Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,437,937 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Yet another lovely day here.

I woke at 5am and thought I'd have five minutes shut eye. Next thing I knew it was 8am!

Hang on- there's the postman (the letterbox is a few feet from the computer) and he's brought the bill from the water utility company.

Ding! Inspiration for POTD!

I had some interesting experiences with utility companies in the US and maybe you've had them too.

It seems that wherever you live one issue often seems to be trying to get to talk to someone there.

The POTD is;

Getting through to someone in a utility (or other) company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,437,937 times
I need to rush but before I go here are two more shots from the set I took earlier in the week;

Old 05-02-2013, 04:42 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times

good morning Jeezer.......love the scenes. English countryside? We visited once and I was impressed with the beautiful English country side. Everything was so green.

Utilities? Hum.......No, not much of a problem........Just the darn bill that comes every month. Water here in Dover DE is high. Well higher than Philly anyway.
Being retired, it is a stuggle at times. But what are you going to do.......Just pay it and do you best.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,908 times
Good morning Jezer and Peevers!

LOVE the pics AND your cows! They look like Holsteins, are they? (that's what Charlie Cow is) We are getting closer to having our 2 new babies! I can hardly wait for Charlie to have his new playmates... however, bottle feeding 2 new calves is a bit daunting. Whew! But I can do it! LL

Great peeve again my friend!

I've had my share of difficulties trying to talk to a real human when dealing with our electric co-op. Everything is automated, and seems like it takes an act of Congress just to get through that maze. ARGH! But with much perseverance, and a great deal of time, you will eventually get someone capable of saying more than, "If you have an outage, press 1. If you need to order repairs, press 2, if you need new service, press 3" and on and on and on! Sheesh!

Around here we laugh and say, "Get yourself a cup of coffee, a snack, a comfy chair and maybe even a good book and settle in for the duration."
Trying to keep a good attitude, and realize that eventually the situation will be settled, (patience is a virtue LL ) you will feel so much better, or at least I do. And hey, you can always think of the time while waiting on the phone not as a test of your endurance, but a much needed chance for a little rest! Perspectives are the key! It's all about how you look at/deal with it.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,309,908 times
Oh, I almost forgot!

Elizamary, I lve the pic you put up too! Sooooo peaceful and relaxing to look at! It makes me think of the Garden of Eden. Awesome! Thanks for that!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Fortunately, this time around I don't have to deal with the utility companies - everything is included in my rent.

Love those cows, Jezer!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Mrs. Tek plays with the utility companies. I suffer other things.

That cow in front looks like it's on the moove.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
Getting through to someone in a utility (or other) company.

I had to call my internet provider and was pleased to be talking with a local office. Electricity did go off one day. After waiting a while, I called a neighbor to see if hers was also off. It was and she had already called about it. So no problems here ......... yet!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Cable!!!! I hate dealing with them. How come I can't see the pictures and everyone else can??? What's up with that Tek Freek?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:07 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
They don’t want to talk with you about issues and problems, only new service that they would like to sell you.

I kept getting phone calls and advertising in the mail from COX cable and I don’t subscribe to their service. For months I asked to get off their lists and nothing happened. I finally managed to get to the secretary of one of their VP’s in the area and politely asked to get my name and address off their mailing and calling lists. She got the job done! However it took hours to get to her on the phone and many people who I kept asking to pass me on to their supervisors until I got near the top. They fixed the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics