Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,349,261 times

Advertisements

I keep getting conflicting opinions. I hear the newer areas around the shopping village and the newer subdivisions are great and was told that some schools (elementary) are A rated. Then I get private messages saying to re-think that area (and Clermont also) if we have kids and schools are important. I know I've read posts here from different people who live in that area and love it.

What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,541,470 times
Let me start by saying that I really like Winter Garden...but it really does have three distinct parts of it.

You have the new area with the shopping village that really does have just about anything you could want. This is where you'll find the new developments and such.

You have the older historical part downtown...this is actually my favorite part....With the older established homes and a real sense of community.

Then you have the other...the one that most people see if they only go thru Winter Garden on HWY 50. I myself would avoid the areas east of Dillard, north of HWY 50 and south of Plant Street. This area is worse than the dreaded Pine Hills that you hear tell about. (I won't get into my opinion of Pine Hills because mine differs from the majority)

So you see it really does have a split personality.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:03 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
I live in Clermont and love it. I wouldn't suggest any part of Clermont south of Lake Louisa State Park though, as that area is mistly short-term rental.

I think that the area around Winter Garden Village is really nice as well. Most of the rest of Winter Garden except for the area on Maguire south of the Turnpike where it meets Windermere and a couple of neighborhoods along 535--again SOUTH of the Turnpike should be avoided.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 AM

Thanks both for your replies

Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
I keep getting conflicting opinions. I hear the newer areas around the shopping village and the newer subdivisions are great and was told that some schools (elementary) are A rated. Then I get private messages saying to re-think that area (and Clermont also) if we have kids and schools are important. I know I've read posts here from different people who live in that area and love it.

What gives?
areas near winter garden village are gorgeous. go there

Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM

I wished we had gotten to visit there on our recent trip but due to several reasons (one being that I don't think we can get down there to move for at least another year or more) and the fact that between gas and tolls, etc. to get out there, it would have been more pain than it was worth at the time. We'll get over there this Summer when we get back for our summer trip (won't be so expensive since we won't be doing Disney) and can afford the extra time/expense of driving around.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMama View Post
I wished we had gotten to visit there on our recent trip but due to several reasons (one being that I don't think we can get down there to move for at least another year or more) and the fact that between gas and tolls, etc. to get out there, it would have been more pain than it was worth at the time. We'll get over there this Summer when we get back for our summer trip (won't be so expensive since we won't be doing Disney) and can afford the extra time/expense of driving around.
Good luck with that No sarcasm intended. DM me if I can help you at all?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 PM

Great! I appreciate it

Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,061,326 times
Inreference to my earlier post:

Last line:

again SOUTH of the Turnpike should be avoided--that should be NORTH of the Turnpike should be avoided, south is the good area. Sorry!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Inreference to my earlier post:

Last line:

again SOUTH of the Turnpike should be avoided--that should be NORTH of the Turnpike should be avoided, south is the good area. Sorry!
i was about to call you out on that but its all good

i looked at winter garden on google maps and the area where the streets are like a grid is not a good one

driving on west colonial isnt so great either. too much traffic for what was built to be a 4 lane country road and is now overcrowded 4 lane road that looks like garbage

though the same could be said about east colonial between greenway ford and bithlo area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando