Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:58 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s): Hi!

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? Air conditioner, fan, refrigerator.

What's the first thing you do when you get online? Weather.

Inquiring Minds Questions:

What irritates you most on the internet? Horrible journalism.

What was the last thing you ate ? Canned spaghetti & meatballs.

Happy Saturday! Send that rain from the north down here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose?

1. refrigerator
2. vacuum cleaner
3. coffee maker (altho I used to use the old fashion kind on the stove)

What's the first thing you do when you get online?

Check my calender and email.

What irritates you most on the internet?

connectivity problems.....seems to happen a lot!

What was the last thing you ate ?

I just finished a delicous chicken salad sandwich....(with walnuts and dried cranberries in the salad).

What was your first job?

Library page.....that was a wonderful job.

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup?

No, but if they were being "impossible and kept it up" I might say something, altho I would probably just get "icy" and try to ignore them.

Have a great Saturday

Old 05-14-2011, 06:22 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,607,924 times

Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? HVAC system, computer, washing machine

What's the first thing you do when you get online? Check email

What irritates you most on the internet? People who are mean just because they are sitting in front of a computer screen and not in front of the other person.

What was the last thing you ate ?Chicken sandwich

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job? Staffing the counter at our local swim club when I was 13.

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it? Nope.

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup?

No, I'm too nice to do that. I don't do well when people are mean to me. Fortunately it's pretty rare for someone to send rudeness like that in my direction.

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born I have one who was born with the darkest eyes you've ever seen. Just about black. So this one can't be true.

You can’t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?) This one's true

1/4 of your bones are in your feet Interesting!

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell)

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power Also interesting.

Have a great Saturday Happy weekend everyone!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:25 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Rained out at the race track today so I have time to answer

Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose?
Refrigerator, washing machine, computer. Had a hard time coming up with the third one. I use gas to cook and I imagine I could find a stove that has manual, not electric, gas valves. Clothes will eventually dry. I use my TV as a source of noise most of the time. My computer is used as a communication tool, a source of entertainment, and a companion.

Check e-mail, 3 newspapers, CD. I'm in a rut.

The ease at which someone can access your personal information.

What was the last thing you ate ?Oreos and milk. The worlds best bedtime snack.

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job?
Pumping gas at Wargo's garage.

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it?
NO

Scenario Question:

They might never know if you spit in their soup. If I'm unhappy with someone I will let them know. Spilling food would do that.

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born

You can’t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?)

1/4 of your bones are in your feet

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell)

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power

Have a great Saturday
[/quote]

Old 05-14-2011, 06:31 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
[quote=BigMike50;19145220]Good morning / afternoon /evening depending where you are at the present time.

Looks like we all survived another FRIDAY the 13th

Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? Refrigerator,washer and tv.

What's the first thing you do when you get online? Check my e-mail then pop in here at City-Data.

What irritates you most on the internet? Pop-ups and junk mail.

What was the last thing you ate ? A banana

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job? A cashier at a fast food restaurant.

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it? Maybe

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup? Absolutely not.

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day - Not mine

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born - I knew that

You can?t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?)

1/4 of your bones are in your feet

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell) I agree

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power - Some days mine operates on less! lol!!

Have a great Saturday

Great job BigMike50!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:48 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? wow, this is a hard one.....
TV
Frig
washer and dryer (okay, it's 4)

What's the first thing you do when you get online? check my email, then off to CD

What irritates you most on the internet? pop up ads

What was the last thing you ate ? cereal

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job? working at a men's store

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it? yep

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup? neither

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day even wearing flip flops

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born Not mine

You can’t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?) I'll pass

1/4 of your bones are in your feet a lot is going on in the foot dept. today

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell) I agree on both

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power Is that a lot

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Last edited by Bella52; 05-14-2011 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Happy Saturday!!!

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? Hmm!!! I am off grid so the only electric appliance I had until 2 weeks ago was a microwave sans all the digital lights and clock. I just got a regular electric refrigerator 2 weeks ago instead of my propane one. So far so good

Oops.. I thought you said kitchen appliances. Now I have to change, lol.

I would choose:
A refrigerator with self defrost.
Washing machine.
Electric drip coffee maker....it might not taste as good as mine but it would be faster

What's the first thing you do when you get online? It depends. Lately I have been checking the weather first. I'm waiting to plant my tomato and pepper plants.

What irritates you most on the internet? Slow sites.

What was the last thing you ate ? Cottage cheese and peaches with cinnamon

What was your first job? I worked at a Rustler Steak House. I did everything from food prep, to greeter, soda girl, busser, dishwasher and cashier.

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it? I have one just above the right side of my waist.

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup? I've had that happen.....but I was too nice to do anything about it other than grumble.

Have a great day!!!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Good morning / afternoon /evening depending where you are at the present time. Good morning!

Looks like we all survived another FRIDAY the 13th I actually had a wonderful day! I met a really nice guy at the Starbucks and we had a conversation. I love running into Deaf people and signing with them because I remember how awesome it was when the rare occasion of having a real conversation would come up. So we talked for awhile. Then my friend showed up as a surprise and asked if we wanted to go to the music store to just play. We did, for hours on end. I wrote a song in the guitar shop area. Someone working there who goes to Berklee music of college told me I should apply for a full scholarship. Then my friend and I literally spent hours singing duets together on the street, lol. After that I taught another friend on the keyboard who is a super-genius. She literally learned "Blackbird" the second time ever sitting down at the keyboard. For the musicians reading this, I'm not talking about just a single-note melody. I taught her about chords, scales, inverted chords, and tertian harmony up to 7th in the second lesson and she learned "Blackbird" using triads keeping the guitar melody on top while singing along at the same time…in her second lesson ever. And they're not just notes to her, she understands the music theory behind it, as in she knows when she's playing a major chord and a diminished chord, etc. Like I said, Super-genius. Maybe I can get a scholarship at Berklee but I think she can get a scholarship at Juilliard! Lol. I can easily say yesterday was one of the best days of my life!

Today's Question(s):

Computer, hot water, stove.

Gmail. Then CD. Lol.

The even higher rate of misunderstandings because of the lack of tone of voice and body language.

A burrito (last night).

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job?

Working for this place. I started working there in 2003.

I don't know.

Scenario Question:

No. I'd figure they had a bad day or weren't taught manners. Waiters has to deal with rudeness all day. (My parents own a restaurant.) If they tried to make something of it every time, they'd be out of saliva from spitting in so many people's soups.

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day No surprise there! Lol.

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born I knew that one too. Dark blue/grayish.

You can’t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?) Ticklishness is dependent on not knowing. When you reach to tickle yourself, your nervous system already knows where you're going so it prepares against feeling tickled in advance.

1/4 of your bones are in your feet That's pretty impressive.

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell) Isn't that subjective? I personally agree, but I'm sure others think men smell better.

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power Lol.

Have a great Saturday You too!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:22 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
GOOD MORNING!

Today's Question(s):

A fridge, a stove, and a computer.

QOTD!

Can't think of anything. I'll get back to you on this.

a stale cheese puff.

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job?
babysitting

no, just freckles & scars. LoL!

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup? Depends on how my medicine is working at the time.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:44 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Thanks for QOTD today, Mike.

Today's Question(s):

If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would you choose? Blender, coffee maker and mixer.

What's the first thing you do when you get online? Check and answer email.

What irritates you most on the internet? Those windows that appear on a page. Not pop-ups--I have them blocked--but the ones wanting me to take a survey or something like that.

What was the last thing you ate ?poached egg and toast.

Bonus Questions:

What was your first job? selling tickets in a movie theater.

Do you have any birthmarks? If so, where is it? no

Scenario Question:

If you are working as a waiter and one of your customers was rude, would you spill food accidentally on them? or worst still spit in their soup? no

Strange human facts:

Your feet can produce a pint of sweat a day not surprised, my feet sweat a lot. This is why I wear sox year round.

Babies always have blue eyes when they are born No, they don't. This is an old wives tale. Some babies have brown or other colored eyes when they are born.

You can’t tickle yourself ( who's trying this right now?) No, but I can scratch myself.

1/4 of your bones are in your feet I know some people who have that much in their heads.

Women smell better than men ( in sense ..I mean sense of smell) Usually, to other people, too.

Your brain operates on 10 watts of power I know some who use far less wattage and they aren't very bright.

Have a great Saturday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics