Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 AM

741 posts, read 1,682,431 times

Advertisements

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? NONbeliever

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? lots of ghost towns

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)
Im not sure what the "story" is behind the ghost towns

Extra Credit Question(s):

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure?last night proved I am an over-reactor--more like a nuclear reactor when i get really mad --on facebook of all places --

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)normally i just hide

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket?no

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)no, but i thought it would make a good christmas present lol

Completely Unrelated Question(s):

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat?across
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 AM

782 posts, read 1,110,935 times
Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy.

Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer orNon-Believer?

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area?
There prolly are....
If so, what are they?
but I don't know about them.
(I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)
and they will leave their hand prints on the back of your car so the story goes.....lived near the tracks..went over the tracks many times...never had handprints on my car. This story is one reason I don't believe in urban legends...
but, and this might sound contradictory and silly but I do believe in sasquatch...go figure.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure?
Cool under pressure THEN I over-react...
How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)
I have a firm belief that everything is temporary and this too shall pass.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket?
No..uh no and no...
How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)
I got the youngest one for Christmas last year as a joke gift but she loves it...she is a size zero and I got her an extra large...she says it is the best blanket she has ever had. Again...go figure.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat?
At a square table across...in a booth next to...and I pay attention to which one he suggests.

Today is:
Computer Security Day.... Oh Gawd...
National Meth Awareness Day....Must We?? If it weren't in my face everyday I might feel differently.
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative).... Deck the Halls!!!
Stay Home Because You're Well Day.... And so I shall because I can.
Ya'll have a GREAT DAY...How many shopping days til Christmas???

Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM

37,816 posts, read 41,119,481 times
What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer?

Non-believer, however, I believe both legends and rumors spring from a scintilla of truth.

Yes.

If so, what are they? (I know there's a RR track in Texas with some spooky little kids that will push your car from the tracks if you stop on it.)

The story of John Hendrix who saw the future:

http://smithdray.tripod.com/or/johnhendrix.htm

I'm one of those "delayed" reactors. Cool while the situation is happening, yell and cry and want to sock someone in the jaw later.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.)

I don't.

Bonus Question:

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)

No and no. Don't like being cocooned/restricted. Even in hotels, I pull out all of the tucked in covers and flat sheets before I sleep in the bed.

across

Old 11-30-2011, 08:49 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,382,900 times
I must be a pseudo-believer. In my brain I know they are not true but in my heart I take heed of them.

Not that I know of.

I tend to overreact except when it is a life-threatening situation and when those happen I'm very cool.

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) I play my guitar.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? Not me

No way and thank goodness that no one has given me one as a gift.

Across from.

Today is:
Computer Security Day
National Meth Awareness Day
Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting (tentative)
Stay Home Because You're Well Day

Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,805,921 times

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.) Just let it flow around and past me like a gentle breeze. I can actually feel it when I do.

Bonus Question:

Today is:
Computer Security Day
National Meth Awareness Day

Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,381,858 times
Default Todays questions

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? ...I take it with a grain of salt

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? If so, what are they? ........I work in the foot hills and there are abandoned houses and trailers out here so it's a story of a crazy guy who runs around naked with a spear, I do my best to keep it going by placing solar lights in old buildings and such.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure?....Cool

How do you keep your zen? (meditate, count to ten, go to your happy place, smoke a cig, etc.).....It's just the way it is.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket?...Yes bought a few for presents a couple of years back, nope no one liked them

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw)...Yep those would be it.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat?....Across unless I have to cut their food for them

Old 11-30-2011, 10:03 AM

24,559 posts, read 26,116,943 times
Today's Question(s):

Non.

Nope, pretty dull here, Oh wait there's supposed to be a gravity hill in the next town North of us.

See above.

Pretty much cool.

Have a toddy.

Bonus Question:

Noooooooo.

Not gonna happen.

Alone, usually across, in a group, wherever we fit.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,917,504 times
Default Today's questions

My computer is acting up today, so I'll post answers quickly before the next hiccup.

I'm a non-believer in urban legends, but we have "Area 51" -- top secret military base -- a few miles north of here. Stories about aliens abound.

I keep my cool by taking deep breaths.

I don't have a snuggie or a onesie though they look very cosy.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,064,101 times
Hola, mis amigos. I'm serving up your last QOTD for November. Enjoy.

Bueno, bueno dias minx

Today's Question(s):

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? No clue

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? Depends on the situation - I can be as cool as a cucumber, but then there are times . . .

How do you keep your zen? I'll let ya know when I figure it out lol

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? Didn't buy it, but my son gave me a very soft and snuggly one.

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Date, date - let me get back to you after I look the word up in the dictionary.

Today is:
Computer Security Day
National Meth Awareness Day It sure can ruin people's lives - horrible drug

Old 11-30-2011, 02:10 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,051,330 times
Today's Question(s):

What's your take on Urban Legends: Believer or Non-Believer? Non-believer generally speaking, however, I am open to the possibilty of some paranormal phenomenon. I just think that urban legends tend to be blown out of proportion or are often so ridiculous it's hard to believe them...lol.

Are there any local urban legends or spooky happenings in your area? Yes

A couple of haunted houses and some ghostly sightings out near a graveyard.

Are you an over-reactor or are you cool under pressure? It depends on the situation. At times I can be very cool under pressure and then there are the other times when I'm not.

I try to take a deep breath and count to ten but it doesn't always work...lol.

Bonus Question:

Has anyone bought a snuggie-type blanket? No

How about one of those giant "lazy" adult onesies they sell on TV now? (lol @ that, btw) No

Do you sit next to or across from your date when you go out to eat? Across from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics