Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
And the launch package of the 500L includes navigation and backup camera. Me likey
Oh, yeah, great point! That was one of the things the guy at the dealership had pointed out to me when I test drove it a few months back. It's a great package, too, worth almost $2K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
You really have to go to your Fiat dealership and get in one
I pass right by a dealer at least twice a week. But, driving a 14-year-old car, it's probably too tempting to go to a dealer to actively look at new ones. I do rent several times a year and once there was a regular 500 on the rental lot. I should have asked to take it but I think we were going on a longer trip so didn't.

I'm still driving my car into the ground, or at least another couple years before getting a new one. I think. But I like hearing about how others make their decisions.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
I do rent several times a year and once there was a regular 500 on the rental lot. I should have asked to take it but I think we were going on a longer trip so didn't.
I've had the 500 as a rental in Europe twice. It's nice enough, but the Euro versions are truly gutless for my taste. It does maneuver amazingly well and the interior is interesting enough to set it apart from the crowd, but then again Europe is chock full of interesting small cars, so maybe it's not that unique across the pond. It certainly is here. I also drove the Abarth in the States and fell completely in love - complete lack of practicality notwithstanding. It's basically a go-kart with a body. And that engine noise, man... I just don't think I could justify showing up for work at the Blue Oval in one of those.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:27 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,419,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Especially for you. The Veloster, even the Turbo, has its place in the market - I bet the funky styling is the chief reason for purchase (and, I guess, once you've gotten that far and if you have an extra $30-50 for a monthly payment, you can decide if you want the performance of the T over the base model), but for your purposes the FIAT is infinitely more useful.

Now, the real question - which trim and which color?
Totally agree. I want a Lounge or Trekking , was actually thinking if I should settle for an Easy and save some money? I love the red that's on the video i posted earlier with the white top, also love the trekking that comes in yellow with a white top, and the all white one. Those are my top 3 choices, but I just watched a video with a mocha latte, wow that color is not bad either, very unique and i love mochas and lattes …..

Old 02-16-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
I pass right by a dealer at least twice a week. But, driving a 14-year-old car, it's probably too tempting to go to a dealer to actively look at new ones. I do rent several times a year and once there was a regular 500 on the rental lot. I should have asked to take it but I think we were going on a longer trip so didn't.

I'm still driving my car into the ground, or at least another couple years before getting a new one. I think. But I like hearing about how others make their decisions.
I am not saying to go buy one, just go take a look so you can understand why we are saying it is unique really, you have to go and sit in one lol

Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Totally agree. I want a Lounge or Trekking , was actually thinking if I should settle for an Easy and save some money? I love the red that's on the video i posted earlier with the white top, also love the trekking that comes in yellow with a white top, and the all white one. Those are my top 3 choices, but I just watched a video with a mocha latte, wow that color is not bad either, very unique and i love mochas and lattes …..
Let me play with monopoly money for a second here.

Trekking w/6-speed manual
Verde Bosco Perla
Popular + Premier Package

Still looking at only $22K. If the dealer-offered premier package with Nav is still available, it pushes it back down to about $20K. At that price it's an absolute steal, in my opinion. Even if you tack on an extra $1,350 for an Auto trans, you're still below $25K for a lot of car.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Let me play with monopoly money for a second here.

Trekking w/6-speed manual
Verde Bosco Perla
Popular + Premier Package

Still looking at only $22K. If the dealer-offered premier package with Nav is still available, it pushes it back down to about $20K. At that price it's an absolute steal, in my opinion. Even if you tack on an extra $1,350 for an Auto trans, you're still below $25K for a lot of car.

The dealership i visited today had that exact one you're showing with the same color on sale for $21.4K for president's day i thought the color was too masculine and they didn't have this exact model in any other colors i wanted

Old 02-16-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
The dealership i visited today had that exact one you're showing with the same color on sale for $21.4K for president's day i thought the color was too masculine and they didn't have this exact model in any other colors i wanted
You've got another couple of dealers to visit.

There's a Mocha Trekking in Alexandria, although it's stickered a bit higher (but I'm sure you could talk them down - use truecar.com for that). There are also a few yellow ones there, as well.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You've got another couple of dealers to visit.

There's a Mocha Trekking in Alexandria, although it's stickered a bit higher (but I'm sure you could talk them down - use truecar.com for that). There are also a few yellow ones there, as well.
Yeh i saw that, i will probably go there tomorrow. Though most of the ones i saw did not have a sunroof, I saw a white one with a sunroof yesterday and it just made it so much cooler. What do you think about the sunroof option?

Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Yeh i saw that, i will probably go there tomorrow. Though most of the ones i saw did not have a sunroof, I saw a white one with a sunroof yesterday and it just made it so much cooler. What do you think about the sunroof option?
The sunroof is bundled with, IIRC, heated seats and the spare tire. I think it's an OK option if you want all three and it's reasonably fairly priced, at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands