Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,750,033 times

Advertisements

Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy.
Wow! You just reminded me that November is almost over! Where did it go?

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer?
Non-Believer but they can be fun to hear about.

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area?
Can't think of any, no.

Extra Credit Question(s):

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure?
Very cool under pressure.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)
As long as I get a bit of peace and quiet every day, especially alone, I'm Zen the rest of the time. If I'm around too much chatter, crowds, and/or noise with no break from it, I get agitated & miserable.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket?
No, I'd roast to death in that thing. I'm never that cold. Just a regular throw is good enough for those cold nights in front of the TV. I reckon I'd get all tangled up in one of those snuggies and I'd hate that.

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) lol! No, I can't see myself wearing that either. Maybe if I were in some cabin in Alaska or Montana in winter or something.

Completely Unrelated Question(s):

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat?
Across, from my DH, so we can look at each other while talking.

Today is:
Computer Security Day Unfortunately, these days, every day has to be Computer Security Day. There's some real scumbags out there.
National Meth Awareness Day I hope I never have to be familiar with that horrendous drug!
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative) We'll probably buy our tree this weekend - a little Noble Fir, my favourite.
Stay Home Because You're Well Day Actually I've had a bad cold the past 4 days. And I only stayed home the first day. Too many things to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 10:03 PM

21,685 posts, read 8,828,165 times
What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Total cynic. I always check snopes.com before I believe any rumors. When I get scary e-mails that say "Forward this to everyone you know," I automatically assume it's a hoax.

If so, what are they? There are a number of ghosts said to haunt various places in the Bay Area.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Cool under pressure, but I fall apart as soon as the crisis is over.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) I take a deep breath and tell myself This, too, shall pass.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? No, I've heard they're cheap junk and not worth the price.

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) What's wrong with people these days that they want to revert to infancy? C'mon, people, wear a sweater, throw on an afghan or put on an extra pair of socks. It's not that hard.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Across.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,850,149 times
Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy. Hola, spinx. November has gone by so fast..Thanks for the QOTD.

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? I love them. True or not, they are awesome tales.
Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? There's been a few!!

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? I am cool Just let it all happen..

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) I just don't let a whole lot of stuff bother me. It works
Bonus Question:

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) My Mom has one

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Across

Today is:
Computer Security Day
National Meth Awareness Day Well it's important to be aware...I am so very thankful my family has not been touched by this horrible addiction
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative)
Stay Home Because You're Well Day

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone. I am pretty happy to be in the middle of the week. I am taking Friday off to go and visit my parents, so it is a short week. I love it. I could totally do a four day week.

Last edited by taigagirl; 11-29-2011 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM

27,457 posts, read 27,487,042 times
I can generally stay pretty cool under pressure, in fact, thats what would make my ex so much more angrier...not getting the type of response he wanted when he got angry...

No need for one of those snuggie type of blankets, we have a couple of nice wool ones draped over the sofa and a couple of very big, furry cats that make great leg warmers.

No matter where I go, if its with someone, prefer to sit across from them so we can hear each other talk rather than them talk.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,082,883 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Non-believer

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? None that I'm aware of

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Kinda in between.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) Listen to music, talk to friends and ultimately, trust God.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? No but I should get one.

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) Haven't seen that one ...

Across from so he can stare into my sexy eyes

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 AM

34,337 posts, read 20,616,893 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Both, depending on the legend. Some of them are so lame, like the doberman with two fingers in his mouth, and the cops telling the lady, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! The burglary/kidnapper/muderer is STILL in the house! Whateverrrrr! Those are wieners that my dog is eating!

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Yes, we have a very small private fenced off NDN cemetery about 50 yards from our house, and supposedly you can hear singing on a certain night. That is probably just me after a 12 pack of Heineken!

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.) See above. I have more. Many more! I like NDN legends, like the Little People and Big Foot ones.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Cool at work and not so cool at home.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) Prayer, beer on weekends, and a healthy dose of apathy!!!

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? Ewwww. NO!

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) EWWW! Those are too weird.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Across, I am bubba sized, and no one can sit next to me. Just "around" me.

Today is:

Stay Home Because You're Well Day ALRIGHT!

Bueno trabajo, spinx.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,503,064 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Generally, a non-believer.

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? There are lots of spooky things that happen in my area, mainly because it attracts a lot of hippy-trippies who have been smoking something!

Usually cool under pressure - more so these days than in the past.
How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) I need to step back from people on a regular basis.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? Not me. A throw is quite enough on the occasional cold day or night that we get in mid-winter.

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)
They look very awkward and the sleeves look like they'd get in the way.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Across - whether it's a date or any other kind of meal sharing event. I like to see who I'm talking to.

Thanx Spinx.

Happy Hump Day to all.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 AM

39,140 posts, read 23,127,287 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer?
Non-Believer

It's possible, since the Los Angeles area has a lot of dead celebrities buried in the area.

Cool under pressure.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)
Pray A LOT, usually when I'm out taking a walk.

Bonus Question:

No but one of my sister has one and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets them for her dogs (5 of them!).

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)
Nope!

Prefer to sit across from each other when we eat.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:16 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,210,140 times
I'm going back to bed.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,206,244 times
[quote=spinx;21912858]Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy.
Happy Hump Day!

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Non I think I could be wrong though

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Naw

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Cool

Sorry I keep my "ZEN" a secret

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? LOL..Naw

Across

Today is: Wednesday 11/30/2011

Don't forget your Napkin Day
Enjoy your Wednesday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics