Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM

44,432 posts, read 20,200,157 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? Oh, shucks. I need forgiveness every day. Perhaps more for sins of omission than anything else.
When was the last time you forgave someone else? At the moment, I can't think of a specific thing, because there are so many. I'm a very forgiving person, and when someone slights me or hurts me, I find it easy to forgive. People often don't realize that something they've said or done may have hurt someone else. But I am also quick to forgive those in my past who have hurt me intentionally as well.
Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself? Definitely easier to forgive others. This isn't quite the same as asking others for forgiveness, but when I screw up, I beat myself up over it relentlessly. I've never been good at forgiving myself.

Extra Credit Question:
If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there? Indiana Dunes State Park! [See photos in an album on my profile page.) Beautiful scenery, great campground, great hiking trails, and sand dunes out the wazoo!
How often have you visited it? Countless times.

Bonus Question:
What color is your sofa? I have two. One is a very dark blue with some mauve flowers on it. The other is earthy colors of rust, brown, tan and beige in a geometric pattern.
Do you like that color? Yep, I'm happy with the colors.

Just for Fun:
Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose? Drawing. I can't draw worth a darn.
What will you create with that talent once you have it? Portraits.

Today’s Word:
Durance\dyūr əns\ noun
1. Endurance.
2. Imprisonment or confinement, especially a long one. I'm glad I've never had to endure durance.

Today Is:
Air Conditioning Appreciation Day Oh, yeah.
National Sugar Cookie Day I made some sugar cookies yesterday afternoon to take to a potluck picnic this evening.
Intern Appreciation Day Uh-oh. Don't let Bill Clinton see this.
Recreation Day Yay! I will recreate this evening at the picnic. It's with the folks from my church choir.
International Town Criers Day Hear ye! Year ye!

Happy Monday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-09-2012 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM

39,130 posts, read 23,119,490 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness?
A misunderstanding due to miscommunication.

When was the last time you forgave someone else?
Long time ago. I can't remember the exact time frame.

Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself?

Easier to forgive others.

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?

In my community, be sure to see this attraction: Aquarium of the Pacific

How often have you visited it?

A couple of times.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?

Dark brown.

Do you like that color?
Yes.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose?

The ability to do 3-Dimensional sidewalk chalk art just like Julian Beever.

What will you create with that talent once you have it?
Amazingly real-looking works of sidewalk chalk art.

Happy start of a new week!

Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM

412 posts, read 682,411 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? The poor choices I made at the bar Friday night

When was the last time you forgave someone else? A few weeks ago, even though they don't realize what they had done.

Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself? Equally as difficult.

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there? We're in the heart of Michigan wine country. With two of the state's oldest wineries right here in town, it's a fun afternoon to do tours and tastings. I know PJSinger has been here and seen them.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? Brown

If you don’t have a sofa, what color is the upholstered furniture in your living room?

Do you like that color? Yes, I picked it out myself.

If not, what color upholstery would you rather have?

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose? Creative writing

What will you create with that talent once you have it? I would write a story based on the "secrets of a small town" and all the things I've been told/overheard while owning a coffee shop....

Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 AM

24,624 posts, read 26,189,993 times
Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission.

What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness?
I didn't water a plant in the yard enough and it died.

Probably last week.

It's pretty easy to say "I'm sorry."

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?
The Fender Guitar Museum.

I haven't, been waiting for a excuse to go.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?
It's various colors in a SW pattern.

If you don’t have a sofa, what color is the upholstered furniture in your living room?
There is a love seat and chair in the same pattern and a tan recliner.

Do you like that color?
I have too.

It's not for me to say, gotta ask The Super Chief.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have.

What artistic talent will you choose?
How to use my photo program better.

Better photos.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,858,236 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;25083503]Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to our daily conversation! I hope your weekend was a good one, and that you didn’t suffer too much from the weather extremes that have been bedeviling the country of late. South-central Wisconsin cooled down from the mid 100s to “only” the 90s, and it felt downright pleasant. Still no rain, though, and the land is thirsty indeed. This is a rough year to be a farmer, I fear.

But enough of climate catastrophes – we’re here to discuss:

Today’s Question(s):

It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness? ......Probably from the shorties. They begged me to come out on our days off but we had a lot going on. I think they forget that I'm an adult with responsibilities. The inner child argues otherwise.

When was the last time you forgave someone else?......My friend Laurie and I were laughing about that on the 4th of July. We had a tiff at work once upon a time and she said "Don't be mad at me." I said OK. We still can't remember what it was about. She has this crush on my husband Nah

Do you find it easier to forgive others or to ask for forgiveness for yourself?.....Probably myself.

Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there?.......That would have to be our Zoo.

How often have you visited it?......A couple of times a year, especially on New Years Eve.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?.....It's a distressed leather look microfiber.

Do you like that color?....Yes, it looks antique.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose?

What will you create with that talent once you have it? .......To be a psychic medium able to predict winning lottery numbers. It would be as much fun giving the money away.

Today In History:

1776 – George Washington orders the Declaration of Independence to be read out loud to the members of the Continental Army in New York City for the first time
1811 – Explorer David Thompson posts a sign at the confluence of the Columbia and Snake Rivers (in modern-day Washington State), claiming the land for the United Kingdom
1850 – U.S. President Zachary Taylor dies and Millard Fillmore succeeds him to become the 13th President of the United States
1868 – The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution, guaranteeing African Americans full citizenship and all persons in the United States due process of law, is ratified
1877 – The inaugural Wimbledon Championship opens
1893 – Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, the first African-American cardiac surgeon, performs the world’s first successful open-heart surgery
1918 – In Nashville, Tennessee, an inbound local train collides with an outbound express train, killing 101 and injuring 171, the deadliest rail accident in United States history
1922 – Johnny Weissmuller swims the 100-meter freestyle in 58.6 seconds, setting a world record and breaking the “one-minute barrier” for the first time
1956 – Dick Clark is named host of American Bandstand
1958 – Lituya Bay in Alaska is hit by a mega-tsunami, a wave over 1,700 feet high (300 feet taller than the Empire State Building!)

Today’s Word:

Durance\dyūr əns\ noun
1. Endurance.
2. Imprisonment or confinement, especially a long one.

Today Is:

Air Conditioning Appreciation Day
National Sugar Cookie Day
Intern Appreciation Day
Recreation Day
International Town Criers Day

Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,256,931 times
It is said that getting forgiveness is often easier than getting permission. What was the last thing for which you needed forgiveness?
Being late.

Earlier this week, for biting me.

Wait, that didn't come out right. I'm talking about my pet.

I find forgiving others to be easier, mainly because I've learned that forgiving does not also mean "allowing you to do that to me again." Once you have boundaries in place, it's easy.

Extra Credit Question:

The beaches.

Not very. Hypocritical, I know, but I don't like sitting in the sun sweating and baking.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?
Dark blue.

Do you like that color?
Yes. It's very soothing.

Just for Fun:

Painting. It just seems so liberating--precision blended with movement, color, and interpretation.

A big painting of a park scene in my favorite city, in the Impressionist style.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,945,391 times
Extra Credit Question:

If I visited your community on vacation, what one sight should I make certain to see while I’m there? - July in Phoenix, bring plenty of suntan lotion, and make sure your vehicle's A/C works.. Oh... a lot of places, like Saguaro Lake, the Superstition Mountains, the City of Scottsdale's downtown area, where you have remnants of the old west, and if you feel like driving for 2 or 3 hours, the City of Flagstaff, and the Grand Canyon, no A/C is required..

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? - Let's see.. it's coffee colored.. from coffee I spilled on it a few times.. - Actually, it's not a solid color, both the sofa and the love seat have a southwestern look.

Just for Fun:

Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have. What artistic talent will you choose? - I thought the Art Fairy's name is.. Art...

Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 AM

72,505 posts, read 18,242,486 times
Today’s Question(s):

Hm.... probably a few things I can't remember of

Just this morning,I was driving and someone cut me off! I now think I should forgive her,if she does this often,she may be in a crash or something!

That's a profound question!

Extra Credit Question:

Well,this is called the San Gabriel Valley. Lots of Asian food and shopping

Live in that area

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa?

Light beige

Light purple or blue

Do you like that color?

Love it!

Maybe yellow?

Just for Fun:

Singing

Sing at the Opera House!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM
bjh

60,366 posts, read 30,569,793 times
Today’s Question(s):
Some food for thought.

Extra Credit Question:
In a place full of tourist destinations there are one or two that stand out.
A few years ago we hit most of the tourist spots when exploring the city.

Bonus Question:
What color is your sofa?
Blue
Do you like that color?
Fine by me.

Just for Fun:
Anastasia the Art Fairy is stopping by with a special gift for each of you! She will give everyone one artistic talent that they don’t currently have.
What artistic talent will you choose?
Painting, canvas not walls.
The next impressionism era.

Today Is:
Air Conditioning Appreciation Day Hooray!
Will this be some of us in 6 months?

Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,063,958 times
Today’s Question(s):

I lost my temper and said something I shouldn't have.

A few days ago.

Forgive others. I really try to forgive others as often as I can. God forgives me all the time so I try to extend that same mercy and forgiveness to others. It's not always easy to do but it really makes a difference! I've been a much happier person since I decided to live that way on a daily basis.

Extra Credit Question:

There's not much to see here in Abilene!...lol. I guess I would recommend the Frontier Texas Museum. It's about the history of this area.

Bonus Question:

What color is your sofa? It's a southwestern pattern of colors, mostly blue, beige, and green.

Do you like that color? I like it. Since it has three colors, it matches just about any other furniture you put in the room.

Just for Fun:

Singing. I can't sing very well and I've always envied people that can sing well.

I guess I would sing some of my favorite songs, or maybe write some songs. I can play the trumpet so I have some musical talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics