Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:54 AM

44,658 posts, read 61,722,489 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
How about we do some "trash talkin"
lol now that I have your attention

How often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home? 1-2 times a week.

Is there one person in charge of this? No, volunteers are accepted.

lol do they do a good job? Yes.

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome? No, we have several receptacles to handle everything..

What do you use to line your inside trash receptacles:
Plastic bag? For big receptacles.
Paper bag? For newspapers.
Old plastic grocery bag? For small recptacles.
Nothing ?
other(well you never know ) ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card"? Don't re-call any.
(and I know you all know I don't mean you were in real jail"

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Disposable Diaper Day

What was around when you were a kid? Corn cobs.

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers? Disposable were not around when we had children.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel? Many years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:08 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,777,864 times
Today's Question(s):

How often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home ?
3-4 sometimes 5 times a week.

Is there one person in charge of this ?
Not really we take turns or I get it ready and she (my daughter) takes it to the dumpster.

lol do they do a good job ?
Like no other!

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ?
I always compact it.

Plastic bag ? plastic trash bag
Paper bag ?
Old plastic grocery bag ? only when we run out of bags
Nothing ? this is RARE but it does happen

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card" ?
Driving my landlord last Saturday to collect rent.

Extra Credit Question:

What was around when you were a kid ?
I don't remember thus far back.

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?
I've never seen a cloth diaper on a baby!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel ?
No thank you.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 AM

604 posts, read 456,993 times
Happy Thursday!

Today's Question(s):

How often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home ? about once a week, I think

Is there one person in charge of this ? no, whoever

lol do they do a good job ? excellent!

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ? well, maybe occasionally...

Plastic bag ?
Paper bag ?
Old plastic grocery bag ?
Nothing ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card" ? I've never been in jail

(and I know you all know I don't mean you were in real jail" Oh! Hehee...well, I don't know then

Extra Credit Question:

What was around when you were a kid ? I don't know what my mother used...probably cloth I would guess

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? disposable

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel ? no, I'm not sure what that is

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:17 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,361,911 times
Today's Question(s):

With just he wife and I we make about one bag of trash a week. This is collecting it from all over the house. We do make one big container of recycle trash every two weeks which is in a different can.

Is there one person in charge of this?
IT IS THE GUYS JOB

lol do they do a good job?
I thing I do a great job. lol

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ?
No we are both good about taking it out when needed. With just two of us it goes out to prevent smells sooner than being full.

Bio degradable trash bags.
Plastic bag ? yes
Paper bag ?
Nothing ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card"?
I am at a loss, to answer this one. Lots of things I don’t like to do, but have to as an adult, so I recognize the get out of jail free would only put of the job to another time.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of Disposable Diaper Day:
Out of my range of knowledge thank goodness.

What was around when you were a kid?
Cloth, but I think I was born house broken LOL.

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers?
Both were used, not sure which was the most common.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel?
I have had lots of sausages, and hot dogs too. I think both might fall under the name.

Today in History:
1836 - Abraham Lincoln received his license to practice law.
1850 - California becomes 31st state
1830 - Charles Durant, 1st U.S. aeronaut, flies a balloon from New York City to Perth Amboy, NJ
1884 - The first hot dog sold
1945 - 1st "bug" in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweezers from a relay and taped into the log.
This is funny.
1961 - Pampers changed America by creating the disposable diaper

Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,611,611 times
Today's Question(s):

How often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home ? Once a day

Is there one person in charge of this ? That would be me

lol do they do a good job ? Of course!

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ? Yes, there are at least 6 of those here.

Plastic bag ?
Paper bag ?
Nothing ?

Plastic. But NEVER the smelly kind, where they try and make your garbage smell like flowers or something, but instead it smells like some kind of gross chemical. Yuck!

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card" ?

(and I know you all know I don't mean you were in real jail)

Last week when I wished I could go out for a while for a little bit of a break.

Extra Credit Question:

Most people used cloth, but I'm pretty sure there were disposables. My mom bought them for my younger sisters when we traveled.

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?

I started with cloth and used them for 5 years, but after a few years of having three in diapers at a time, I threw in the towel and started buying disposables. At first I felt really guilty, but now I love them. My last baby should be out of diapers in less than a year! I can't even imagine..... I've been diapering multiple kids daily for 14 years.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel ? Nope

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM

27,375 posts, read 27,423,838 times
We have two very capable kids here who can take the trash out but sometimes its like pulling teeth, getting them do do something outside of their videogames....
Occaisionally I find the need for a 'get out of jail' card but manage to bail myself out of the situation, lol.
When I was a kid it was cloth diapers and though I used those paper one for my kids occaisionally, mostly leaned to the cloth ones. Guss IM just an old school type of girl.
I love Weinerschnitzel!!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM

24,518 posts, read 26,062,884 times
Today's Question(s):

Generally only once.

That would be me.

Of course I do.

I have been known to do that if trash pickup day is a day away. Had to stretch it this week because of Labor Day.

Plastic bag ?
Tall 20 gal. for recycle stuff.

For garbage and bathrooms.

Bonus Question:

Probably in a Monopoly game years ago.

Extra Credit Question:

Cloth and the kids had cloth too.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel ?
Not and official one, but we have a Weinerschnitzel fast food place not to far from us, but it's not the real deal.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,278,542 times
Today's Question(s):

How often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home ? Goodness, probably every 2 days, it's a 13 gallon can and we fill it up fast.

Is there one person in charge of this ? He normally does it, but on occasion I do too.

lol do they do a good job ? I tell him all the time he takes it out so good he should continue.

Is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ? Um, no...jamming it down only makes the bag harder to come out.

Plastic bag ?
Paper bag ?
Nothing ?

Bonus Question:

What was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card" ? There may be stripes in my future!

Extra Credit Question:

What was around when you were a kid ? Mum used cloth, but remember her using some sort of disposable on my younger sister, I remember the plastic panties that went over the cloth diaper though.

For those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? I got a package of cloth diapers as a gift when my son was born, and thought, 'haha no way'....we used disposable, but at the end of the month when money was low, I drug out the old faithful cloth diapers. I remember being thankful I had them.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever had Weinerschnitzel ? Well I totally learned something new today, I thought it was something else. I've never had it, but the USA variation of Chicken Fried Steak I have...yummy!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:09 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,460,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak View Post
good happy thursday everybody!! :d

today's question(s):
how about we do some "trash talkin"
lol now that i have your attention

how often do you have to empty your the main trash receptacle in your home ? hmmm. I have a trash masher thing that can go for 2-3 months squishing just the paper product that goes into it. For regular trash (food refuse, etc.) i fill the little shopping bags and put in the garage until i can add them into a large black plastic bag. Then, that goes to the dump.

is there one person in charge of this ? me, myself, and sometimes i!

lol do they do a good job ? sometimes i lets it pile up and me and myself have to get on her!!!

is there someone in your home guilty of the "oh there is plenty of room" because they just jam everything down to avoid having to take it out syndrome ? that would be me filling the large black plastic bags. Then i gets mad at me and myself is none too happy about it either!!! :d

what do you use to line your inside trash receptacles:
plastic bag ?
paper bag ? lined with plastic (made that way) is what goes into my trash masher. I love that thing!!! :d me and myself are fond of it too!
old plastic grocery bag ?
nothing ?
other(well you never know ) ? sometimes empty boxes.

bonus question:

what was the last situation you found yourself in that you wish you had a "get out of jail card" ? yesterday morning when out of nowhere, i was suddenly in an argument on the phone with my daughter. I didn't start it, didn't want it, and really didn't understand where it came out of... Left field i guess!!! i had to excuse myself from the conversation and hang up. I hadn't even finished my coffee for the morning and was crying!!! Geesh!!!

extra credit question:
in honor of disposable diaper day

what was around when you were a kid ? cloth! Lol and plastic elastic waisted panties that went over that! Hahahaha hadn't thought about that in a hundred years!!! Lololol

for those of you with kids or if you did any babysitting, did or do you use disposable diapers or cloth diapers ? i used pampers. Huggies hadn't perfected their method yet. By the time she was trained, the huggies were the best ones. I have no idea what's best now.

just for fun:

have you ever had weinerschnitzel ? no, but i'd like to try it.

today is:
weinerschnitzel day
Disposable diaper day
Nbc day
Colonel sanders day now you're talkin!! The best coleslaw on the planet!! :d
hot dog day (first sold in 1884) think i'll honor this one with a hot dog sandwich for lunch!! :d

Old 09-09-2010, 10:52 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,932,887 times
Hello QOTD gang!

Today's Question(s):

Every day or every other day at the least.

It is me or the DW. Sometimes we'll make one of the kids do it too.

Yeah, we do OK.

Absolutely! All of us do that most of the time in our house.

Plastic bag ?
Paper bag ?
Nothing ?

Bonus Question:

Can't really think of one at the moment.

Extra Credit Question:

Cloth

Disposable. DW wouldn't consider cloth and since she was the SAHM, I had no say in this decision.

Today is:
Weinerschnitzel Day
Disposable Diaper Day Another "crappy" holiday.
NBC Day
Colonel Sanders Day He was a genius!
Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884) I wonder what the fillers were back then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics