Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 11:28 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times

Advertisements

Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately?
Crap stuff.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? T-bones.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? Kitchen cabinet lamps. Me myself & I did it.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Rarely.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? PB&J.

Sunday Sunday, enjoy your day, Monday is just around the corner...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 11:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? If I listened to the radio any RAP would make me turn it off.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? The Beef. Where's the beef.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? Bath remodel hired out.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Yes

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? Grilled Brisket.

Today is:
Lag B' Omer
Lupus Day
Windmill Day

Old 06-09-2012, 11:33 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? Anything by Maria Carey or Shania Twain!

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? I'd go for the pricier non-perishables - cosmetics, shampoo, lotions and potions.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? Smartened up the laundry/bathroom. Plumber fixed the cistern and laundry tub taps, and I did the rest.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Yes - constantly yappy dog next door on one side, occasional noisy barks from big dog on the other side, and loud techno music that shakes the whole street when the schizophrenic guy in No. 16 forgets to take his meds.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? If you've turned up unannounced, you'll probably get pasta with a mushroom based creamy sauce since I usually have the ingredients for that. If I know you're coming, I'll treat you to a good old-fashioned British roast. Pork or beef, because I know you Americans aren't so keen on lamb!

Thanks GG. Bring wine if you're coming for dinner!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Last edited by Kobber; 06-09-2012 at 11:41 PM..

Old 06-10-2012, 12:08 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? If I know you're coming, I'll treat you to a good old-fashioned British roast. Pork or beef, because I know you Americans aren't so keen on lamb!
Not all of us Americans aren't so keen on lamb. Not often but once in a while my dad would doctor up a lamb roast and cook it in the rotisserie. No one ever accused me of saying no to seconds on the lamb.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:20 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Not all of us Americans aren't so keen on lamb. Not often but once in a while my dad would doctor up a lamb roast and cook it in the rotisserie. No one ever accused me of saying no to seconds on the lamb.
Well, you can definitely come to dinner at my place, Mutt, 'cos lamb is my favourite,

Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Well, you can definitely come to dinner at my place, Mutt, 'cos lamb is my favourite,
Note to self...Tell boss I want to be scheduled to work a charter to Australia.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:53 AM

38,900 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? Hard rock or country music

Question #2:
You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? Deli and bakery

Question #3:
What was your last home repair project? Just recently had some old carpeting torn out in the hallway and one of the bedrooms. Did you do it or hire it out? My nephew came over and did it. I paid him by buying him lunch.

Question #4:
Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? My next-door neighbor's grandkids come over every weekend and I can hear them playing in the backyard screaming LOUDLY at the top of their lungs. Then their dad yells at them to be quiet.

I also used to have problems with my neighbor behind me with an incessantly barking dog. Repeated calls to the sheriff's department and animal control have curbed the problem immensely.

Question #5:
What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? You have your choice of Chinese shu mai (dumplings), baked beans or Filipino fast food. Take your pick!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
Good morning all from a dry, and yes at last, sunny England! I've got the washer on!! I'll have a line out within the hour!! Now then, 30 seconds in a grocery store. Well if it was my local ASDA, I would grab a load of chickens for 10 seconds, then more important stuff like Vodka and Bacardi. If any of you were to come here for a meal, Judy would cook a large joint of beef, lots of roast potatoes and veg, yorkshire pudding, and her lovely thick gravy made from the meat juices. This would be followed by trifle. Plus wine of course, to help it all along. Yes, I have had a noisey neighbour. Many years ago when my sons were little. Most English people live in semi-detached houses, so we share a wall with one neighbour. Back in the late 70s I bought my first home. Our neighbours were a young couple like us. They had a habit of going out at night, having a few drinks, then coming home and sometimes putting on their record player - loudly. I tried talking with them about it in a reasonable manner, explaining they were waking my children, plus I was up for work at 4am. Did'nt do any good, so we ended up falling out. One night, my wife's sister had come to visit from Kent. She had been ill, and had come to get away from the family for a bit of peace and quiet (!) The neighbours came home, on went the record player. I jumped out of bed, just in my pants, went next door. He was lying on his couch, his wife in the kitchen. I punched him three times, ripped the record player out the wall, and threw it in the garden, then went home. They sold up and moved!!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:47 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? Meat, because it is expensive to buy.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? I live in an apt. so I don't have to do my own repairs.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Not here, but years before yes.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? Pasta of some kind.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately?

No. I have no idea who sings what these days. I listen to talk radio or music CDs I've burned myself with music that's between 25 - 55 years old. Occasionally on a very long drive, I'll find and listen to a country station.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for?

Over the counter drug aisles (aspirin, cold medicines, eyedrops, nasal sprays, icy hot, vitamins, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, bandaids, etc) since that stuff is easy to grab in a short time and it's more expensive. If I have leftover time I'll head for the meat.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out?

I rent. Maintenance is a phone call away and takes care of it.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors?

yes.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal?

Stop by? Stop by and you expect to eat, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics