Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:55 AM

4,051 posts, read 2,923,725 times

Advertisements

Sunny and high 50s in the NV desert today. Love it!

Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house? Big ones -- living room. Small ones -- kitchen.

Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? Love watching them, but wouldn't go up in one for a million bucks!

Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? Never make 'em.

If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? Kiwigal

Today is:
Positively Penguins Day So CUTE!
Stephen Foster Day His beautiful spirituals are never sung or played in this PC world!

Getting to know my new kitty today -- a two-year-old jet black boy. Go Pack! Wishing you all a sunny Sunday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 09:29 AM

24,638 posts, read 26,196,376 times
Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house?
You would be in the entrance way hall closet, knock down the wall and you would be in the hall bathroom.

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon?
Nope, but I want to. Don't know why we haven't

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far?
None made to keep.

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it?
Only 6. INNOUT.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,761,841 times
Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house? You would have walked right through the large window on my entry porch! LOL

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? No, I'm pretty much a coward when it comes to things such as these!

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? What? No, I don't make New Year's resolutions.

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? Mine would say HVAGDDA!!

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sight of manatees by Christopher Columbus
1788 - Connecticut becomes 5th state
1793 - Jean Pierre Blanchard makes 1st balloon flight in North America
1854 - Astor Library opens in New York City
1857 - 7.9 earthquake shakes Fort Tejon California
1880 - 6' (1.8 meters) of snow falls in Seattle in 5 days holy cow!
1959 - "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV
1973 - Luna 21 launched, to Moon
1976 - CW McCall CB song "Convoy" hit #1 on the country music charts
1979 - K-Mart pulls Steve Martin's "Let's Get Small" for being in "bad taste"

Word of the Day:
sockdolager \sok-DOL-uh-jer\ , noun
1. A decisive reply, argument.

2. Something unusually large, heavy, etc.

3. A heavy, finishing blow.

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day
Panama's Martyr Day
Positively Penguins Day
Stephen Foster Day

Have a wonderful day my dear CD friends!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM

18,275 posts, read 26,004,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good Sunday morning to you all. Thought I'd post the question before I hit the hay and not have to rush in the morning. Lets jump into...

Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house? Halfway down the hallway near the bathroom.

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? No, as close as I've been is watching them go up at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, and that has been a while ago!

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? Nope. They all crashed and burned!

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? Be happy.

Today in History:
1880 - 6' (1.8 meters) of snow falls in Seattle in 5 days
1959 - "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV Loved the show!
1976 - CW McCall CB song "Convoy" hit #1 on the country music charts Still have the 45! "Cabover Pete with a reefer on and a Gimmy hauling hogs!"

Word of the Day:

2. Something unusually large, heavy, etc. Sounds like my waistline! lol

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day
Panama's Martyr Day
Positively Penguins Day
Stephen Foster Day My grandparents grew up in the 1880's and knew Steven Foster songs by heart. The first record I owned was "Songs of Steve Foster" that they bought for me. Still have it.
Enjoy Sunday! Thanks GG!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,619,816 times
Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house?
In the living room.

I don't make them

I loved reading everyone's answers for this one. You all are creative! Unfortunately, I am not creative enough to come up with one for myself.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 AM

821 posts, read 2,016,792 times
Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house? we don't use the front door, so if you walked in the back door and went 10 steps left, you would still be on the back porch (or mud room) where the dog eats (while your there, put some food in his bowl)

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? no,but would love to

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? I never even thought about making a resolution

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? (is this a car tag plate? if so, I have no idea)

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sight of manatees by Christopher Columbus wow, didn't know this
1793 - Jean Pierre Blanchard makes 1st balloon flight in North America would love to take a flight in one
1857 - 7.9 earthquake shakes Fort Tejon California I was in 7.0 earthquake last year (I want it to be my last earthquake also)
1880 - 6' (1.8 meters) of snow falls in Seattle in 5 days wow, that is alot of snow for even a whole year but in 5 days.....
1959 - "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV will have to see if my husband has this and watch it
1976 - CW McCall CB song "Convoy" hit #1 on the country music charts I was trying to sing this when I was in a convoy with the Brazilian UN trying to get out of Haiti last month
1979 - K-Mart pulls Steve Martin's "Let's Get Small" for being in "bad taste" have never seen this, now courious

have a great day

Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 PM

72,512 posts, read 18,243,979 times

Depending how small your steps are! You will get into the kitchen and fall out of the wall to the first floor

No never. Would love to!

So far so good

SOEYENH

Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,878,730 times

Just inside the door. You can't turn left there's wall in the way. You would, however, be at the entrance to the living room.

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? No

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? Yes. I never make any so it's easy.

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? RETIRED

Today in History:
1880 - 6' (1.8 meters) of snow falls in Seattle in 5 days
1959 - "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood premieres on CBS TV
1976 - CW McCall CB song "Convoy" hit #1 on the country music charts

Word of the Day:

2. Something unusually large, heavy, etc.

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day
Panama's Martyr Day
Positively Penguins Day
Stephen Foster Day

Bloggle

Mrs. Tek is supposed to travel for work Tuesday. I don't thinks she'll make it. The area she's traveling to is expecting up to 9 inches of snow by then and the stretch of interstate that connects us is often closed when this kind of weather happens. I'll set her up in the family room and start a fire for her instead.

I was considering playing in a poker tournament Tuesday and might not make it. It's local so the snow won't be as bad, but I'm being cautious.

Our shredder quit feeding yesterday so I'll be out looking tomorrow. I've noticed some micro shredders and that's what I'll be buying. I'm also going to look for a CD only shredder as we will have a lot of CDs to shred as we clean out for a retirement move. While I'm shopping I'm going to buy a second humidifier for the family room. We have a really nice one in our bedroom and the difference it makes has us wanting one where we spend the rest of our time.

All of you living down south please be careful in the coming storm. It looks like you are going to get a nasty mix in some areas. Drive carefully, don't tail gate. If you have ABS remember to "stomp, stay, and steer". Keep that brake pedal to the metal and let the system do it's job. Your job is steering (and staying calm). If you don't have ABS pump the brakes quickly to let the tires grip as you stop. Leaving your foot on the brake without ABS locks the wheels and you are then in an uncontrollable slide. No steering possible.

If you wear glasses and are about to hit something take off your glasses if you have time. Air bags and glasses are a nasty mix. Stuff in a shirt pocket and seat belts aren't too friendly in an accident either. I often take everything out of my shirt pocket when I drive in the winter.

Everyone be careful and be safe! Have a great day.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 PM

37,838 posts, read 41,190,445 times

Through the wall.

No.

Didn't make any.

ISCREAM

Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,480,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good Happy Sunday Everybody!!

Today's Question: If I were to step inside your door and go left 10 steps, where would I be in your house? You would exit the foyer and enter my livingroom.

Extra Credit Question: Have you ever been in a hot air balloon? No, but I have a childhood friend who owns a hot air balloon company in VT.

Bonus Question: Have you kept your New Years Resolution so far? I don't make them.

Just for Fun: If you had a vanity plate, what 7 letters would you have on it? BAH HBR

Today is:
Balloon Ascension Day Great! As long as someone else is in it!
Positively Penguins Day
Stephen Foster Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics