Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Intruders found sleeping in funeral home caskets - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

what a grave story,, they must have thought they were in vampire school..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 05:55 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Lol..good one, cruxan!

A grave story indeed. Guess they were just dying to get some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Intruders found sleeping in funeral home caskets - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Sleeping in caskets? That's just dead wrong.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,832,228 times
My Grandfather actually chose his own coffin by putting on his best suit complete with a navy blue velvet bowtie. He drove to the local funeral home with two of my Aunties and chose two coffins which he proceed to lay in, much to the disbelieft of the funeral director and the "Aunts" who considered themselves true fashion divas. He instructed them to choose the coffin that would suit him best, and he laid there with appropriate dignity while the selection was made. After conferring, a decision was made, and he pre-planned his funeral on the spot. He had an incredible sense of humour. My Aunties are elderly ladies now, and they have often regaled us with the tale.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post

Okay, I want to know how the two intruders did $9,000 worth of damage to the two caskets. What the heck did they do in there besides sleep in them?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
My Grandfather actually chose his own coffin by putting on his best suit complete with a navy blue velvet bowtie. He drove to the local funeral home with two of my Aunties and chose two coffins which he proceed to lay in, much to the disbelieft of the funeral director and the "Aunts" who considered themselves true fashion divas. He instructed them to choose the coffin that would suit him best, and he laid there with appropriate dignity while the selection was made. After conferring, a decision was made, and he pre-planned his funeral on the spot. He had an incredible sense of humour. My Aunties are elderly ladies now, and they have often regaled us with the tale.
That's a pretty amazing and fun story, taigagirl!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post

it's good consumerism to test out the products before buying

you definitely want a good coffin with a lot of leg room..

Old 08-23-2011, 09:29 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Has the whole world gone mad???

Old 08-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Has the whole world gone mad???

not everybody yet!!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
That reminds me of the true story of some divinity school students who were practicing how to conduct a funeral service complete with one of their fellow students playing the part of the corpse in an open casket. While they were thus working some vistiors came into the funeral home chapel and thought they were witnessing an actual service. The visitors sat respectfully in the back and listened until.... The "corpse" who had been waiting quite a while lost patience with a slow colleague. He sat up in the casket and said, "Can we get on with this? I'm hungry." At which point the visitors got the heck outta Dodge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics