Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:50 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,945,391 times

Advertisements

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? - I'm not sure if a Cessna 172 or a Cessna 182 would be considered unusual, but it's not something you see driving on a road everyday, unless you drive by a general aviation airport. I've flown them when I took flight lessons in 1989, plus heavy commercial airliner simulators with America West Airlines before they merged with US Airways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,101,291 times
Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? In my youth I worked at the Stockyards in San Antonio. I was sort of a utility man. I occasionally got to drive tractors and forklifts of various types. One was a snake like contraption for negotiating sharp turns down alleyways and such. If the tractor made it through all wagons would follow. Great contraption and fun. Ridden in a Cessna 172 or 182 as Mike mentioned. I forget which. Took a nice trip in a Hughes 500 D helicopter and a Navajo Chieftan plane. King Air i believe as well.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,924,450 times
Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?

I had forgotten about driving a
Caterpillar Bulldozer until today when traveling through some road construction. On the midnight shift we could get by with some play time once in a while. I ask if I could relive the operator for a few minutes being my department was down at the strip mine. He was all to glad for a break but what he didn't know was I was clueless as to how to do what. By the time he had gotten back I had built to high hills and deep holes that he had to level out.

I also did some aerial photography from a gyro-copter. Once was enough.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? In my youth I worked at the Stockyards in San Antonio. I was sort of a utility man. I occasionally got to drive tractors and forklifts of various types. One was a snake like contraption for negotiating sharp turns down alleyways and such. If the tractor made it through all wagons would follow. Great contraption and fun. Ridden in a Cessna 172 or 182 as Mike mentioned. I forget which. Took a nice trip in a Hughes 500 D helicopter and a Navajo Chieftan plane. King Air i believe as well.
I came close to driving a D-6 Cat bulldozer I think it was. Unfortunately it came with driver to the ranch. I did use a Case and a Ford backhoe a few times. Drove a huge block truck around a track for about an hour. I then tested in it for my commercial license which as usual I passed first time.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I came close to driving a D-6 Cat bulldozer I think it was. Unfortunately it came with driver to the ranch. I did use a Case and a Ford backhoe a few times. Drove a huge block truck around a track for about an hour. I then tested in it for my commercial license which as usual I passed first time.
I think I made my mess with a D-7.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I think I made my mess with a D-7.
Well, it must a been a monster because the D-6 or whatever it was was big. I knew the dude who drove it too. Big wide kid..his daddy was wide too. I mean wide not fat.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)?

I also did some aerial photography from a gyro-copter. Once was enough.

This is the event I photographed and took my one and only ride in.

Bensen Days Fly-in Gyroplane 2013 Wauchula Florida (part 3) - YouTube

Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM

You wouldn't catch me on that egg beater! LOL! I thought this one was bad...

Old 09-18-2013, 01:43 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,551,825 times
Today’s Questions:
Is there someone from your past that you regret having lost touch with? That is kind of a hard question. I don't think I regret having lost touch with anyone, but there are a few people that would be nice to find and reconnect with.

What made this person special to you? One was a friend in gradeschool, one was a guy I had a huge crush on, and one was an old boyfriend.

What would you want to happen if the two of you could be reunited again? I think it would just be nice to relive old memories. I would not have any big expectations.

Bonus Question:
What is the most unusual vehicle you have ever driven (or ridden in)? I knew a lady that had some huge old jalopy of a vehicle that I reluctantly rode in a couple of times.

Just for Fun:
You have just won a 15-minute shopping spree. You can fill a shopping cart (trolley) with as many items as it can carry free of charge. What type of store would you choose and what items are you going you fill your cart with? The grocery store and I would fill it with meat because of the high price of meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics