Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 04:21 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times

Advertisements

I have been spelling this word wrong since September, for all who have had a problem with it, I am so very sorry, for the one who repped me, thank you for letting me know I was spelling it wrong, I will try my best to do better, as my life twirls around in circles, never knowing which way is up.

Sorry you could not take it anymore. Whoever you are, I am so very sorry, but thank you for letting me know, and I will keep it in mind, if I remember, and if you will keep the small task in mind, there is no spell check, at least not one that I have, involved with CD

Thank you for the rep not being negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 04:57 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,161,085 times
Are you serious ?????????

Someone gave a neg rep to you for misspelling a word.
OH MY !
Life is too short, Cinder
Don't sweat the small stuff ------ contact Synopsis, I bet he will correct it for you.

P.S.
I started using Foxfire Browser, just about the same time they changed the bricks.
It appears that I have spell check on this browser (not that I pay that much attention LOL). OR CD changed something.
Is anyone else experiencing this , (have spell check) or am I completely flying the coop ?

I got your back sista !

Update : I just checked the 2 browsers (Netscape and Modzilla Firefox) and Firefox does have spell check. Maybe consider browsers IF thats what you want. BUT not to please someone who can't handle a simple spelling error.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 AM

1,636 posts, read 230,438 times
Hey cinderobyn....

Welcome to the club where we spell words wrong!!!!!! I'm one of many people who's first language is not English but I try to use it all the best I can......Hey we learn something new every day and make 'mistakes'...No harm done to nobody if spell something wrong....Hey people who has problems with that....there is so many more important things to say eachother....nicer....BE NICE.....

Cinderobyn... go through my posts and read them I promise my mistakes will make a smile on your face....

Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 AM

There is too much anal retentiveness in this world today !

Old 11-07-2007, 06:26 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Are you serious ?????????

Someone gave a neg rep to you for misspelling a word.
Qbaby
In cinder's post, she says "Thank you for the rep not being negative."

I have the new Firefox, too, the one with spell-check, and it is amazing to me how often I, a person who had *previously* fancied herself as a decent speller, have been spelling things wrong! I certainly have shaken off that delusion.

I had opened this thread thinking it was going to be about the new Queen Elizabeth movie or some other royal subject.(no pun intended.)

Old 11-07-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Qbaby
In cinder's post, she says "Thank you for the rep not being negative."

I have the new Firefox, too, the one with spell-check, and it is amazing to me how often I, a person who had *previously* fancied herself as a decent speller, have been spelling things wrong! I certainly have shaken off that delusion.

I had opened this thread thinking it was going to be about the new Queen Elizabeth movie or some other royal subject.(no pun intended.)
Sorry,......... I'll retract the anal retentive remark.
My first post of the day, eyes, fingers and brain not quite clicking yet !

I guess I deserve the neg

Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,448 times
I thought misspelling was the rule.... !!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 AM

448 posts, read 1,050,311 times
I have finger dyslexia when I type. I often flip letters. Problem is more Word software auto fixes common mispellings like Their/Thier etc...Now my fingers have learned it backwards and I don't do it right other times...sigh
I was in Sunday school with a friend who always spelled Satan as Satin. I would tease her and ask her if she thought the devil was shiny and smooth.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Wow,,, someone else has the same troubles. My fingers are not connected to my head and nothing inside it works well with spelling. My thoughts go too quickly, the fingers go all over the keyboard and can't kept up; and try as I might, proof reading doesn’t help me. If I make a mistake ~ seldom to I notice it. There is no help for some of us. If you think the spelling is bad, you should hear how I mispronounce some of the words.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,448 times
My typing "challenge" is getting the capital letters to register...I have to go back and re-do the shift key OFTEN ...sometimes more than once for the same letter. Makes you feel stupid!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics