Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM

11,302 posts, read 11,067,631 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to take a moment and reflect. We're living in tough times, and the topics on many forums are a great indication of that fact. People who know me here know that I engage on many different forums. And we all know that different forums bring different vibes.

I love the debate and information that is shared on forums such as politics, employment, education, and religion. At the same time, these are the forums that bring me the most sadness. The Politics forum makes me sad, because I see more animosity than togetherness on most issues. The Religion forum saddens me, because everyone believes their religion is the correct one, and everyone believes that everyone else is doomed. The Employment forum makes me sad because I can see that we are all in a bad situation, and the people that are not seem to attack the ones that are. The Education forum saddens me because there are many people who believe that for profit and online schools are substandard, and their worth is lesser in the real world.

On the flipside, the Entertainment, Food and Drink, Sports, and Community forums bring me the most happiness, because no matter what people like, there is a sense of integration and enjoyment that makes things interesting and brings my self esteem and love for City-Data back to where it should be.

So as I reflect, I just want to say THANK YOU to all the people that make CD a most wonderful place to spend time in. In the last two years of being a member, my horizons have been broadened, and I am forced to look at the world in a much more open light. I also want to thank the mods, as it is evident you all work very hard to keep this community a civil place to be. It can't be an easy job, and your efforts are most definitely recognized.

These are my thoughts for this evening. I wish everyone a most wonderful rest of the week, and best of luck in all your endeavors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,285,272 times
I agree ditchlights.

There is never a reason for someone to be rude.
Not online.
Not face to face.
Never.
....but they are and it always amazes me.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,585,338 times
Hence the reason I hang out in the 'happy' forums. I deleted a friend from FB because his constant political diatribe became boring.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,837,886 times
Thanks for starting this thread Ditchlights. I couldn't agree with you more. That is why I find myself mostly in Other Topics, which is generally quite a nice place to be.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,837,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I agree ditchlights.

There is never a reason for someone to be rude.
Not online.
Not face to face.
Never.
....but they are and it always amazes me.
Glory, I wish I could rep you right now. That is also so true.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM

36,451 posts, read 16,059,117 times
Thanks so much Ditch, I feel the same way!!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,444,875 times
I love C-D because it is a window into what America is thinking. I read most of the different
state threads, but rarely comment, because I would'nt know what I was talking about! I
comment in the Las Vegas thread because I've been a lot. But, Other Topics is good fun,
and light hearted. I try and put myself across, hopefully with an obvious tongue in my cheek!
It'd help if I could do a funny little face at the end of my comment, but I can't. Thank you
to all the kind people who've sent me advice on this subject, but my machine won't have it!!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,694,631 times
I love all the forums except for the celebrity and true crime thread.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,189,933 times
I like it here and decided to stay, it took my a while to become comfortable but that was a long time ago

Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,014,339 times
In real life I have my share of pain and sorrow. C-D's Other Topics Forum is one of my happy places I head to when a happy place is in need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics