Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,718,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, January 15th, 2013. Much cooler around here the last couple of days which is a nice change from the extremely high temps of last week. On Thursday I’m off on a ten-day road trip in Tasmania with my best guy pal, so Pam (PJSinger) is subbing for me for next Tuesday’s QOTD. Thanks Pam!

Today’s Question:

(a) Describe the view outside your living room window. Directly across the street is a house that is half-completed and has been this way for as long as we have lived here. It sticks out like a sore thumb and some of the neighbors have complained to the town but nothing has been done about it.

(b) Which of the following views would you most LIKE to have outside your living room window:
Streetscape with lots of people to watch
The view from a penthouse in a world famous city
Mountains
Ocean
Busy river/harbour/lake, with lots of boats coming and going
Quiet, peaceful river/lake
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Exactly the view I already have
Other:

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? Cheesecake!

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you? A corvette,Oldsmobile 442 or maybe a 57 chevy.

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice? OJ

Today in History:

1961 Supremes signed with Motown Records
1973 4 Watergate burglars plead guilty in federal court
1974 "Happy Days" begins an 11 year run on ABC - Aaah!
1976 Sara Jane Moore sentenced to life for attempting to shoot President Ford
1990 42 year old George Foreman KOs George Cooney in 2 rounds (I read that as George Clooney!)
2009 U.S. Airways plane ditches in the Hudson River - all 155 passengers survive
2011 Australia's enormous flood effects 13,000 properties in rural Victoria

Today’s Word:

Vertex \ VUR-teks \ , noun;
1. The highest point of something; apex; summit; top: the vertex of a mountain .
2. Anatomy, Zoology . The crown or top of the head.
3. Craniometry . The highest point on the midsagittal plane of the skull or head viewed from the left side when the skull or head is in the Frankfurt horizontal.
4. Astronomy . A point in the celestial sphere toward which or from which the common motion of a group of stars is directed.
5. Geometry . A. The point farthest from the base: the vertex of a cone or of a pyramid. B. A point in a geometrical solid common to three or more sides. C. The intersection of two sides of a plane figure.

Today Is:

National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day
Humanitarian Day
National Hat Day
National Strawberry Ice Cream Day

Have a nice day everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,902,071 times
Today’s Question:

(a) Describe the view outside your living room window. - It's still dark outside right now.. - A few trees in my backyard.

(b) Which of the following views would you most LIKE to have outside your living room window:
Mountains - <--------<<
Ocean - <--------<< A quiet beach..
Quiet, peaceful river/lake - A quiet beach front.
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Exactly the view I already have - <--------<<
Other:

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? - A handful of peanuts, no sugars/sweeteners of any kind.

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you? - A convertible new Ford Mustang GT/Shelby Cobra... Can she also take care of the higher insurance rates?

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice? - Orange juice (a small glass and unsweetened)

Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,448,384 times
Good afternoon all from a sunny, but cold England.

Now then, the view from my living room window..... Well in my front garden is a willow tree, in front of it is a bird table. I live in a small cul-de-sac of 8 homes, so I am looking at them. The view I would like would be the sea.

My favourite candy is Cadbury's chocolate. The car I would like to own would be a Bentley... or a Cadillac!!

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,285,361 times
Today’s Question:

(a) Describe the view outside your living room window. A large pond that often is home to various wildlife and lots of grass. At a distance I can see cattle grazing.

Mountains
Ocean My dream view.
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Exactly the view I already have This one will do until I can have my ocean view.
Other:

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you? I love the vehicle I have now but I wouldn't mind if Aggie would bring me back my 1987 IROC which was in mint condition when I sold it. That car had a 350 motor in it and it could move on down the road. I love to drive fast.

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice? Orange juice please.

Today in History:

1974 "Happy Days" begins an 11 year run on ABC
1990 42 year old George Foreman KOs George Cooney in 2 rounds (I read that as George Clooney!)
2009 U.S. Airways plane ditches in the Hudson River - all 155 passengers survive

Today’s Word:

1. The highest point of something; apex; summit; top: the vertex of a mountain .
3. Craniometry . The highest point on the midsagittal plane of the skull or head viewed from the left side when the skull or head is in the Frankfurt horizontal.
4. Astronomy . A point in the celestial sphere toward which or from which the common motion of a group of stars is directed.
5. Geometry . A. The point farthest from the base: the vertex of a cone or of a pyramid. B. A point in a geometrical solid common to three or more sides. C. The intersection of two sides of a plane figure.

Today Is:

Humanitarian Day
National Hat Day

Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 AM

27,389 posts, read 27,435,383 times
Outside our window....snow capped trees, well, most of it is melted, the road, the house a cross the street.
Im happy with the view but fields and trees, lots of green is nice too.
My favourite snack, anything!
My dream car..or truck, would be a 1978 Blazer with the 350, 5 speed stick, 4x4 and a sturdy trailer hitch for the 4-wheelers~
Im not real big on juice but if I had to pick one, it would be cranberry.
Happy Tuesday!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 AM

37,806 posts, read 41,094,709 times
Today’s Question:

(a) Describe the view outside your living room window.

I'm not on the ground floor. There are two pine trees outside my window. To the right is a manmade pond with a bench on a walkway around the pond and behind some more larger pine trees is an office building.

Mountains and fields and trees

The fields and trees would be in front of the mountains.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat?

Chocolate ice cream

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you?

A Jeep Wrangler however she would also have to bring me a better left leg so I could get into and out of it easily so it's not in the cards for me. No driver.

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice?

Pineapple

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,566,165 times
Today’s Question:

(a) Describe the view outside your living room window. Surrounded by big, red brick houses on all sides. On a hill, just before the cul-de-sac. I live in a subdivision of at least 500 homes, so you'll never find me!

My view in Minneapolis was much better. The new 35W bridge (the old one collapsed ) and the river out one window and downtown out the other. Quite a panorama.

Mountains
Ocean
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Other:

View of a world famous city. It doesn't have to be a penthouse, just on a high enough floor where I can see everything.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? Sunflower seeds.

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you? A 2013 Nissan GT-R.

Just for fun:

I'm a traditionalist; orange juice.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,366,927 times
Today’s Question:

The yard and trees and shrubs are covered in ice. It's freezing and cars are creeping by. They are calling this "thunder sleet." It's very odd.

Mountains
Ocean
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Other:

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? Chex mix.

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you? A pickup truck. I like to haul stuff.

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice? Tomato juice.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Humanitarian Day
National Hat Day

Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,778,596 times
(a) Describe the view outside your living room window. Typical suburban street

Mountains
Ocean
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Other: I had to combine a few to get what I want. If there's a way to add an ocean view I'll take it.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat? Chocolate, usually in the form of a Snickers bar

Bonus Question:

Aggie the Auto Fairy will bring you the car (old or new) of your dreams - with a driver if you don’t drive. What would you like her to bring you?

Just for fun:

Today is National Fresh Squeezed Juice Day. What’s your favourite juice? Orange, but cranberry/pomegranate is a close second.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,618,105 times
Mornin' all!

It's finally starting to feel like winter here. By Monday we're supposed to have high temps only in the teens, and overnight temps below zero! Ahhhh, gotta love Chicago area weather.

Today’s Question:

The garage of the biggest house in the cul-de-sac.

Mountains <This, with pine trees, or...
Ocean <This. There's nothing like falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves.
Fields and trees
Lush gardens
Other:Any of the above would be acceptable, although the first two would be nice places to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I prefer wildlife over wild life.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s your favourite snack/sweet treat?
I go through phases. Right now I'm all about the Hershey's Air Delight candy bar. Last month it was bbq chips dipped in sour cream.

Bonus Question:

I want my 1973 Dodge Charger SE back. My plan was to restore it to factory standard (which, for a girl in 1980, was kinda weird) but I lost my job and had to sell it. I later heard that the guy who bought it from me wrecked it a couple of months after he bought it.

Just for fun:

I love all kinds of juice! I'm craving cranberry apple, so I'll pick that, although we usually have OJ in the house.

Today in History:

1990 42 year old George Foreman KOs George Cooney in 2 rounds (I read that as George Clooney!) Me too!

Today’s Word:

Today Is:

Humanitarian Day
National Hat Day

Thanx for the Qs Kobber. Have a safe travels and a great trip!
Have a good day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics