Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:00 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,276,073 times

Advertisements

I think Id rather go for a Mini over Fiat and the Hyundai...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:06 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,153,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
Which Mini?

Old 02-15-2014, 07:21 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,418,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I love the Fiat 500L (and I work for Ford!) and I love even more the fact that people are actively considering buying these cars and not behemoth SUVs they have no use for, especially in an urban environment. If I needed a people-mover, it would be between the C-Max (because it gets great gas mileage...and because I work for Ford) and the 500L and I am not sure which one would win out. The 500L has an inordinate (by today's standards) ratio of windows to sheet metal, which makes for great visibility. There are enough toys inside to keep anyone happy and the amount of space in the back (especially if you fold and tumble the seats) can rival some minivans'. Plus, there's just something funky and cool about it. It's too new to pass judgment on things like resale value and reliability, but if you aren't planning on keeping it beyond the warranty's expiration (not sure if it's three years or five), at least the second part isn't something you should be worried about. Also, leasing might be an option if you aren't planning on driving it too much (which, I suspect, might be the case in an urban environment). There should be plenty of information about the 500L online - start here. There are FIAT dealers in Alexandria, Gaithersburg and Vienna around DC, just to name a few. Go test drive it and play around with all the interior features - you'll like it.

Other cars to consider in this price range:
- Nissan Juke (funky, but not for everyone - also, pretty cramped inside)
- Subaru Impreza (I'm a fan of the brand, plus they are massively reliable and have AWD which can't hurt in a four seasons environment)
- Ford C-Max like mentioned before (for the gas mileage and $$$ incentives)

I would personally stay away from the Veloster. It looks funky, but fitting a kid's seat in the back of a coupe is going to be a hassle, that extra one suicide door notwithstanding.

In all honesty, though, given your posts here, it sounds like you've got your heart set on the 500L. Go with that and you'll never find yourself second-guessing your decision. Transmission issues-wise - get a stick (but, really, you're buying a new car for a reason - they will fix it).
Thank you. OMG, I just got back from the Fiat dealership in Tysons Corner (close to Vienna) and I am in love The Fiat 500L interior is absolutely amazing! The windows all around give you a panoramic view, visibility is just awesome. I loved loved the interior of the car and all the cool features like the mini cooler which though not big, is really nice to cool a drink during the summer. I am going to Hyundai tomorrow, but it will take a lot for the Veloster to take me down from the high that Fiat provided today!! Love, love this car. Oh and talking about the bad reviews on the 500L, i joined a 500Lowners forum and most people there were satisfied with theirs and loved them, nothing like the horror stories on edmunds.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Eh, in all fairness, so is the 500L.
I actually stopped by Ford on my way to fiat today, and I did like this Cmax-, it looks really neat, but the interior of the Fiat just wowed me

Old 02-15-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
I like the Fiat's look better

Old 02-15-2014, 07:56 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,014,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
I am back again. I know I said I was going to settle for the civic or a camry due to the reliability of those cars but man are they bland!! I know that I should know better after my bad experience with my Murano, but i really like a car with a bit of style and out of the ordinary. Most sedans that i know are very similar and look the same. I love the design of the Fiat 500L, i think its feminine, has a european look and is a decent size. I don't need a lot of space in a car, just enough to be able to put a child seat in the back. For some reason, not a lot of info is available about the 500L online, i couldn't even find a Fiat dealership online. So what are your thoughts, experience about this car? Yey or Nay? and if Nay, whats another unique/cool design car you'd recommend to a gal I like vintage/rare/unique, and quirky styles
Are you in DC?
I loved my Fiat dealer in Tysons Corner Marcello was awesome. My 500 has 12,000 miles and no issues other than regular oil changes.

The 500l is a much bigger than the Veloster. At some point i sell sell both my cars and my Scooter and get a 500L lounge... Love the interior

Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Are you in DC?
I loved my Fiat dealer in Tysons Corner Marcello was awesome. My 500 has 12,000 miles and no issues other than regular oil changes.

The 500l is a much bigger than the Veloster. At some point i sell sell both my cars and my Scooter and get a 500L lounge... Love the interior
I am in Nothern VA, actually went to that Fiat dealership in Tysons earlier today, the one on Leesburg Pike Glad to see that you like your 500. I love the 500 but because I have a child, could never survive with the 2 doors option, so the 500L is a better option for me. I saw a lot of nice colors for the 500 though when i was there earlier today, and lots of people were in the showroom looking at them. I am seriously thinking about getting the 500L, the interior is really amazing. I went with a friend who did not care too much about them and when we got there , he was just like "meh' but as soon as we got inside the car, he changed his mind and was like "woow i did not expect the inside to look like this, this is awesome"

Old 02-15-2014, 09:59 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,014,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
I am in Nothern VA, actually went to that Fiat dealership in Tysons earlier today, the one on Leesburg Pike Glad to see that you like your 500. I love the 500 but because I have a child, could never survive with the 2 doors option, so the 500L is a better option for me. I saw a lot of nice colors for the 500 though when i was there earlier today, and lots of people were in the showroom looking at them. I am seriously thinking about getting the 500L, the interior is really amazing. I went with a friend who did not care too much about them and when we got there , he was just like "meh' but as soon as we got inside the car, he changed his mind and was like "woow i did not expect the inside to look like this, this is awesome"
I've driven the 500L.. it was fun to drive. Yes yes 0-60 is 9 seconds... but still fun.
I flew from Boston to DC to buy my 500 from them.

Last edited by minibrings; 02-15-2014 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-16-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I've driven the 500L.. it was fun to drive. Yes yes 0-60 is 9 seconds... but still fun.
I flew from Boston to DC to buy my 500 from them.
Oh wow, all the way from Boston? How is the 500 handling the snow in Boston? Yes the 500L is really fun to drive, I don't know if the veloster can top that today , we will see

Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 AM

16,662 posts, read 17,426,834 times
In the UK we can get something called the 500L Trekking.

It has additional traction control and seems fine in snow.

It's only available as a manual (stick shift).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands