Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:38 AM

507 posts, read 515,290 times

Advertisements

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Ides of September (that’s the 15th of the month, in case you were wondering what “ides” are).

Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? Sometimes there is this one former friend of mine who I wonder how would have things went had we made up. Even though I do not like her at all because her attitude and behavior maybe (in the back part of mind) things could have worked out had I not been so stubborn and she would have been able to apologize

What made this person special to you? We were really close as friends and shared a lot together. She helped me when I went through college, graduated, and had hard times in my life. We fell out and that was that

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? Talk out why we don't get along but this might not ever happen because I know how she likes to hit the below the belt and me as well. Nothing would come out of it in real life

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? The cube it was just weird and had one too many blind spots

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? I was walking down 5th Avenue having dreams of what it would be like to walk into Cartier and buy whatever it is that I wanted. I would fill my store cart with as priceless jewels as possible, use that ability to make connections and auction them off, pocket the money, and live good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 10:47 AM
bjh

60,340 posts, read 30,560,180 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with?
Yes, a couple of friends here and there I didn't get to say a decent good bye to.

What made this person special to you?
Being a friend, being kind when they didn't have to be.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again?
Sit down at a good meal and have some good conversation.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?
Driven: a semi pulling double trailers.
Ridden: a 3 wheeled British car.

Just for Fun:

You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with?
A money store? Okay, that's not what you meant so - an electronics store: a couple of nice Windows 7 laptop computers, an Xbox 360 and a Playstation and a Wii, a DVR or two, will see if at least a small TV or 2 can be wedged in the cart as well.

Today in History:
1917 - Russia proclaimed a republic by Alexander Kerensky A Soviet republic that then proceeded to murder millions of innocent Russian men, women and children.

Today Is:
Felt Hat Day
I felt that hat as soon as it landed on my head.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,078,379 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with?
A few individuals ... One person that comes to mind is a friend I had in college. We used to have long conversations and lots of laughter. I really miss her but could not locate her through her old number nor by searching for her name online. Her first name is unusual and even that doesn't yield any results. Oh well ... Guess she was a friend for a season.

We just had lots in common and shared lots of good times during college.

Just to hang out and catch up. I'm not expecting the friendship to just pick up where we left as it has been more than a decade since I last chatted with her but would love to stay in contact with her.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?
LOL! One of my closest friends had this old humongous used van for a while. Both she and I was so happy when she was in a position to purchase a regular car as that van was so monstrously huge that she could not fit many standard parking spots.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with?
Clothing as I can stock up on many items and carry them home

Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,854,953 times
[quote=Bayarea4;31416501]Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Ides of September (that’s the 15th of the month, in case you were wondering what “ides” are).

Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with?......Yes. For years I'd think about her and even have dreams about her. We finally met up again about 3 years ago and I saw her again back in June.

What made this person special to you?...We were childhood best friends and her family was my salvation from the craziness I had to grow up with. I always felt safe there.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again?...It was fun and the first thing that came out of both of our mouths at the same time was do you remember that UFO experience. It was literally hovering right above her house.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?....A 42 Willis Jeep 4 speed manual trans that I used to drive off road in the Sierra Nevada mountains and a beautiful 60's Triumph car that belonged to an old bf. We used to cruise Lake Shore drive with the top down on warm summer nights. It was a 4 speed and really fun to drive. A submarine with John at night in the Cayman islands and my school bus that was half the size as a regular bus with a manual trans. I drove special needs kids when I was 21.

Just for Fun:
PetsMart. I bought the boys some snow boots but Howie slipped his off in 5 minutes and the other pair was too big for Joey. They need snow suits to keep them warm for sledding with the shorties. I'll also stock up on Advantage 11 for all of them. That was 200 dollars alone this year. We go through chew chews like crazy too. They both destroy their toys in minutes as well. Having two dogs makes life so much more fun but is also twice the crazy, especially for Amber our cat.

Today in History:
1616 -The first non-aristocratic, free public school in Europe is opened in Frascati, Italy.
1620 - Mayflower departs from Plymouth, England with 102 pilgrims
1776 - British forces capture Kip's Bay, Manhattan, during the U.S. Revolutionary War
1812 - French army under Napoleon reaches Kremlin, Moscow
1821 - Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua declare independence from Spain
1862 – Confederate forces capture Harper’s Ferry, Virginia in the U.S. Civil War
1894 - Japan defeats China in Battle of Ping Yang
1917 - Russia proclaimed a republic by Alexander Kerensky
1921 – WBZ in Boston begins its first radio broadcasts
1928 – Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin
1935 – Nuremberg laws deprive German Jews of citizenship and make the Swastika the official flag of Germany
1940 – Tide turns in Battle of Britain when RAF beats Luftwaffe
1942 – U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Wasp is torpedoed at Guadalcanal
1943 – Benito Mussolini forms a rival Fascist government in Italy
1949 – “The Lone Ranger” premieres on ABC-TV
1950 – UN troops land at Inchon and drive North Korean troops out of the south
1963 – Church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama kills four African-American girls
1971 – First broadcast of “Columbo” on NBC-TV
1976 – Soyuz 22 carries two Russian cosmonauts into Earth orbit for eight days
1978 – Muhammad Ali beats Leon Spinks in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title
1981 – U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves Sandra Day O’Connor as first female Supreme Court Justice

Today's Word:
wunderkind \’vun-der-kint\

A child prodigy; also, one who succeeds in a competitive or highly difficult field or profession at an early age..

Today Is:
Felt Hat Day
National Crème de Menthe Day
Google.com Day
Greenpeace Day
International Day of Democracy
International Dot Day (honors courage and creativity)
LGBT Center Awareness Day

Quote of the Day:
“The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” -- Mark Caine
Thanks Bayarea4 It's cold and rainy here. Time to work on Halloween. I finished stripping the concrete block yesterday under the deck. It only took 2 hours. I'm glad that's over. Everyone have a nice Sunday

Last edited by animalcrazy; 09-15-2013 at 11:39 AM..

Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM

7,418 posts, read 5,526,746 times
Good morning from cold, rainy North Central Illinois!

Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? yes

What made this person special to you? best friend for a long time

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? not sure.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? probably some crazy adventure park ride where you go upside down.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? grocery store and fill up the cart with meat and other groceries I usually buy.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:17 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,941,285 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? - A couple of girls I had a crush on in high school... - Just kidding, actually a good friend I knew in grade school.

What made this person special to you? - We were two typical teen-age boys just having fun together.. I lost contact with him with in 1972 when we were 15.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? - Have lunch together, and sit around and talk about old times. The last I heard he's a doctor in the Dallas Ft Worth area.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? - LOL.. just about every car I drove was unusual... - Actually, I restored an old 1961 Chevrolet truck in 1987. It was almost done and all it needed was new paint, but I ended up selling it in late 1991.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? - A shopping cart? I'm not sure if a new Ford Mustang GT, a new Lamborghini, and a new Boeing 767 would fit in the cart... besides, they might be a little heavy to pick up.. - Actually, I don't know.. Can I pick a wife? She might be a little easier to put in a shopping cart..

Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM

44,430 posts, read 20,192,118 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? Yes, my best high-school buddy, Donna. Although I wouldn't actually call it "regret." I made every effort to stay in touch with her and she disappeared without a trace each of the few times I found her over a period of 35+ years. She sent a Christmas card to me with a photo of her and her two sons about 10 years ago, but there was no return address on it and I have not been able to locate her since. It's almost as though she's in a witness protection program or something! I sure do miss her.

What made this person special to you? She was a dear comrade from 7th grade until we were in our mid-20s and she moved away from the area. We stayed in touch for a few years but then her mysterious disappearances began. She was special because we could talk about anything and never judged one another but simply encouraged and supported one another. She was like a sister to me.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? We'd hug and cry tears of happiness and we would talk non-stop for days if given the opportunity!

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? I drove a large flat-bed truck one time, back in the mid-1970s. It was in the middle of the night, so there were no other vehicles around to hit, and I just went a couple of blocks. Then I turned the driving back over to my boyfriend, who owned the truck. I was too nervous to continue.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? In my fantasy world I'd choose a high-end gift shop and would fill the cart with beautiful crystal - Waterford wine glasses; Baccarat figurines; crystal vases in various sizes for fresh-cut flowers from my garden. And because gift shops often have a display of Godiva chocolates, I'd take several pounds of dark chocolate candies.

More realistically, though, I'd probably choose a grocer store and would fill a cart with non-perishable foods to take to my neighborhood food pantry. Oh, but I'd still indulge in some dark chocolate candies for myself.

Today's Word:
wunderkind \’vun-der-kint\
A child prodigy; also, one who succeeds in a competitive or highly difficult field or profession at an early age..
I've used this term many times; often in reference to my goddaughter, who truly is a wunderkind.

Today Is:
Felt Hat Day No, thanks.
National Crème de Menthe Day I have some of this in my liquor cabinet; bought it to make grasshopper pies a few years ago.
Google.com Day I use Google often.
Greenpeace Day Peace, nature lovers!
International Day of Democracy
International Dot Day (honors courage and creativity) What do dots have to do with courage?
LGBT Center Awareness Day Okay.

Better late than never ~ Happy Sunday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-15-2013, 04:28 PM

9,784 posts, read 14,356,123 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? No

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? I think it was the one with the rumble seat in the back (I sat there). Maybe it was a 1940-42 Ford, or one of that era.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? I was going to say plants and flowers, but then I'd have to do all the planting myself, and Quick!. So, No....I think it would be expensive jewelry. Then I could sort it out when I got home, and sell off the stuff I don't want.

Thanks for the question of the day!!!

Old 09-15-2013, 06:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,912,841 times
Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? Seafood market and I'd fill it with grouper fillets

Spoiler
They cost about $25 a pound and I could buy an extra deep freeze if the fillets are free.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,092,100 times
Loading all the stores cash registers would be a great start too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics