point.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 PM

I will say it again...there were NO FACTS in his statement, and there were NO SOLUTIONS.

He gave inflammatory OPINIONS only. What a waste of the representatives' time.

As the OP says, there has to be a more productive way to have the discussion on healthcare.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
I will say it again...there were NO FACTS in his statement, and there were NO SOLUTIONS.

He gave inflammatory OPINIONS only. What a waste of the representatives' time.

As the OP says, there has to be a more productive way to have the discussion on healthcare.
There are plenty of solutions, the public option being the most important. I think Alan Grayson did a big service to the people he represents. More southern Reps. should do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando