Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,155,732 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:

Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately?
~ There's a million and one of them. I'm not going to name one because I don't want to somehow offend any of my friends here.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for?

~ Turkey, chicken, beef, pork and fish!

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out?

~ Replace the air conditioning. I do all home repair myself.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors?

~ Yep. I understand that people gotta live, but some just have no consideration at all.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal?

~ Nobody better try to get near my food! ...

Today is:

Lag B' Omer ~ What a great song! "Lag B' Omer tonight! Lag B' Omerrr to-night!"

Lupus Day ~ How I love hares and rabbits! Precious animals, they are! I like the constellation, too!

Windmill Day
~ Old style windmills are nice to see! Windmills and watermills!

Good job, and thanks for the questions, Garlic Guy! I wish you and all of our true friends here a real nice Sunday, along with HappyWishes and miracles and good, fun yum-stuff to eat -- and plenty of it!

.................................................. ...*** Come on, Karma! ***............................................... ....

Last edited by rainroosty; 06-10-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 05:07 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,635,685 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately?
Yes there are several of them

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for?
Meat, meat and more meat!

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out?
There were a few, repairing siding, a toilet and re-hanging a clothes rack in the closet. I hired it out.

Thankfully not since I've been here, but I did when I lived in apartment complexes...hate them

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal?
Probably spaghetti, I always have everything I need to fix it

Today is:
Lag B' Omer..........
Lupus Day.............
Windmill Day..........

Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,609 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately?
I listen to talk shows like "Wait, Wait....... Don't Tell Me" or XM Radio. Hmm. I guess there aren't any country stations programed in, so country. Specifically twangy country though, because I do like some country.

Wine. I was going to say seafood, but with only 30 seconds....

I have a list right now & will need to hire out.

At home, no. Closest neighbors are a young couple. He is a musician & will sometimes sit out at night practicing. I sit on my porch listening.
I have had problems when vacationing, not necessarily because people are loud. I'm just not used to living in an apartment.

If you showed up today I'd be taking you out. Seriously, I don't think there are even eggs in the fridge.....

After a quick trip to the store and the gas station I'll be sitting on the lawn mower today. I haven't mowed in two weeks because of rain.
Enjoy your day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 06-10-2012 at 05:36 AM..

Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,713,193 times
[quote=GarlicGuy;24676665]Good morning. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? There's several people that come to mind and one of them is Kanye West. JMO

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? Seafood for some shrimp and bakery for some desert................cheesecake of course.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? Hubby took care of a minor plumbing repair.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Yes, a few years ago.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? Could be chili,pasta or chinese take-out.

Today is:
Lag B' Omer
Lupus Day
Windmill Day

Have a nice day everybody.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:28 AM

27,376 posts, read 27,423,838 times
Well there are many, since I listen to many different types of music, not just one.
30 seconds to fill my buggy in a store? Cookies and ice cream sections!
No real home repair project here, just mowing the lawn.
I dont mind noisy neighbours, when you live in an apt complex its a given, but the ones that bother me are the ones who fight and argue at 2am, I was always worried it could (and sometimes has, back when I lived in Phx) get violent enough to hear breaking glass and doors being kicked in. Thankfully though, it wasnt mine, just the neighbours next door or across the quad.
Happy Sunday everyone!!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,476,890 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? Anything by Anna Maria Jopek.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? [b]Milk, coffee, protein shake, seasonal fruit and vegetables, rice, onions, curry, turmeric, cinnamon.[/quote]

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? We’re doing all kinds of repair at my school. Does that count?

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Not really, because I don’t really care if they’re noisy.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? Seaweed chips.

Today is:
Lag B' Omer
Lupus Day
Windmill Day

I went to Capital Pride yesterday and it was awesome!

Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,283,378 times
Today's Question: Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? Most anything that's country.

Question #2: You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? Pork probably since we have our own beef.

Question #3: What was your last home repair project? Did you do it or hire it out? Just last week we installed a new over the range microwave......hubby and I did it. Our old one quit working.

Question #4: Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? That's life in a small rural area......they know more about our business than we do or at least they think they do.

Question #5: What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal? Steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy and a vegetable or salad of some sort and rolls. Maybe some 4 layer desert or homemade oatmeal cake for desert.

Today is:
Lag B' Omer
Lupus Day
Windmill Day

Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,272,920 times
......we would get into my car and 'go to' get some fast food.....

Old 06-10-2012, 06:24 AM

11,387 posts, read 9,306,180 times
Good morning all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good morning. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I do not listen to the radio much but when I do it's classic rock. I'll turn it off when they play any hair metal bands or Van Halen. There are several other so-called artists I will turn off as well.

Quote:
I would head for the non-food isle - laundry detergent, trash bags, etc.

I shop at several different stores for food and I buy fresh. Sometimes I buy frozen but not too often. I would want some things that will last a long time. I could grab a lot in 30 seconds.

Quote:
I mentioned yesterday that I fixed the blinds so they will stay up. So far so good.

Quote:
Minor stuff. No major problems. New housemate just moved in so we'll see. I live alone in a lower-level apartment in a large townhouse.

The couple that just moved out was somewhat noisy when they were in the kitchen but I don't think they realized it. They were nice and the few times I ever said anything was late at night.

Quote:
I would have to know what you like to eat. I lean vegetarian but I can be somewhat flexible as long as it wasn't red meat. I do like to cook. We would likely be having fresh steamed vegetables and sauteed portabella mushrooms (which you would be welcome to pass on), unless I made vegetarian chili. If I made that you would be pleased to know that I add extra garlic.

Hope everyone has a terrific Sunday!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,426,608 times
Happy Sunday!!!

Is there a particular song or singer that you hear which makes you turn the radio station immediately? There are a few.....opera, old "cry in your beer country", rap and heavy metal. I like to sing along and dance to my music

You have 30 seconds in your grocery store to fill up your cart for free. What items do you head for? Meat. Now that I am thinking about it and saw John post it, paper goods like toilet paper, trash bags and laundry detergent would be better. Or coffee

What was your last home repair project? Adding 12 more solar panels to our current system.

Did you do it or hire it out? Hubby is working on it right now.

Have you ever had a problem with noisy neighbors? Dumb neighbors..yes but no noisy neighbors.

What is your "go-to" food if I were to stop by your home for a meal?
I don't really have a "go to" food. I always have homemade frozen meals in the freezer, breakfast foods, and pastas. Whatever I can come up with. Yesterday I had surprise guests when I got home....all waiting for breakfast. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, white toast, whole wheat toast...peach butter, pumpkin butter, chocolate milk and oj.

Today is:

Windmill Day We have two of those

Have a wonderful day!!!

Last edited by ylisa7; 06-10-2012 at 07:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics