Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM

741 posts, read 3,511,149 times

Advertisements

I need opinions here, I bought my house thinking it was in the perfect location, Big lot on a corner surrounded by one side with woods. Unfortunetly, next to some really bad people. A couple who are not married, drug addicts, this I know because when I moved in they offered me some illegal stuff. I refused of course. The problem started when the woman kept inviting herself over to my house, Then mysteriously while she was here my $8,500 wedding ring which was sotered to my engagement ring all of a sudden turned up missing when I took it off to make meatballs. It was on my kitchen counter and missing as soon as she left. At the time I was married 6 yrs. and have always known where my ring was. I'm now married 11 yrs. I did not accuse her, but, since then things turned ugly. My son at the time who was 1.5 yrs old walked on their grass and the man who is a hairdresser started yelling at me to get my kid off his property. Meanwhile, I was babysitting their kids while his girlfriend was with her other boyfriend. This i know because she brought this other guy to my house when her live in wasn't home. Since then this live in boyfriend who is 46 yrs old started his cursing me out in front of my kids daily, of course I got loud back. When I originally put my house up for sale 2 yrs. ago he started yelling again telling me he would tell all protential buyers that my house was infested with termites. It's not. My house has been completly re-done , new kitchen ,deck, windows, driveway, landscaping while his house looks pretty bad. Problem is its 5 yrs of constant battling. the more we ignore him the more he does to try to get a reaction out of me. He blocks my kids from walking on the sidewalk in front of his house, He thinks he's intimidating me and the kids but really it's not working. It still continues to this day, We have been to court after he started following us all over the place, I was granted a NO-contact order from the judge. He was not to talk, look at us, follow us , nothing. This has not worked. I'm selling this house because I just can't raise my kids in this kind of environment. And it's just to expensive and I can't take them anymore. I would stay if they weren't my neighbors. Other's in the neighborhood have problems with them also. Their 15yr.old son just came out of Juvenile detention center after being there 10 months. I'm basically stressed out. What would you do if this was happening to you? My friends say that maybe he's mad because I don't work. I think he's just whacked out. Has this happened to anyone else? if so how do you deal with? I wish I could move tomorrow.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:29 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,330,009 times
My Landlord...she's nuts (literally, her family and our neighbors have told me about her sickness...bi-polar...of course it was after we were moved in). I can't even get into many things that have happened because it makes me sick, but to give you an idea of what we've been living with (for now, because we're looking for a new place) she screams so horribly loud in her apartment (regarding anything, whatever strikes her fancy, she screams about)...it's so bad that she makes my kids cry and we've actually tape recorded her...it's insane. And this next thing, you're gonna love: We were outside on my front porch, my husband, her and I...out of nowhere she starts screaming that I was hitting her with a broom (everyone outside could see we were just standing there...not to mention that her daughter has told us she's notorious for making these accusations...she even did it to her late husband). Anyway, she starts screaming so I yelled back at her that she was nuts, she then turns around and screams on the top of her lungs that I'm evil and God ripped my baby out of my stomach and let it die on purpose because I deserve things like that to happen. This was two weeks after my husband and I lost our baby (I was just into my second trimester). Basically my husband had to lay on me to keep me from tearing her head off...we then had to call the cops to file a report that she's harrassing us. Believe me, I know what you're going through.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:46 PM

Pixie, I sent you a PM

Old 09-10-2006, 07:47 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Default What a sad situation patty :-(

I've never had neighbors like that thank goodness, but, might I suggest a box of matches?

Old 09-10-2006, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I've never had neighbors like that thank goodness, but, might I suggest a box of matches?
Thanks, I needed to laugh at that moment.

Old 09-10-2006, 08:59 PM

You know, it's a good suggestion, however, I've come to a conclusion. When we say things like "drop dead" or other mean things like that...it's not worth it. What I think is worth it is if someone who's like that (let's say my landlord for example) doesn't drop dead or go to jail. I wish for them to be healthy and live a long life...so long that they outlive all the people/friends/family in their lives and they're left completely alone to wallow in their own misery where no one can bail them out anymore. That's payback.

Ps. I'm not a mean person, but when someone who's crazy pushes you to the point that you start thinking you're crazy...that deserves a little "meanness".

Old 09-10-2006, 09:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Wink wow - I'm speechless

Hello girls- Just read the Patty & Pixie posts and almost fell off my computer chair. Holy crap, do you know their screen names? LOL I'll be sure to bang'em with neg reps WITH MY NAME. l o l.....

Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Patty & Pixie, I like that, kind of like Kate & Allie, Marykate & Ashley (god forbid) Drake & Josh (yes, we watch nickelodeon in my house), Frick & Frack, Heckyl & Jeckyl....hey, we're both from Jersey, we should start our own show. NewHomes, so are you, you can direct the show. Patty & Pixie: what would the storyline be? "Living with Loonies"?

Old 09-10-2006, 10:49 PM

Pixie, I'm ROTFLMAO.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:31 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,581 times
Exclamation Omg!!!!!!

That's UNBELIEVABLE!!! That's like a nightmare or a comedy (Though it's not funny! Just too unreal!!!)

And I thought I had psycho neighbors!!!

When I lived in SoBe, the maintenance guy was a Vietnam vet that the landlords hired because they were too cheap to pay someone sane!
The landlords were two sisters from NY - the big loud heavy accented raspy smoker type - you guys are from Joisey-so you know what I mean!

This guy would have his tv on SOOOOOOOO loud because he was deaf in one ear. He lived under me for about six months. It was WAR!!!!! I would put in earplugs & BLAST my music & beat on the floor!!!!!! We would both be screaming-I'm laughing as I write! I don't know who was crazier!!!
But I was sleep deprived thus insane!
And it bothered him TO DEATH that I was a night person. You know the kind.
If you're not like THEM...

One day he set off the fire alarm & was screaming "Fire! Fire! Everybody's gonna die!!!"
No one in my building of psychos even came out! I went downstairs & witnessed this myself!

I had some sort of foreign drug dealers next door...I knocked one day to ask if they could please lower their tv or music or whatever it was and they answered with one guys hand gushing blood saying he'd been shot.
Didn't phase me. I was like ok yeah.
They finally put a guard in the lobby. Many crack addicts hung out outside.

I actually loved the place for the first few years - it felt like home! (NY)

But the thing that finally made me move after 5 years was the psycho b*tch that moved in upstairs. She walked around (these were studios with wood flors!) CONSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!! I mean CONSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!
I did the same music thing with her & she had the nerve to come upstairs & tell me to stop! I laughed! (More like insane cackling! )

Finally I went up there one day to try to find out what the HELL she was doing & if we could work something out. Her response?

I'm LIVING!!!!! Just like that! Insane & melodramatic.
I was like - that's it. I'm outta here!!!!!!!

Then I lived in a more "normal" building mid-beach for 6 years.
About 5 of them with a gay model with an attention complex living upstairs. Wood floors again. He would talk SOOOOOOOO loud. He was a SoBe/Hollywood "my parents never listened to me so I need attention wah wah" type!!!!!!!!! Dear lord!!!

Again I would sceam so he could here me. I'd immitate & mock him. I'd purposely beat the ceiling when I knew he was sleeping!
The landlord (who was a crazy Indian guy from Canada ?! - cool dude but too "cool") would tell me he complained. I'd say he's crazy & he's just saying that. Oh it was WAR!!!!!!!!!!

I'm NOT the type of neighbor you should go to war with. I ALWAYS win!!!

But YOU guys - you're neighbors are beyong crazy! I mean seriously! They're criminal! That's beyond noise & "issues". That's harrassment. They're dangerous. Keep calling the cops! And get the hell outta there! (Unless THEY move first!!! That's always MY strategy!!!!!! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics