Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:00 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times

Advertisements

I was just talking with a fellow C-D'er about pranks that siblings play on each other when they are children. It reminded me of the many times I, as the baby of our family, was the victim of my older siblings' pranks. (To be fair, I'll admit that I was also the perpetrator on more than one occasion. )

I'll share one of my stories.

I was the baby of 3 kids and my bro and sis used to pull pranks on me all the time. I was completely gullible. The threat of the "man-eating plants" behind our friends' house was the worst. I was already afraid to go near them (the plants) because I'd been warned, and one day my brother picked me up, kicking and screaming, carried me over to the plants and threatened to drop me into them. He said that the plants would even consume my bones, so Mom and Dad would never find my remains. I believed him. Bro ended up getting a whippin' for that one.

Does anyone else have childhood pranks to share?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
My two youngest kids were pranksters. When they were in middle school, they put a rolled up pillow behind my car tire on the passenger side. As I backed out of the drive way, I ran over the lump. Both of them started screaming our cat's name. After I was in the middle of a complete melt down in the car....they started laughing. (It was April Fool's Day)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM

293 posts, read 893,641 times
Talking Never a victim

Many have tried, many have failed

Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
My two youngest kids were pranksters. When they were in middle school, they put a rolled up pillow behind my car tire on the passenger side. As I backed out of the drive way, I ran over the lump. Both of them started screaming our cat's name. After I was in the middle of a complete melt down in the car....they started laughing. (It was April Fool's Day)
OMG, that was TERRIBLE! (So why am I laughing out loud?)

Good one, Glory.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
Many have tried, many have failed
But were you ever a perpetrator? C'mon, you can tell me. I won't rat you out......

Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,953 times
Both.

My sister thought it would be funny to sneak into the bathroom and dump a box of frogs in the bathtub while I was taking a bath. I was soooo not amused.

I waited a couple of weeks before I took my revenge. Red polka dots all over her face with a Sharpie. Did I mention it was school picture day?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
I convinced my younger brother that I could break wind on demand at bedtime. We shared a room.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
lol

I convinced my baby sister that she was a boy and was adopted. Not really a prank but just cruel. Still funny to me though.

Im still a prankster. Last night I took my secretaries scissors and tied a long string of rubber bands to them and hung them from the ceiling just out of her reach so they dangled above her desk where she couldnt reach them. She was not amused.

she got me yesterday by telling me if I imagined a salt shaker in my hand and then shook it into my mouth i could taste the salt. (picture it)

I did the quarter trick to her sister(also a secretary). You take two quarters. One quarter is normal. The other quarter you color the edges with a pencil.
I challenged her to see who could roll the quarter down their nose into the cup and make it 5 times in a row. Of course she wound up walking around the office with pencil marks all over her face

Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
As kids? Heck we still prank each other as adults.

We ended up working for competing companies in the same industry and he could do voices extremely well. He used to call my voice mail at my office and leave these irate messages from customers who had broken english. One I must have played 6 or 7 times before I realized it was him. I actually transfered all these calls he made onto one casette tape and play it around Christmas. It's a riot.

Not to be outdone. My mother worked for my brother and got his mail and opened it. Knowing this someone found these envelopes pre-printed with "Your Herpes Test Results Enclosed" and we found a letterhead letter from the health department made photocopies and cut and paste job so it looked formal and then mailed it to him. Of course, my mother was the first to see it.

I used to live above a store on a main street and was on my phone and I looked down at the street and there was my brother looking up and laughing and got in his car and drove off. He had put this HUGE plastic lawn ornament goose in the driver's side of my car. We kept that thing and just when you forgot about it - it reappeared. I snuck over in the middle of the night and shoved it's nose against his sliding glass door so when he opened the curtain in the morning it scared the hell out of him. I came out of shopping mall once and there it was on my antena. I bungie corded it to the front of his truck and he drove around like that all day because he had backed the truck in when I did it.

We did bids for city services and these were required to be time stamped and were often worth millions. If it was stamped even one second late it was thrown out and not considered. I was tearing down the highway when a car pulled up next to me a window came down and it was my brother flipping me off and took off ahead of me. All I thought was, "Watch this cowboy!" And I drove up and got in front of him and slowed way down and strolled slowly through a yellow light while he got stuck at the red and I reached my hand out the window and flipped him off.

He left town with his family to work at a waste disposal company in another city and state and I found one of those pony heads on a stick at the dollar store. Just like in the Godfather, I yanked the head off the stick, put it in a box with a note that said, "The Family Welcomes You To XYZ City!"

Then they moved to Florida and my aunt who lives there found me this woman who pink flamingos people's yards for a living. She does a massive good job too. I couldn't resist. She leaves little green space and does the entire front and back if she able to. It's funny, but she has the stickers on the bottom of each of them and has only lost one or two the whole time she'd been doing it.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Perp.... We would tie a string to a purse and place it in the street. When cars stopped to grab it we'd jerk it away. On residential streets we tried draping newspapers over a string laid across the street. When a car was coming (slowly) we'd raise the paper wall. We soon decided that was too dangerous. We toilet papered a couple houses or so. We'd dress up in some old clothes and stagger down the street acting drunk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics