Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,420,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I thought the dark green was too masculine for you?
This one is Black not green, put your glasses on This one has the sunroof i was looking for and I like red, so might go with this one instead : 2014 Fiat 500L New Sedan in Owings Mills Maryland | ZFBCFACH7EZ009920
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 08:28 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,161,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
This one is Black not green, put your glasses on This one has the sunroof i was looking for and I like red, so might go with this one instead : 2014 Fiat 500L New Sedan in Owings Mills Maryland | ZFBCFACH7EZ009920
I know, that' was my point. How's green too masculine and black ok?

The red one isn't bad. Better wheels than that other Lounge, certainly.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok, got ya! The thing is when they are running specials, like right now with President's day, their internet price is actually lower that the price on true car.com
Yep, that's why I put a disclaimer into one of my prior posts - if you can get it under truecar.com's prices, jump on it. But still try to talk them down some. Find out if there are any nationwide incentives on the car (the website suggests $1,500 customer cash, but I'm not sure if that's valid for all trims) and if they are included in the advertised price, as well. Also look into whether or not they offer free maintenance (more and more OEMs are going to that now - and not just the premiums, I'm pretty sure Toyota does) so that the dealer can't use it to "sweeten the pot" if you are already entitled to it.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I know, that' was my point. How's green too masculine and black ok?

The red one isn't bad. Better wheels than that other Lounge, certainly.
I see Black more like a unisex color, white as well, but dark green??? leave that to the gents!

Old 02-17-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yep, that's why I put a disclaimer into one of my prior posts - if you can get it under truecar.com's prices, jump on it. But still try to talk them down some. Find out if there are any nationwide incentives on the car (the website suggests $1,500 customer cash, but I'm not sure if that's valid for all trims) and if they are included in the advertised price, as well. Also look into whether or not they offer free maintenance (more and more OEMs are going to that now - and not just the premiums, I'm pretty sure Toyota does) so that the dealer can't use it to "sweeten the pot" if you are already entitled to it.
Right! The main issue about the free oil changes that they are offering is that it is dealer specific from what I understand, so most likely I will be buying this from a dealer that is over an hour away, which means driving an hour just for a free oil change won't be worth it for me. I also called the Baltimore dealer and their prices were that competitive because they added a lot of rebates that people did not qualify for : i-e if you are leasing: $1K, if you are a real estate agent: $500 and if you are a member of the military:$500 ect, so basically, you will have to add $2k to every advertised price.

Last edited by DCmum; 02-17-2014 at 08:43 AM..

Old 02-17-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I see Black more like a unisex color, white as well, but dark green??? leave that to the gents!
Duly noted. I wish my car came in dark green...le sigh.

Old 02-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Right! The main issue about the free oil changes that they are offering is that it is dealer specific from what I understand, so most likely I will be buying this from a dealer that is over an hour away, which means driving an hour just for a free oil change won't be worth it for me.
If it's a corporate promotion, you should be able to get it at any dealer. That's the thing, though, I don't know if FIAT/Chrysler have started doing that, but a simple Google search should tell you all you need to know.
Quote:
I also called the Baltimore dealer and their prices were that competitive because they added a lot of rebates that people did not qualify for : i-e if you are leasing: $1K, if you are a real estate agent: $500 and if you are a member of the military:$500 ect, so basically, you will have to add $2k to every advertised price.
Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing - they will do that, ensuring essentially that they will never have to sell a car for that price. How many ex-military real estate agent lessees will there be on a FIAT 500L? That's why I recommend truecar (and Edmunds) - so that people can realistically see what they should be paying.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
If it's a corporate promotion, you should be able to get it at any dealer. That's the thing, though, I don't know if FIAT/Chrysler have started doing that, but a simple Google search should tell you all you need to know.Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing - they will do that, ensuring essentially that they will never have to sell a car for that price. How many ex-military real estate agent lessees will there be on a FIAT 500L? That's why I recommend truecar (and Edmunds) - so that people can realistically see what they should be paying.

True! $23853 is the price Truecar quoted for a Lounge. The white lounge I really liked, the dealership in Tysons wouldn't budge on their $25k price. They keep calling me every day to find out if I bought a car though which is funny, but they are still not coming dow on the price

Old 02-17-2014, 09:21 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Right! The main issue about the free oil changes that they are offering is that it is dealer specific from what I understand, so most likely I will be buying this from a dealer that is over an hour away, which means driving an hour just for a free oil change won't be worth it for me. I also called the Baltimore dealer and their prices were that competitive because they added a lot of rebates that people did not qualify for : i-e if you are leasing: $1K, if you are a real estate agent: $500 and if you are a member of the military:$500 ect, so basically, you will have to add $2k to every advertised price.
I was about to warn you about Heritage Fiat.. Thats how they advertise such low prices.. But in the email they will assure you you can get the low price.. Not

Old 02-17-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
True! $23853 is the price Truecar quoted for a Lounge. The white lounge I really liked, the dealership in Tysons wouldn't budge on their $25k price. They keep calling me every day to find out if I bought a car though which is funny, but they are still not coming dow on the price
Did you register on Truecar? They should be able to give you an agreed-to price certificate that you can march into your dealership with (assuming your dealership participates in Truecar's purchasing program) and leave, having paid exactly that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands