Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:22 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Looks like it’s time to say goodbye to the last Saturday in July
and for . . .

Today's Questions:

There’s been a lot of talk lately about ‘ceilings’ and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!”

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ‘adult’ throwing a fit like a 2 year old?

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol?

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders”

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like

Did ya hold your nose and eat it, or ‘decline’?

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog?

When’s the last time you changed a diaper?

Just For Fun

What will you miss the most when the summer is over?

What will you not miss when we roll into fall?

Today in History:

1729- City of Baltimore founded
1942- Franklin D. Roosevelt signs bill creating women's Navy auxiliary agency (WAVES)
1956- U.S. motto, In God We Trust, authorized
1974- House Judiciary Committee votes on 3rd and last charge of "high crimes and misdemeanors" to impeach President Nixon in the Watergate cover-up
1975- Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa disappears in suburban Detroit
1988- Harry Drake shoots arrow record 1873m

Word of the Day:

Gazump\guh-ZUHMP\, verb;
1. To cheat (a house buyer) by raising the price, at the time a contract is to be signed, over the amount originally agreed upon.

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day
International Comedy Day
National WAVES Day
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day

Enjoy your weekend and,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Good morning to all! Thanks for QOTD today Joy!

Today's Questions:

There’s been a lot of talk lately about ‘ceilings’ and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!”
I have a co-worker who can bring this phrase out of the mouth of most people they encounter each day.

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ‘adult’ throwing a fit like a 2 year old?
Not crying like a child. But I've seen people just "going off" in a total over reaction to a situation that could have been handled much more appropriately.

When I get mad as blazes, I tend to be quiet and plot my moves. I think this is much more effective as the other party has no clue what's happening.

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders”
Remember that co-worker I mentioned above?

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like

I will politely decline to eat anything that I deem necessary. I'm a lifelong "picky" eater and good at it!

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog?
Yep! I once made a tray of Baked Ziti that turned out so bad that I've never even made it again. Somehow that one tray ruined the dish for me at home.

It was in the 90's.

Just For Fun

That feeling like you've walked into a refrigerator when entering the house from the hot outdoors.

The power bill required to enjoy that refrigerator like feeling of walking into the house from the hot outdoors!

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day Yum!
International Comedy Day I can watch comedy all day.
National WAVES Day
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day Now this one is right up my alley today!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Stripes17; 07-30-2011 at 06:35 AM..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:34 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Today's Questions:

There’s been a lot of talk lately about ‘ceilings’ and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask: Yeah, it's ridiculous

That would have to be my son but I won't say what he did

Absolutely!

Oh my, too many times to count but these days I try to behave myself and be nice no matter what the circumstances

What’s That Smell?!?!

That would also be my son, again

Yes, but I ate it anyway

LOL, that's pretty much every time I try to cook something other than hamburger helper, I suck as a chef

EW peeuew it's been a while

Just For Fun

Not being able to wear my flip-flops

I won't miss all of this dang HOT weather!

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day......................I love that stuff
International Comedy Day.....................yay! I love a good laugh
National WAVES Day.............................way to go ladies
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day........I'll probably just stay in the a/c

Last edited by Ilene Wright; 07-30-2011 at 06:45 AM..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times
Today's Questions:

Self-serving, petulant, stubborn politicians - yours and ours!

When out late at night, it's not unusual to see and hear someone throwing a tantrum (often drunkenly) - often after they've been asked to leave a bar or restaurant.

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol? I had more than a moment several years ago when I needed to make an unusual transaction at a bank. When I called them beforehand they said to just come in any time and that I wouldn't need any specific documentation. So when I turned up they told me I should have made an appointment, and made me wait for over an hour. Then, when they finally saw me, they told me they could not process the transaction without seeing my passport. Since this transaction meant they would be receiving quite a lot of my hard-earned money, I lost it completely - and made sure everyone who was in the bank at the time knew exactly what I thought of them.

What’s That Smell?!?!

Fortunately, most of my friends are very good cooks!

I think it would be rude to decline, unless it's something I could pretend to be allergic to. I would probably eat as much as possible, then pretend I was full.

Have you ever ‘experimented’ with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn’t even feed it to the dog? I don't experiment much and the few times I have done so, the results have never been inedible. Disappointing perhaps, but not inedible!

Gosh, it's been years... I can't even remember the last time.

Just For Fun

It's winter here, and I will miss absolutely nothing when it is over!

What will you not miss when we roll into fall? I'm looking forward to spring... should be here within 3 or 4 weeks. I won't miss the chilly winter nights.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Kobber; 07-30-2011 at 07:05 AM..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning Joy...thank you for doing the QOD.

Our government acting like idiots then again that's really nothing new

Not that I can recall.

No...I'm very good in public

What’s That Smell?!?!

I smelled something skunk like the other day.

When my hubby constantly compliments me and it tends to gt very deep. I know I am very lucky but it does get deep in my house, lol.

Nothing that smelled bad but I have "seen" some funky looking food. Some of it didn't taste too bad.

No...but I will not eat liver

I have and just recently. It tried making a bean, zucchini, chicken burger. I am still eating them because I hate waste...but yuck!!!!

30 years. I don't do diapers. I have changed maybe 5 diapers in my life.

My garden

The humidity

Wow...that was a lot of questions, lol. Have a great day!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Good Morning!

Today's Questions:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, “Would you PLEASE grow up!” youngest DD~with her whining..

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ‘adult’ throwing a fit like a 2 year old? Yes & I pity the person who has to go home with them!

OK, fess up – have you ever been out in public and had a ‘moment’ lol? I sometimes get a tad....

What’s That Smell?!?!

What’s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, “It’s gettin’ so deep in here I need to grab some waders” Union talk..

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like no I am grateful if anyone else will cook!

Thanks for the QOD Joy!

Have a great day everyone!

Just For Fun

Old 07-30-2011, 07:02 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Today's Questions:

I can't say but it was on TV and it has to do with acting like a petulant child and repeatedly blaming somebody else for your own current problems.

No, I'm not much of a shopper where these things probably happen.

My "moments" are usually in my car where no one sees or hears me.

What’s That Smell?!?!

I refer to my response to the first question.

Like what?

Don't remember that ever happening. I don't like the smell of fish but people know I won't eat seafood so they don't serve it when I visit.

Worst smell to me is lilacs. They are a pretty flower that smells like cat p*ss and I can smell them from a distance whether they are cut and in a vase or growing.

No. Not because of the "horribly wrong" part but because I don't cook from recipes.

When I was a babysitting teen, maybe twice in my life.

Just For Fun

Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise, Summer is my least favorite season.

Heat (Number 1), white hazy skies lousy for outdoor scenic photos, kids out of school in my apartment complex hanging out outside in the evening, people on vacation in my apartment complex taking up parking spaces in the daytime when I come home with groceries, late afternoon thunderstorms, mosquito bites, bug splatter on the windshield and though not a problem where I live now, crickets inside the home.

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
[quote=JustJoy;20242674]Good morning everyone
Looks like it?s time to say goodbye to the last Saturday in July and for . . .

Today's Questions:

There?s been a lot of talk lately about ?ceilings? and a whole lot of supposed grown-ups IMO acting like preschoolers, which made me want to ask:

Who was the last person, and what did they do, where you wanted to or did say, ?Would you PLEASE grow up!? Hubby had a hissy fit because we went to a moving sale and purchased a tv for 10 dollars that works just fine for the bedroom. Yes, it's old but hey, for 10 dollars..don't complain..she could of gotten 25 dollars for it..lol! He had his heart set on a newer set but unfortunately someone else bought it.

Have you ever been in public and heard/saw an ?adult? throwing a fit like a 2 year old? Yes

OK, fess up ? have you ever been out in public and had a ?]moment? lol?

What?s That Smell?!?!

What?s the last thing you heard that made you roll your eyes and think, ?It?s gettin? so deep in here I need to grab some waders? Neighbor talking about a house he wants to buy but can't afford,especially since he changes jobs so often because he thinks he can do it all and then when the company finds out he is all talk he is usually let go.

Have you ever gone to a friend or relatives for dinner and had them serve something that smelled like Not that I can remember

Did ya hold your nose and eat it, or ?decline??

Have you ever ?experimented? with a recipe and had it go so horribly wrong you wouldn?t even feed it to the dog? No

When?s the last time you changed a diaper? About 28 years ago

Just For Fun

What will you miss the most when the summer is over? The longer days

What will you not miss when we roll into fall? The hot air

Today in History:

1729- City of Baltimore founded
1942]- Franklin D. Roosevelt signs bill creating women's Navy auxiliary agency (WAVES)
1956- U.S. motto, In God We Trust, authorized]
1974- House Judiciary Committee votes on 3rd and last charge of "high crimes and misdemeanors" to impeach President Nixon in the Watergate cover-up
1975 Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa disappears in suburban Detroit
1988- Harry Drake shoots arrow record 1873m

Word of the Day:

Gazump\guh-ZUHMP\, verb;
1. To cheat (a house buyer) by raising the price, at the time a contract is to be signed, over the amount originally agreed upon.

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day
International Comedy Day
National WAVES Day
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day

bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Today's Questions:
Can't have a rational discussion with an irrational mind.

Rarely

Not since before kindergarten

What’s That Smell?!?!
politics

I don't know who your friends are! No.

Maybe once or twice. Sometimes make happy discoveries.

Years. Why does this question come after the previous ones?

Just For Fun
Swimming, I suppose.

A/c influenced electric bills. There is a time in spring and fall when you can get away with little or even no ventilation.

Today is:
National Cheesecake Day okay
International Comedy Day that's a laugh
National WAVES Day as in Navy females?
Take a Long Nap in the Shade Day better put on sunscreen anyway

Remember to vote in CDs July photo contests, if you haven't already.

Last edited by bjh; 07-30-2011 at 07:13 AM..

Old 07-30-2011, 07:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
National WAVES Day
1942- Franklin D. Roosevelt signs bill creating women's Navy auxiliary agency (WAVES)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics