Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:04 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I heard she was from Texas

That would make sense. TX has some hotties, no doubt! But I'm almost positive she came from Ft Myers, but maybe she's from TX originally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 02:10 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
I think most of the local news in Orlando is awful. There's very little investigative analysis into stories. For the most part its Ken and Barbie dolls with no personality giving the dumbed down audience cliff-notes on the news to keep them tuned in.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM

71 posts, read 178,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
I think most of the local news in Orlando is awful. There's very little investigative analysis into stories. For the most part its Ken and Barbie dolls with no personality giving the dumbed down audience cliff-notes on the news to keep them tuned in.
Amen brotha!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,693,879 times
Quote:
If you haven't noticed, that's what local news is period.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
I am shocked that girl is even doing metorology, only in Orlando.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I am shocked that girl is even doing metorology, only in Orlando.
I know she prolly doesn't appeal to you, but just because a hot girl is doing the weather doesn't mean she isn't credible. I think she does a good job.

But yea your right, larger TV markets are WAY better.. Since we watched the weather from the Orlando fox affiliate, lets take a look at the weather from the NYC fox affiliate..

YouTube - Fox 5 NY Needs to Update their Virus Scan Subscription

lmao, how professional

Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Better quality reporting, better on-air talent. Here the field reporters are often kids just out of college on their first assignment, and it shows while they are standing there repeating themselves over and over trying to figure out how to describe a crime scene and fill up their 30 seconds while live in the field and stammering to figure out what to say while the producer in the newsroom doesn't cut them off quickly and move on to another topic.
At least you get the semi-competent fresh out of college kids. It's far, far worse in a wee viewership market like the Panama City Nielsen market.

Trust me, you don't know how good you've got it in that regard. And just when they start showing signs of life and ability, they're off to a bigger and better paying tv market such as Waco, TX.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I know she prolly doesn't appeal to you, but just because a hot girl is doing the weather doesn't mean she isn't credible. I think she does a good job.
A women can be attractive and professional, she does not have to be a bimbo with tight clothes to be attractive. I just think a meterologist should act and dress professionally.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM

71 posts, read 178,444 times
Quote:
A women can be attractive and professional, she does not have to be a bimbo with tight clothes to be attractive. I just think a meterologist should act and dress professionally.
You hit the nail on the head.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
she looks and talks professional to me. you don't know her how could you call her a bimbo. you make it seem like it's a crime to be attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando