Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,440,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
A Posting Fool

And you know I mean that in a most LOVING way Robyn (LOL) !!!!

Hugs,

~HDL~

p.s.
I will definitely buy your book when it comes out on the NY Times best seller's list !
I know I am a posting fool.... I know its the truth, and I can accept it... I can... LOL

HUGS2U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 05:08 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,952,752 times
My passion and purpose is helping people.

I hate to see people being taken advantage of. I wouldnt say that I feel like I need to tell people what to do or how to live their lives but I like it when people know what their options are and how they can make the most out of the situations they are in and to also know that they have the ability to believe they can change it.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:07 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,570,318 times
My passions in life are many; my wife and kitty cat, travel, photography, fine dining, old cars, trucks and fire apparatus, toy collecting, posting on C-D, and generally just enjoying life after the childhood from Hell. I've always wanted to be a truck driver, so now I'm like a kid in a candy store! One of my purposes in life is to tell everyone that will listen about highway safety and sharing the road with trucks.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 AM

14,977 posts, read 9,895,330 times
Default To easy!

Quote:
lilpad said:My aptitude was supposed to be as minister, counselor or photographer, go figure! But my passion has always been dancing, writing and interior decorating. Trying to fit one or more now into a new career plan.
You should be a worshp pastor.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,665,962 times
What is that? I am totally NONreligious. But would consider counseling. The counselee would have to do as I tell them, or they couldn't come back! Waste of their money and my time.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,186,030 times
I have a passion for puzzles, mysteries, and writing. I love finding peaceful places that stir my emotions, music that makes me come alive, and meeting people that stop me in my tracks; they are so fascinating.

I bought the dvd "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes. My life changed a bit, and for the first time, I stopped waiting to find the time to explore my desires, and began living in them.

I am writing my first novel in a series of three, and most of my inspiration comes from my favorite cd-Enya "paint the sky with stars."

Thx for letting me share,
cheers to all

Old 08-03-2007, 12:02 AM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,217 posts, read 6,799,077 times
Smile Thank you for sharing that Katlakat!

Best wishes to you as you pursue your passion writing !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
I have a passion for puzzles, mysteries, and writing. I love finding peaceful places that stir my emotions, music that makes me come alive, and meeting people that stop me in my tracks; they are so fascinating.

I bought the dvd "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes. My life changed a bit, and for the first time, I stopped waiting to find the time to explore my desires, and began living in them.

I am writing my first novel in a series of three, and most of my inspiration comes from my favorite cd-Enya "paint the sky with stars."

Thx for letting me share,
cheers to all

Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,898,312 times
Nice post, HDL. I love these positive, thoughtful posts.

My passions have not necessarily changed, but been appended to over the years. Passions for me are anything I can creatively make with my hands - painting, stenciling, writing, cooking/baking, my 1st career as a make-up artist/hairstylist, sewing clothing/pillows/curtains, making soap/skin care products for myself & gifts, decorating in all its forms, refinishing/upholstering furniture, any & all arts & crafts. Love it all & I almost don't care which I do, as long as I'm creating, busy & I find it quite relaxing.

I actually still do a little of each, particularly fixing my mom's hair twice/wk (I still can't talk her into flaming red Lucy hair), baking bread & writing children's stories/picture books for my 4-yr old nephew in CA. I'm cross-country, so I enjoy mailing them to him. Everything else I do on an ad-hoc basis, only as I'm busy renovating my home, so steeped in creativity all day long.

For purpose, I'd say I've changed drastically from decade to decade. In my late teens/early 20's, all I wanted was to get away from where I lived in my teens. It became my purpose to work hard, but was very unfulfilling as I was an "if only I could change xxx, I'd be happy" kind of person. That brought on years of deep depression & there was a time in my late 20's/early 30's when I felt I had no purpose. At 34, I drastically changed my attitude from being an Eeyore-type ("woe is me", "nothing ever goes right for me") & became "happy for no reason", which is how a co-worker once described me. The same woman once told me I smiled too much! Oh, no, not that! The horror!

I believe one of our main purposes after being placed on this earthplane is to be as happy as possible, not to be confused with irresponsibility & 24/7 partying (except for the month long "August HDL 1K Point Party", of course!) I've changed careers a number of times, hoping to find purpose & struggled while learning that I needed to find purpose inside myself, not outside, which is why I couldn't find my purpose by switching jobs every 6-mos/1-yr. It may sound inane to some, but each of us has different challenges & ways to deal with them. Once I lightened up my attitude & adopted a more relaxed frame of mind, it's amazing how my coping skills increased, drastically. Prior to that, I thought my sarcastic, cynical way of looking at the world was realistic. Once I learned it was the only way I knew how to cope, I was able to lovingly let it go. Now, there's no stopping me.

My purpose now is to spend my 2nd half of life, taking better care of myself, meaning not working so many hours, particularly at jobs I don't enjoy; not saying "tomorrow" or "someday, I'll do that"; placing friends, travel & fun in life, as a priority. I now let negative people go, whether they're friends, family, co-workers, neighbors I might have lent an ear to before. I have limited time, I send silent blessings to the miserable I encounter & do not allow them to tread on my ability to retain a good mood, all day long, for no reason, smiling too much.

Gary Zukov once said, "When you know better, you do better". I don't regret "before". I just didn't know any better. Now I can make better choices, like returning to school next year in an effort to change careers to a much better paying one, which is more creative than IT & much less hours than I've ever worked. I'll actually be able to support myself quite nicely working PT, freeing up time to travel more & enjoy more, building a nice network of friends. Finding my life's last partner is important to me & I've begun taking strides in that direction, as well. Relaxing more is important & it took surgeries to show me I could slow down & not perish, but it's okay, lesson learned.

There's lots more on the horizon, but that's a start. I'll figure it out as I go along, modify my purpose as I need, append to passions as I find new ones & see a healthy, happy life in a new region of the country beginning very soon. My last passion is to return to Europe someday to live out my last years. It's my home & I put that energy before me, leaving the door open. I know it will happen, but have plenty of time for it to work itself into my schedule.

Enjoy your passions, everyone... VV

Last edited by Baltic_Celt; 08-03-2007 at 05:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics