Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:13 AM

8,878 posts, read 13,970,208 times

Advertisements

Good Monday morning to all!

Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness?
I had to make a decision on behalf of one of my acct's at work. It actually helped resolve their issue and they wound up thanking me for doing it on their behalf. I just feel funny when I have to do that.

When was the last time you forgave someone else?
Very recently on a family matter.

Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself?
I'd rather ask for forgiveness. People that know me know I am a good person and wouldn't do things maliciously.

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?
The Lake.

How often have you visited it?
Frequently

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?
Leather (brown)

If you don’t have a sofa, what color is the upholstered furniture in your living room?

Do you like that color?
Yeah, it's fine.

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have?

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose?
To design residential landscapes.

What will you create with that talent once you have it?
I'd create affordable landscapes for homeowners that want to spruce up their place, but don't know how.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day
National Sugar Cookie Day
Intern Appreciation Day
Recreation Day
International Town Criers Day

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:22 AM

11,428 posts, read 9,359,824 times
Good morning all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to our daily conversation! I hope your weekend was a good one, and that you didn’t suffer too much from the weather extremes that have been bedeviling the country of late. South-central Wisconsin cooled down from the mid 100s to “only” the 90s, and it felt downright pleasant. Still no rain, though, and the land is thirsty indeed. This is a rough year to be a farmer, I fear.

But enough of climate catastrophes – we’re here to discuss:

Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness?

I cannot think of a single thing. I'm a big time loner but I'd rather not be. I'm a good person and treat others well.

Extra Credit Question:

Quote:
If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?
It's all city here. There is not much to see. But I know of a lot of concert venues in the Washington, DC - Baltimore area that I like to frequent. There is lots to go out and do and see, just not in my community.

If I had to pick one I'd say Brusters ice cream parlor but you may not like ice cream.

Quote:
Yesterday, that is probably why I thought of it.

Bonus Question:

Quote:
What color is your sofa?

If you don’t have a sofa, what color is the upholstered furniture in your living room?

Do you like that color?

Since I never have anyone over I do not have a sofa. I have one chair in the living room which is brown. My office chair is also brown. That's it.
Brown is my favorite color so I'll stick with that.

Just for Fun:

Quote:
Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose?
Thanks, Anastasia!

Teach me to play either electric guitar or keyboards. I love music!!!

I also wish I could sing better.

Quote:
Music, of course!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM

37,834 posts, read 41,181,592 times
Today’s Question(s):

too personal

too personal

neither

Extra Credit Question:

I don't know what you like. Our lake. Our science museum.

The lake, at least once a week. The science museum about 3 x.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?

light Brown

Do you like that color?

No. Don't like the sofa either.

Dark brown.

Just for Fun:

drawing

Drawing from my photos...oh wait, I have software that does that. I don't need no stinkin' talent

Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,620,674 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question(s):

Wow! What tough questions. In the time I have, I'll do my best...
Probably something I said.

I don't keep a score sheet, so I can't remember. I choose my battles and let go of what I don't want to carry. That doesn't mean I won't remember it the next time "you" start looking like you're trying to poke me.

I can ask for forgiveness. But I keep in mind that forgiveness is not an obligation. Whether I forgive others or not depends on what our history looks like. If you have a history of treating me disrespectfully, I'm much less likely to forgive you. I may still be polite to you in public, but that doens't mean I have any interest in your presence.

Extra Credit Question:

We have a few interesting things. Pick one? We have a Viet Nam Memorial wall with the names of, I believe, local men who died in that war. I have seen some names from my family, and boys my sisters went to school with on that memorial.

Two or three times in eight years.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?
What color is my dog?!?! Kind of brown and gold.

I also have a slate blue recliner. Hey, it was free!

Do you like that color?
I like the colors of all my furniture just fine.

Can't say that it would matter all that much, as long as it wasn't completely garish.

Just for Fun:

Definitely the ability to draw something purely from my imagination. I can draw anything in front of me, but creating something imaginary, something I cannot "see," completely escapes me.

Probably some kind of fantasy/geek art. The kind that would sell at Gen Con, Comic-Con, one of those of gamer's conventions.

Today In History:

1776 – George Washington orders the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to the members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time
1811 – Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers (in modern-day Washington State), claiming the land for the United Kingdom
1850 – U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore succeeds him to become the 13th President of the United States
1868 – The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution, guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law, is ratified
1877 – The inaugural Wimbledon Championship opens
1893 – Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, the first African-American cardiac surgeon, performs the world’s first successful open-heart surgery
1918 – In Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express train, killing 101 and injuring 171, the deadliest rail accident in United States history
1922 – Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100-meter freestyle in 58.6 seconds, setting a world record and breaking the “one-minute barrier” for the first time
1956 – Dick Clark is named host of American Bandstand
1958 – Lituya Bay in Alaska is hit by a mega-tsunami, a wave over 1,700 feet high (300 feet taller than the Empire State Building!)

Today’s Word:

Durance\dyūr əns\ noun
1. Endurance.
2. Imprisonment or confinement, especially a long one.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day I sure do appreciate it more lately.
National Sugar Cookie Day Yumm...
Intern Appreciation Day
Recreation Day
International Town Criers Day Will have one of those at an upcoming camping festival.

Thanx for the Qs MwBW.
Have a great Monday everyone!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,159,450 times
Good Monday morning

Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? I'm not sure, but I'm sure there was something!

When was the last time you forgave someone else? A few days ago.

Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself? I have no problem with either.

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?There are three little touristy towns and one big town about 20 miles away from Funky Town. They have lot's to do & see.

Not too often, lately. I go in to the outskirts of the big town to bank, go to Dr. appointments & shop occasionally.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?Tomato soup red.

I have the coolest upholstered recliner to go with my sofa, it;s light brown back round with green, yellow, and red leaves.

Do you like that color?I do, but need to repaint the walls so need to stay in the same color range.

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have? I've had it for 7 years, and am ready to change up now.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose? I too would like a vivid imagination, and talent to paint or draw the most beautiful and real to life paintings.

Portraits, fun and happy scenes.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day ~
National Sugar Cookie Day ~ with butter cream frosting, please.
Intern Appreciation Day ~
Recreation Day ~

Have a great Monday everyone. Thanks for the Q's MWBW!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,412,685 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? Please forgive me 'cause I don't remember.

When was the last time you forgave someone else? Yesterday. Honestly, it was something I have been carrying around for years and I just dumped it yesterday by forgiving the person.

Unfortunately it is easier for me to ask for forgiveness. I need to work on this.

Extra Credit Question:

How often have you visited it? Dealey Plaza. Cowboy Stadium. South Fork

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? It's multicolored

Do you like that color? No

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have? Sage green

Just for Fun:

Drawing

What will you create with that talent once you have it? I have no idea.

Today In History:

1776 – George Washington orders the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to the members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time
1811 – Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers (in modern-day Washington State), claiming the land for the United Kingdom LOL
1850 – U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore succeeds him to become the 13th President of the United States
1868 – The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution, guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law, is ratified
1877 – The inaugural Wimbledon Championship opens and Teddy Tindley was there.
1893 – Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, the first African-American cardiac surgeon, performs the world’s first successful open-heart surgery
1918 – In Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express train, killing 101 and injuring 171, the deadliest rail accident in United States history
1922 – Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100-meter freestyle in 58.6 seconds, setting a world record and breaking the “one-minute barrier” for the first time
1956 – Dick Clark is named host of American Bandstand
1958 – Lituya Bay in Alaska is hit by a mega-tsunami, a wave over 1,700 feet high (300 feet taller than the Empire State Building!)

Today’s Word:

Durance\dyūr əns\ noun
1. Endurance.
2. Imprisonment or confinement, especially a long one.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day
Intern Appreciation Day
Recreation Day

Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,470,916 times
Good morning all from this green and pleasant land! A lot of questions today, thank you Miz Bookworm. Now then, the last thing I needed forgiveness for, hmm. I guess years ago at a funeral, my ex wife was there. It was a mutual friend who had died. I hadn't seen her for a few years, there was still some bad feeling over events after we split up. I was having back problems, she offered to give me a ride home. During the journey, we had a row. On arriving at my home, anger still simmering between us, she threw me completely with "did you ever really love me David?" My anger just went, and I realised the depth of her hurt. I told her "yes, I did, and I'm sorry I hurt you so bad." The last time I forgave someone else, was my Mother on her deathbed. If any of you visited me, I would take you over to Blackpool to see the tower, and we'd eat fish and chips! The colour of my sofa is sorta beige, with a pale flowery pattern in the material. Two matching chairs the same. Have a nice day everyone.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM

44,723 posts, read 61,957,622 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? Well, I uh....

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there? Grand Canyon.

How often have you visited it? 5 times, it's beautiful.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? Golden tan.

If you don’t have a sofa, what color is the upholstered furniture in your living room? Chairs are cranberry.

Do you like that color? Yes.

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have? Nada.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose? Engraver

What will you create with that talent once you have it? Lot's of green stuff.

Today’s Word:

Durance\dyūr əns\ noun
1. Endurance.
2. Imprisonment or confinement, especially a long one. Sorta ike being married.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day for sure.
Intern Appreciation Day
Procreation Day
International Town Criers Day. Hello, hello...hellooooooooooooooo

Monday, let's start all over again, oh well, enjoy it anyway...

Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,693,348 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;25083503]Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to our daily conversation! I hope your weekend was a good one, and that you didn’t suffer too much from the weather extremes that have been bedeviling the country of late. South-central Wisconsin cooled down from the mid 100s to “only” the 90s, and it felt downright pleasant. Still no rain, though, and the land is thirsty indeed. This is a rough year to be a farmer, I fear.

But enough of climate catastrophes – we’re here to discuss:

Today’s Question(s):

Extra Credit Question:

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? Light brown leather.

Do you like that color? Yes.

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have? I'd like to get matching brown leather chairs accented with brick colored paisley upholstery.

Have a great week.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,944,162 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? - The last time I heard the term "Forgiveness" was yesterday.. a woman told me that she will Forgive.. in her words.. "For I will Give you a swift kick in the butt!"... - Just kidding. I have been forgiven by the our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics