Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 AM

44,434 posts, read 20,205,283 times

Advertisements

I know it's going to be a good day. I put some oatmeal in the microwave at work, and when it finished cooking and the machine beeped, I opened the door and saw that the handle of my bowl was actually facing the door! Woo-hoo! I didn't have to burn my fingers turning the bowl around so I could reach the handle. Yes, indeed, it's going to be a good day!

Ha ha!

Anyone else have positive tidbits to share? Some little thing that happened that made you smile and believe it's going to be a good day? Please share!

Oh . . . and . . .

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,473,840 times
Just getting up this morning, opening the curtains, and, what's that....the sky is blue, and, and, SUNSHINE!!! I dug out my dusty sunglasses, and Judy and I went into town. Nice and warm, town full of smiling people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
I'm not sure a cool oatmeal bowl will do it for most people Pammers....but we are all happy for you.

My happy days usually start with the kids say they will be gone for the day.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Just getting up this morning, opening the curtains, and, what's that....the sky is blue, and, and, SUNSHINE!!! I dug out my dusty sunglasses, and Judy and I went into town. Nice and warm, town full of smiling people.
Hey, that's great news, Dave! Enjoy that glorious sunshine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not sure a cool oatmeal bowl will do it for most people Pammers....but we are all happy for you.

My happy days usually start with the kids say they will be gone for the day.
Haha - What made me think of it as a good thing is that recently someone posted a peeve somewhere here, saying that regardless of how long he heats his coffee mug in the microwave, when the turntable stops the handle is ALWAYS in the back and he has to turn the mug around to reach it. It was his pet peeve. So when my bowl's handle was in the front this morning, I tought about that!

Hey - I'll take any little positive thing I can get to make me appreciate my day.

As far as your kids being gone for the day, Glory, I can see why that would make you smile.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,376,094 times
Nobody did anything stupid on my drive to work. That's right! I didn't have to slam on the brakes or get that scrunchy face from seeing someone refuse to yield or cut anyone off. Good times!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,082,883 times
You know it's gonna be a good day when I find myself singing/dancing or chatting up a storm while waiting for the train/bus during my morning commute ... That doesn't happen too often so I savor it when it does

Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,370,781 times
When u see Pammy has introduced a new Thread. I was just thinking we need more new thread and I wish I were good at it, but yall know I am not all that good at it, but I am a great supporter! Thanks Pammy for keeping it lively U rock!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 AM

24,784 posts, read 28,664,032 times
The feet hitting the floor.......the brain re-boots. Audible coming on line..birds chirping. Eyes starting too open...gyro systems up.. heading for the bathroom. All systems working.. I am alive !!!
Time for another glorious day in Tennessee...

Old 05-22-2012, 12:03 PM

Fantastic posts! I can't rep y'all right now, but . . .

Keep 'em coming!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,495,603 times
I got on the scale this morning and I weighed less than I did yesterday morning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics