Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 126,649 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some insite on groveland/clermont area. I am looking to buy a new home in that area. looking at schools and safty, dont mind the boonies. any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Stay within the city limits of Clermont for the better schools.

Overall both areas are safe, there are a few sketchy streets on the east side of downtown Clermont and the west side of Groveland.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 PM

1,416 posts, read 3,211,998 times
Groveland sucks. go to clermont. Better schools and you save on gas and speeding tickets.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 PM

46 posts, read 126,649 times
why exactly does groveland sux. please explain, along w/ speeding tickets

Old 06-07-2010, 06:16 PM

The drive. But if you like a nice small town away from everything then Groveland and Mascotte are right down your alley. Speeding Traps I should say. Groveland Police and Mascotte POlice trap at any given time. But if you drive the speed limit your okay.

I prefer Clermont. its more beautiful in my opinion. The hills are unbeatable. It is closer to more major highways incase anything came down in Florida, also you have big city stores and shops and more to do than Groveland. but Groveland has nice homes just not the Variety Clermont has and for what it has to offer.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 AM

I've driven through Groveland many times and never gotten a ticket. Obey speed limits and you'll be fine.

That said, I do feel that Groveland is a bit removed from the rest of the planet. The very east side is fine, but the Mascotte side seems like a long drive even to get to the closest Publix.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've driven through Groveland many times and never gotten a ticket. Obey speed limits and you'll be fine.

That said, I do feel that Groveland is a bit removed from the rest of the planet. The very east side is fine, but the Mascotte side seems like a long drive even to get to the closest Publix.
it is, Mascotte takes us about 45 minutes there and back off of C.R. 565

Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trein444 View Post
Can anyone give me some insite on groveland/clermont area. I am looking to buy a new home in that area. looking at schools and safty, dont mind the boonies. any help would be appreciated
Groveland doesn't appeal to me at all. Can't really put my finger on it other than it is somewhat depressing. Clermont has some nice things to offer and I just have a better feeling about it. It has the beautiful Lakes, Minneola, Minnihaha, the South Lake Trail and lots of rural roads with hills if your a cyclist.
There are more ammenities in Clermont, movie theatre, Panera's Bakery, just a few more stores and shops than Groveland.
And Groveland is farther away from everything. It's pretty "country" too. But it basically depends on what you are looking for.
But don't get me wrong, both places are a hike to a lot of places in Central Fl.-Orlando, the airport etc.
I would visit first and see what you think. good luck

Old 06-11-2010, 08:12 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,097 times
Groveland does have some nice areas with a country feel. I just saw a listing for a nice looking home on 1/2 acre, with pool for $99k short sale. Fenced yard, nice trees, seemed like a good neighborhood of homes on large lots. Groveland Elem. is rated an "A" and has good test scores from my research. I know people who have kids in South Lake High. One said it is fine and the other said it is "redneck." The new Publix plaza in Groveland is near South Lake High. If you are seeking a bit of land and a tad slower pace of life, don't rule Groveland out. Taxes are a little higher there (see the table of all cities and their taxes on the website for Lake County Property Appraiser). Mascotte, well that's another story!

Old 06-12-2010, 06:01 AM

Keep in mind that Groveland taxes will probably go up a lot more over the next year or so due to the millions they spent on the Niagara lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando