Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,891,319 times

Advertisements

English Dave> the nightstand is a small cabinet usually with drawers to place your lamp and other necessities

My nightstand has a lamp, a little basket with tissue paper, hand cream and night cream(to get rid of wrinkles....) an alarm-clock radio and a coaster for my unsweet tea at night.

Here's a picture of the 2 nightstands by the bed:

Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,249,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
English Dave> the nightstand is a small cabinet usually with drawers to place your lamp and other necessities

My nightstand has a lamp, a little basket with tissue paper, hand cream and night cream(to get rid of wrinkles....) an alarm-clock radio and a coaster for my unsweet tea at night.

Wow! Beautiful furnishings and decor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times
Thanks Annie!! I understand now. We call those things bedside cabinets!! Ours are similar. I see your teddy has a nice spot on the bed. Judy's bear Little Ted resides in the same spot!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
The bed side table is on my husbands side of the bed. It has an old clock radio telephone and a lamp on it. We have two dressers on my side of the bed. My clock, jewelry boxes, glasses, boxes of contacts, coin can, and alot more stuff I should find places for.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM

3,950 posts, read 2,571,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
An art deco lamp and an antique tri fold mirror, both featuring borzoi.
I had to look up borzoi to see it was a dog breed. Learn something new everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Got an LOL with this one! My loaded 38 is very close to the bed but not under. I love lace anything!

Edit: I didn't tell you the stuff on the furnishings. The night table has a lamp, clock and water bottle. I gave up on the pretty stuff on the dresser because it's at the big bedroom window and perfect for the cats to look out. So they a big comfy blanket or whatever on the dresser almost all the way across with the window shades raised enough for outside viewing. The window sill is wide marble so lots of room for them to sit on the sill.
I think I will be more carelful posting to you and elnina. Who knows how if you are working near your bedroom... would that reach through the net?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Stuff & things, some unmentionables and some mentionables...
AND you haven't mentioned the mentionables either! Maybe they are un-mentionable too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
On nightstand: A pretty porcelain lamp with a dark green shade, an alarm clock, my single vision glasses so I can lay in bed to watch TV, Chapstick, a coaster, a box of tissues, an oversized mug for used tissues, etc., a cordless phone, and usually some mismatched or unmatched socks.

On dresser: DH's clothes
Socks, socks! More socks. (what ever that means... )

Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 PM

61,667 posts, read 87,041,175 times
^^^ Nah... I am such a harmless mod...

Old 04-03-2012, 06:07 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,831,342 times
My nightstand:

Box of Kleenexâ„¢, a touch-to-light lamp, an electric alarm clock, a battery-operated alarm clock (in case the power goes out), and a larger radio/CD player (for listening to music), a bottle of Avon cucumber melon body lotion, two small jars of face cream, and a microwaveable heating "pad" made of fleece and filled with dried corn -- given to me by a dear friend several years ago.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftmyheartintennessee View Post
No nightstand, the small dresser that sits next to the bed is as ALASKAN MUTT described---full
to almost overflowing with assorted papers, change box, bottles and tubes of lotions,creams, and body sprays...The floor space between the dresser and bed has numerous stacks of books, magazines, and devotional reading materials...Under the bed is totes of yarn, a footlocker with quilting pieces and various other sundry items of which I don't recall...I don't go under there very often...
Now, I'm not sharing what is under my bed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Nightstand, lamp, alarm clock and some essential oil. No phone, no remotes, no food, nothing else. I use my bedroom only for sleep
SLEEP? Really? Ah yes, I do remember sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Kindle, bottle of water, handmade doiley from my gramma, lamp, alarm clock, Sporting Clays Magazine and a laptop.

ronnie

Nice. Love gifts like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post

Extra points for a photo! Very nice as Dallas Kitty said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
The bed side table is on my husbands side of the bed. It has an old clock radio telephone and a lamp on it. We have two dressers on my side of the bed. My clock, jewelry boxes, glasses, boxes of contacts, coin can, and alot more stuff I should find places for.

Lots of stuff to find places for... yes, I have to do that too!

Actually, I use my camera bag (on my bed) to hold misc. stuff -kleenex, pens, etc... I can then just close the bag and not see any of it!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Nah... I am such a harmless mod...
Sure, sure, that's what they all say!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics