Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM

24 posts, read 108,812 times

Advertisements

I wrote on all these New Yoricans that have invaded Orlando and tryed to change our community and make it feel more like the arrogance they are used to in the Bronx. Well i have lived in a place where the city has so many people with more manners than necessary and where you also have the same type of nightlife as Orlando.

It is the same size just about but without most of the problems we have here, so if you wanna move and are looking for a place that has alot of job opportunities and 5 lane freeways and nicer people that havent lost thier morality...and surprisingly almost as much diversity....then try looking towards Nashville Tennessee.

I know what you are saying. (Hickville). Well that's what i thought before i moved there from Miami when i was 17. I first moved there thinking i am gonna hate living with these inbreds, and it was a big culture shock compred to Miami, but as i stayed ther for over 4 years and then moved here to Orlando and been here for the last 7 years ...i now think to myself , "why the hell did we move down here"....i used to love it here in Orlando but New Yoricans and other people from some parts of the Northeast have changed people around here slowly it is becoming what these people want and they are totally blind to experiencing or respecting our culture in Orlando or what was the Orlando i knew before.

Well trust me ....Nashville is awesome. It does have its country and southern influence but its mostly people from all over the US and it is a melting pot which seems like most people that move there end up giving in and not trying to ruin the kindness and the morals of thier city....It has a vibrant downtown and a great traffic system....i visited there again this past December and it only took me about 10 minutes to drive about 20 miles into downtown....no stop and go really........thats because they have enough lanes and the right kinda planning to make traffic go smoothly....

Well if you are looking to relocate seriously because of how Orlando is becoming or for other reasons ..... plan a trip to Nashville.....there are lots of beautifull hills and mountains and the seasons change also.....and guess what New Yorkers its in the south for all of you who say u don't like the south because seasons don't change....well good luck and take it from someone who dispised even moving there as i heard we had to.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 03:58 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,062,405 times
How diveres is Nashville's economy, though?

The sad truth is I don't think there's many places you can go in the US that have mild year round weather that aren't already built up. Orlando's problem is that it was built up rather poorly, as are many of the other sunbelt areas. New York is also an OK place, it just cannot grow any more really... and there's nothing wrong with New York, just there is something wrong with people in this country trying to run away from their problems constantly. Americans are always looking for a new frontier, and there really isn't any, anymore. Not with 300 million people (when I was born, there was just about 200 million... wow).

I think places like Oklahoma or Arkansas are underrated. Even Missisippi or Alabama. Alabama in particular is like Florida, it has great year-round weather, almost never snows, not too much freezing. Yet for some reason nobody wants to move there. Granted the economy is not the most diverse but in many ways it is no worse than Florida, and labor laws are crappy in both states- but the cost of living is lower in Alabama. California has a really diverse economy but it's about as developed as it can get before major environmental problems set in, the same is true with Washington and Oregon.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:01 AM

22 posts, read 151,006 times
I have lived in Nashville and loved it. It is a much different world than Orlando. The people are so incredibly nice and welcoming. The weather is perfect in my opinion. There are no beaches, but the lakes are fabulous and there are no gators! Plus 2.5 hours away you have the beautiful Smokey Mountain National Park. It is not inexpensive by any means to live there. To live in or close to the city it is not too much less than here.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 PM

631 posts, read 2,450,700 times
Nashville is the most backwards, redneck, bigoted, trashy place ever. I am from Nashville originally and was DYING to get out of Orlando and back home. I did, and here I am, 6 months later back in Orlando. Why? Housing is doing there what it did here. Traffic is actually WORSE than Orlando. I used to live in St. Cloud and drove to Altamonte in less than an hour. In NashVILE? I went 11 miles in an hour, to 2 hours...depending on the day.

There is no diversity in Nashville. Everyone is so into church socials that they have secluded themselves into little cliques.

Crime. Think Orlando is bad? Look at Nashville stats. The town is so filthy and has grafitti everywhere you look. The downtown area has 2 landfills so when you drive around the wonderful city you see piles and piles of trash.

Wages? LOL!!!!! Nasvhille has a "good ole boy" mentality and wages are WAY less than Orlando. My roommates wage in Franklin? (The most expensive and FOO FOO area of Nashville) 41k. Same job here? 87k. Me? 32k Cool Springs. Here? 52k.

Every single new neighborhood looks like cookie cutter tract housing and the pace of building is so great there's no room to drive. At least Orlando had SOME roads in place. Nashville doesn't.

I had my dreams crushed after I moved there. Everyone in TN is now from CA, NY, and FL - just like here. Except there's nothing to do...

Sorry, hate to burst people's bubbles, but Nashville isn't what people are saying it is. It's just a runaway rumor and soon Nashville will be Orlando part 2 without the perks.

PS: The rolling and beautiful hills are being DESTROYED and I am very ticked about it. All those people moving there to "get away" from where they came from, but are paving over every single piece of land to make it JUST LIKE where they left!!

UGH!@

And if you're bigoted about Spanish people like the original poster, then steer clear of Nashville. The ILLEGAL community is HUGE in Nashville. The areas that were once middle class are now predominately hispanic, but mostly ILLEGAL Mexicans.

Yes, take a trip to Nashville. Stay downtown and drive around. And when you go back home, be thankful for what you have.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:08 PM

97 posts, read 371,747 times
Thumbs up Excellent advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIMANEFOSHO View Post
I wrote on all these New Yoricans that have invaded Orlando and tryed to change our community and make it feel more like the arrogance they are used to in the Bronx. Well i have lived in a place where the city has so many people with more manners than necessary and where you also have the same type of nightlife as Orlando.

It is the same size just about but without most of the problems we have here, so if you wanna move and are looking for a place that has alot of job opportunities and 5 lane freeways and nicer people that havent lost thier morality...and surprisingly almost as much diversity....then try looking towards Nashville Tennessee.

I know what you are saying. (Hickville). Well that's what i thought before i moved there from Miami when i was 17. I first moved there thinking i am gonna hate living with these inbreds, and it was a big culture shock compred to Miami, but as i stayed ther for over 4 years and then moved here to Orlando and been here for the last 7 years ...i now think to myself , "why the hell did we move down here"....i used to love it here in Orlando but New Yoricans and other people from some parts of the Northeast have changed people around here slowly it is becoming what these people want and they are totally blind to experiencing or respecting our culture in Orlando or what was the Orlando i knew before.

Well trust me ....Nashville is awesome. It does have its country and southern influence but its mostly people from all over the US and it is a melting pot which seems like most people that move there end up giving in and not trying to ruin the kindness and the morals of thier city....It has a vibrant downtown and a great traffic system....i visited there again this past December and it only took me about 10 minutes to drive about 20 miles into downtown....no stop and go really........thats because they have enough lanes and the right kinda planning to make traffic go smoothly....

Well if you are looking to relocate seriously because of how Orlando is becoming or for other reasons ..... plan a trip to Nashville.....there are lots of beautifull hills and mountains and the seasons change also.....and guess what New Yorkers its in the south for all of you who say u don't like the south because seasons don't change....well good luck and take it from someone who dispised even moving there as i heard we had to.....
Nashville rules... and yes, the New Yorkers (aka/ Puerto ricans and some other rude folks) have certainly contributed greatly to the demise which has stricken orlando.

These people have played a major role in plunging orlando into criminal chaos and the really messed up socio-economic problems that exist in orlando today.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:49 PM

48 posts, read 262,620 times
True, a lot of the cities in the Sun Belt were developed poorly in my opinion. With Orlando, the same has pretty much happened but I am confident they are going to try to turn it around. If you look at NY and Miami, they are pretty much built upon and developed. With Orlando, it seems that some apartment complexes, housing divisions, business establishments have appeared overnight. It has grown so rapidly. It is spreading outward from downtown because most of the people live in the surrounding areas of Downtown Orlando. Orlando can be turned around in the right direction to control sprawl, crime, traffic, if everyone works together to try to fix it. It still has a lot of area to expand to, but just use the land and time wisely and efficently.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:35 PM

39 posts, read 213,943 times
When are you moving back? Don't let the door hit you in the a**.

From an arrogant "New Yorican" who has lived in Orlando 28 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMIMANEFOSHO View Post

Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,585 times
For those of you who are so quick to categorize people from New York, or New Yoricans - I say this...

LEARN HOW TO SPELL (especially since you presume to be so darn educated!).

There is good and bad in every town or city across the US. If you don't like it...MOVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando