Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 AM

38 posts, read 157,069 times

Advertisements

Looking for a 55+ community. We love Mount Dora area. How close is Leesburg - there seem to be a larger amount of communities there? Is it accessible to shops, etc? Lakes of Mount Dora was nice but we were concerned about their financial state - jphase 3 & 4 were in foreclosure. Any other communities in the area? How about Port Royal in Tavares? Any information you can help us with would be appreciated. Looking from NY so it's hard to check it all out in a week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 AM

793 posts, read 2,524,912 times
Depends on your price range as there are 55+ communities throughout Central Florida so have foreclosure problems. But don't base your number of foreclosures; investigate the community association and the developers strength. Might help in the decision process and you could get a great deal.

Hope this helps

Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
The nicest 55+ community in Clermont is Kings Ridge. Definitely nicer than Summit Greens, with more amenities and everything close by.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 AM

12 posts, read 45,399 times
Smile 55 + community

Hello Penelope ,We're moving next year to very nice community"Stone Crest',across from Villages.We check all around community and the " Stone Crest " Have 1-best house for the price
2-bigger lot
3-less crowdy
Can call at 1-866-548-3352 for more information.
koczki

Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 4,003 times
I suggest Royal Harbor in Tavares FL a 55+ community with 750 homes. Well established Pringle built community. HOA is sound and there are NO "CDD" fees. (Personally would never buy into any community with a bond or CDD in place)
There is no golf in this community but various courses around if that's your game.
Currently less than 20 homes available as resells so that should tell you something.

royalharbor.org

Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 AM

189 posts, read 520,723 times
Smile worth checking out.....

And there's Del Webb Orlando, too!

Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 AM

38 posts, read 157,069 times
Thanks for the information on Royal Harbor. What I see online, I do like. We were in the area again last year and stayed in Mount Dora (love the town) and this year we will be in The Plantation but I keep going back to Royal Harbor so we will check it out this year. I was wonderting what the HOA fees are and how sound the community was. The homes and grounds look lovely so I am hoping everything checks out. Your positive comments make me hopeful. Any thoughts about Country Club of Mount Dora? Another possibility... Hard to choose the right one, we just don"t want to make a mistake at this point in our lives. Thanks for any information....

Old 01-05-2014, 01:16 PM

14 posts, read 28,489 times
Default Royal Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope55 View Post
Thanks for the information on Royal Harbor. What I see online, I do like. We were in the area again last year and stayed in Mount Dora (love the town) and this year we will be in The Plantation but I keep going back to Royal Harbor so we will check it out this year. I was wonderting what the HOA fees are and how sound the community was. The homes and grounds look lovely so I am hoping everything checks out. Your positive comments make me hopeful. Any thoughts about Country Club of Mount Dora? Another possibility... Hard to choose the right one, we just don"t want to make a mistake at this point in our lives. Thanks for any information....

Hello Penelope55,

I am a Realtor and work a lot in Leesburg/Tavares/Mount Dora area. Royal Harbor is a nice gated 55+ community on Little Lake Harris which is a chain of lakes. As I'm sure you have read online the community offers a wide variety of amenities: swimming pool, craft room, billiard room, card rooms and much more.
The area itself is very nice. Downtown Tavares has many great restaurants and shops as well as regular events (i.e. annual boat show, etc.).

Royal Harbor has a monthly HOA of $135 which is the same throughout the community. It covers the common areas, security as well as basic cable. The HOA is the same for everybody. Many people like that Tavares and its surrounding communities have natural gas available - gas stove - which saves on electricity.
At moment there are 30 properties for sale in Royal Harbor. Ranging from $119,900 small 3/2 to $499,000 a 2,450 SF home with a private pool. The average price for this community is between $180,000 - $220,000. Homes are built in stages as the oldest in 2000 and the newest in 2006.

Country Club of Mount Dora is a bit older community, but it has a golf course. HOA is only at $55 p/mo or $660 annually. The HOA covers common areas, security, tennis courts, etc.
At moment this community has 27 properties for sale. Whereas the lowest priced is $106,900 built in 1996 and 2/2 and the highest priced is $369,900. Average price in this community is between $200K-$220K.
Country Club of Mount Dora has been around for a while, therefore you will find homes there that have been built in 1990 and all the way up to 2003.

I personally think that Country Club of Mount Dora is in better condition than Royal Harbor. Even though RH is not a bad community, the golf course atmosphere makes the Country Club my personal favorite.

My recommendation is to go and visit both places, look at properties, talk to the on site staff and see for yourself.
I can help you with appointments, negotiations as well as closing. I do not require any commitment - simply if you like what I have to offer - feel free to use my services.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-05-2014, 05:07 PM

82 posts, read 204,926 times
What is everyone's opinion between Del Webb in Davenport, Heritage Hills (Clermont), and Kings Ridge? I know that there is Trilogy, but it's not a golf community. Thanks for your honest feedback.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:12 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
I've heard good things about Del Boca Vista Phase III
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando