Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:24 AM

16,722 posts, read 17,498,700 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Welcome to the new week and some of the peeves that we face on a daily basis.

It's funny how I wander around wondering what the next peeve is going to be and just in the normal course of events one pops up.

What happened just now is a good example. I'm on my own again this week and I need to get a house key to a local friend so that she can feed the animals.

I went to the drawer where all the keys are kept and looked at two sets of keys and wondered what they open! It's none of the doors in the house and I don't think they open any of the outbuildings.

So my dear peevers, that leads nicely to the POTD, which is;

What the heck is that key for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 12:28 AM

16,722 posts, read 17,498,700 times
As for today's photo here is one of my all time favourites.

It is framed and so this is a photo of a photo taken around thirteen or so years ago.

It was taken in the month of May when the buttercups had run wild and there is a young Miss J and very young Molly!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 AM

21,629 posts, read 8,789,073 times
Hello, Miss J! Hello, Molly! Nice photo, Jezer.

Those mystery keys are so frustrating. I've got a few of them at my house, too. The solution would be to put a tag on every key with the name of what it's for, but that's such a hassle.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 AM

36,491 posts, read 16,088,372 times
Good Peeve Jeezer, I think I've gotten rid of all the unwanted keys.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 AM

44,695 posts, read 61,856,330 times
We have a big bowl of unaccounted for 'mystery' keys sitting in the closet for years.

Neat pix Jeezer.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:52 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,694,072 times

good morning

I thought I was the only one that had all these keys. When we moved in they gave us so many keys and then neighbors gave theirs and now I'm all mixed up

Love the picture Jezer.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,067,474 times
It's not like I don't have a thousand and one extra keys of my own to figure out, I found a BOX full after my mom past away!!
Cant figure out what a single one does.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,067,471 times
I am very happy to say today's peeve no longer applies - for the first time in my life I only need one key and that's to my front door. I'm sure that will change at some point, but for today I'm going to enjoy the moment

Jezer that's just the sweetest picture - how young the girls are and how fast they grow up.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,100,661 times
Nice picture. I have lots of unknown keys but now I put them on key rings which have a thing which can be labelled. It helps.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 AM

44,411 posts, read 20,156,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Welcome to the new week and some of the peeves that we face on a daily basis.

It's funny how I wander around wondering what the next peeve is going to be and just in the normal course of events one pops up.

What happened just now is a good example. I'm on my own again this week and I need to get a house key to a local friend so that she can feed the animals.

I went to the drawer where all the keys are kept and looked at two sets of keys and wondered what they open! It's none of the doors in the house and I don't think they open any of the outbuildings.

So my dear peevers, that leads nicely to the POTD, which is;

What the heck is that key for?
That's a good peeve, and a funny one, Jezer! Over the years, many times I've found keys and had no idea what they belonged to. And I was afraid to throw them away in case they opened something important that I'd simply forgotten about. Makes me laugh when I think of it!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics