Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,141,356 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Really running late,internal clock has still not adjusted to the time change add that to today is "school day" and we have a really rushed

Today's Question(s):

Tomorrow is St Patricks Day

Do you have any special plans ?

Will you wear something green ?

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ?

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ?

Which subject "not so much" ?

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ?

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ?

Today in History:
1802 - U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York, founded
1871 - The state of Delaware, the first state to enter the union, enacted the first fertilizer law.
1912 - Mrs. William Howard Taft plants 1st cherry tree in Washington D.C
1915 - The Federal Trade Commission began operation. The U.S. government appointed five commissioners to receive $10,000 each year to regulate commerce and prohibit unlawful trade.
1963 - Peter, Paul and Mary released the single, "Puff The Magic Dragon". Through the years, controversy continually surrounded the song. It was banned by several radio stations whose management figured that the song was about the elicit joys of smoking marijuana. The group denied this startling assumption. “It’s about a magic dragon named Puff,” they said
1987 - "Bostonia" magazine printed an English translation of Albert Einstein’s last high school report card. The brain behind the theory of relativity did relatively well with an ‘A’ in math, but a ‘D’ in French.

Word of the Day:
archetype \AHR-kih-type\ noun
1. the original pattern or model of which all things of the same type are representations or copies : prototype; also : a perfect example

Today is:
National Artichoke Hearts Day
National Pasta Day
Everything You Do Is Right Day
National Quilt Day
Lips Appreciation Day

Last edited by Crew Chief; 03-16-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,450,724 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ? Can't say that we do.

Will you wear something green ? Probably not.

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ? Definately NOT!

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ?Science

Which subject "not so much" ? Geography

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? Just ask my hubby! He would probably say, "I never stop".

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ?Whooo Hooo...It's here!

Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,826 times
Good Morning Everyone! I was very late yesterday so to make up for it, I am very early today!

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ? None other than getting to wear jeans with our green tomorrow to work - and I think lunch is provided (Now I have to check and make sure it isn't potluck where I need to bring something!)

Will you wear something green ? Yup Yup (as my DS says)

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ? Nope

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ? Algebra

Which subject "not so much" ? History

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? no idea

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ? since they are talking snow on Friday again -- not for a while

Today is:
National Artichoke Hearts Day
National Pasta Day LOVE pasta!
Everything You Do Is Right Day If only!!!!!!!
National Quilt Day
Lips Appreciation Day

Have a Nice Day!

Last edited by hdinia; 03-16-2010 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,343,026 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans?

Not particularly. At my age, partying is something I rarely if ever engage in, and certainly not on a weeknight.

Will you wear something green?

If I do, it would be in a piece of jewelry rather than in clothing. My complexion is pale enough that my face tends to pick up the color of whatever I am wearing, and as a result, when I wear green, I look as though I am in the end stages of liver failure. Hence, I do not own any green clothing.

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage?

Oh, yes, that's one of our favorites anyway, although it is not Irish. Corned beef is not in the least bit Irish: if we were going to have an authentic Irish meal, we'd be fixing lamb stew and soda bread.

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in?

I am sure it will come as a surprise to most folks, but I always did fairly well in any English course, particularly those that required students to read a lot.

Which subject "not so much"?

That would be pretty much any science subject - I hated 'em all. So naturally, I grew up and married a science teacher.... Eh, go figure.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something?

That happens regularly, or at least according to those who know me best. Most recently, I have been pestering folks on the all-volunteer committee that plans and puts on the huge annual convention about submitting articles for the next electronic newsletter to our membership. Articles are due by midnight this Thursday, and it seems as though most of them come in around 11:30 Thursday evening.

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather?

Well, it's supposed to get up over 60 degrees here on Thursday, which will doubtless have all the college kids out there in their shorts and t-shirts, but it'll likely be June before it gets warm enough to convince me to show my fat white legs in a pair of shorts.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:56 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,710,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Really running late,internal clock has still not adjusted to the time change add that to today is "school day" and we have a really rushed

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ? No

Will you wear something green ? Maybe

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ?No

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ? History

Which subject "not so much" ? Math

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? Can't remember but hubby might.LOL!!

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ? I don't usually wear shorts.

Today in History:
1802 - U.S. Academy at West Point founded
1871 - The state of Delaware, the first state to enter the union, enacted the first fertilizer law.
1912 - Mrs. William Howard Taft plants 1st cherry tree in Washington D.C
1915 - The Federal Trade Commission began operation. The U.S. government appointed five commissioners to receive $10,000 each year to regulate commerce and prohibit unlawful trade.
1963 - Peter, Paul and Mary released the single, "Puff The Magic Dragon". Through the years, controversy continually surrounded the song. It was banned by several radio stations whose management figured that the song was about the elicit joys of smoking marijuana. The group denied this startling assumption. ?It?s about a magic dragon named Puff,? they said
1987 - "Bostonia" magazine printed an English translation of Albert Einstein?s last high school report card. The brain behind the theory of relativity did relatively well with an ?A? in math, but a ?D? in French.

Word of the Day:
archetype \AHR-kih-type\ noun
1. the original pattern or model of which all things of the same type are representations or copies : prototype; also : a perfect example

Today is:
National Artichoke Hearts Day - Love them!
National Pasta Day - Sounds good to me.
Everything You Do Is Right Day - If you say so.
National Quilt Day
Lips Appreciation Day
Have a great day everyone.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,636,266 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ? Not for tomorrow. My friends and I usually go somewhere and start drinking at 9 am. This year, we are meeting up on the weekend instead of the actual day.

Will you wear something green ? Probably wear a green T-shirt

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ? If I can find it where I am going.

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ? Computer class

Which subject "not so much" ? Algebra

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? My wife would probably tell you yesterday.

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ? We have it in Charlotte already. I wore my shorts and sandals to Five Guys a few days ago.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,199,877 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ? No, things will be status quo

Will you wear something green ? No

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ? No

Bonus Question

When you were in school (What level?).

What subject did you do get the best grade in ? I made straight A's

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? I never define my intentions that way. I just give gently encouragement

Just for Fun:

How long till you will be experiencing "shorts & T-shirt " weather ? Next month, probably.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:59 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,187,843 times
Hey I want to pay some green to reserve this spot and come back later tonight to post.
On a side note I'm in shorts now.......

Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 AM

607 posts, read 1,335,057 times
Good morning everyone!

Do you have any special plans ? No.

Will you wear something green ? If I can find something, I will.

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ? No, but I will eat it if someone offers!

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ? Gym

Which subject "not so much" ? Chemistry

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ? I don't need to be a pest- I do what I want.

Just for Fun:

I'll be in Florida in a couple of weeks. It won't be til May probably here at home.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,929,092 times
WooHoo! I'm getting into the QOTD a little earlier than normal today!

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans ?
Nothing special, especially with the day falling on Wednesday.

Will you wear something green ?
Heck yeah!

Any of our QOTD family planing on making or eating Corn Beef & Cabbage ?
Not for me. I like the corned beef. You can keep the cabbage.

Bonus Question

When you were in school

What subject did you do get the best grade in ?
Business and marketing courses.

Which subject "not so much" ?
I didn't do too well in Art or Western Civilization. (boring...)

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

When was the last time you were a "pest" about something ?
Negotiating with DW to let me go to a race this past weekend with some buddies.

Just for Fun:

We're on the verge now for daytime use.

Today in History:
1802 - U.S. Academy at West Point founded That is a COOL place to visit if you have the chance.
1912 - Mrs. William Howard Taft plants 1st cherry tree in Washington D.C Love the cherry blossoms in the spring time in DC!
1963 - Peter, Paul and Mary released the single, "Puff The Magic Dragon". Through the years, controversy continually surrounded the song. It was banned by several radio stations whose management figured that the song was about the elicit joys of smoking marijuana. The group denied this startling assumption. “It’s about a magic dragon named Puff,” they said. Hmmm, what is this marijuana I seem to hear so much about these days???

Today is:
National Artichoke Hearts Day It may've choked Artie, but it ain't gonna' choke Stymie!
National Pasta Day Mmm...pasta!
Everything You Do Is Right Day A good day for my performance review at work!
Lips Appreciation Day Maybe I'll watch my Rocky Horror DVD tonight!

Enjoy your day everyone!!!

Last edited by Stripes17; 03-16-2010 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: abc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics