Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:12 AM

284 posts, read 641,653 times

Advertisements

first off im a 90's baby.
and im in fear of the future, i truly cannot imagine 30 yrs from now and the people born in my era running this country. ITS GOING TO BE A MESS!!
idk why but i feel people born around 1984ish-present are truly different. our goals are different, the way of life is different, our attitude, our social aspect is different than our ancestors and relatives.
im currently in college and students still act as if they're in 10th grade. MY GENERATION DOES NOT LIKE RESPONSIBILITY. we're much more shallow. we're money hungry. we like the easy way out of things instead of doing the hard work. celebrities such as lil wayne, miley cyrus, beyonce, justin beiber are now our idols & to some even Gods. having kid(s) before the age 20 is the norm these days. FORGET MARRIAGE most dudes in my generation DO NOT wanna get married. we dont know how to bond and find common interests these days besides marijuana, mollies, or some type of recreational drug. did i mention everyone wants to be a rapper, reality star, etc these days!!!! no real goals!! my generation in general jus has no motivation, no responsibility, no stability.

lord guide us. by observing the everyday attitude of my peers, all im gonna say is the USA in the coming years will be a freakshow compared to other countries.

Last edited by mach234; 01-24-2014 at 11:43 AM..

Old 01-24-2014, 11:27 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,690,860 times
Everybody wanted to be rappers back in the 2000's can't you kids aspire to drop some sick dubstep or whatever it is you youngsters do.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:30 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
It was already f'd up long before us Gen Y's came along.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 AM

1,174 posts, read 1,587,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
first off im a 90's baby.
and im in fear of the future, i truly cannot imagine 30 yrs from now and the people born in my era running this country. ITS GOING TO BE A MESS!!
idk why but i feel people born around 1984ish-present are truly different. our goals are different, the way of life is different, our attitude, our social aspect is different than our ancestors and relatives.
im currently in college and students still act as if they're in 10th grade. MY GENERATION DOES NOT LIKE RESPONSIBILITY. we're much more shallow. we're money hungry. we like the easy way out of things instead of doing the hard work. celebrities such as lil wayne, miley cyrus, beyonce, justin beiber are now our idols & to some even Gods. having kid(s) before the age 20 is the norm these days. we dont know how to bond and find common interests these days besides marijuana, mollies, or some type of recreational drug. did i mention everyone wants to be a rapper, reality star, etc these days!!!! no real goals!! my generation in general jus has no motivation, no responsibility.

lord guide us. by observing the everyday attitude of my peers, all im gonna say is the USA in the coming years will be a freakshow compared to other countries.
Teenage birth rates have decreased every year since 1991, and have dramatically declined in recent years. Teenage drug usage rates have declined as well. Basically every claim you just made is wrong.

You're a crotchety old person (like me) now and you're expecting teenager and 20 somethings to be as responsible and mature as you are. A word of advice: don't. You weren't at that age either.

It always blows my mind when I hear Baby Boomers (not the OP) criticize the millenial generation without appreciating how much easier they had it. If you got a college degree, any college degree you were upper middle class easily. If you didn't you could still get a job that would support not only yourself, but your entire family. You could buy afford to save money or buy a home. Talk about a pampered generation.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
It was already f'd up long before us Gen Y's came along.
i disagree.
have you been around the youth these days?
we lack basic common sense.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Teenage birth rates have decreased every year since 1991, and have dramatically declined in recent years. Teenage drug usage rates have declined as well. Basically every claim you just made is wrong.

You're a crotchety old person (like me) now and you're expecting teenager and 20 somethings to be as responsible and mature as you are. A word of advice: don't. You weren't at that age either.
keep on believing those biased make-believe US statistics all u want hun.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
keep on believing those biased make-believe US statistics all u want hun.

or..you know...not so make believe statistics.

Let me google that for you

Let me google that for you

But hey...what's the CDC against a pissy old person with a deficiency of perspective?

You don't think people are buying the "I'm a child of the 90s" line do you?

Old 01-24-2014, 11:58 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,498,785 times
Quote:
Teenage birth rates have decreased every year since 1991, and have dramatically declined in recent years.
That is because they kill the babies through abortions,,
or use condoms supplies by schools, or they are have oral sex.

Un-married teens having sex is on the rise big time,
and many of them will die of AID before they are 25.

Quote:
Teenage drug usage rates have declined as well.
And you really believe that lie from the government static's.

Teens are running wild doing what ever they want,
and it will get worse as time goes on ! ! !

Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
That is because they kill the babies through abortions,,
or use condoms supplies by schools, or they are have oral sex.

Un-married teens having sex is on the rise big time,
and many of them will die of AID before they are 25.

And you really believe that lie from the government static's.

Teens are running wild doing what ever they want,
and it will get worse as time goes on ! ! !

Abortion rates are down too.
Surprise! The abortion rate just hit an all-time low.

What do you know, another crabby old person complaining about the pesky young whippersnappers is wrong again.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...drop-worldwide
Wrong about AIDs too.

Lets go for the trifecta: http://www.chicksincrisis.org/resour...egnancy-facts/
82% of teens polled say that they do not feel that teenagers like themselves should be sexually active. Wrong again.

“The short answer is that it is a combination of less sex and more contraception. Teenagers have a greater number of methods of contraceptives to choose from,” says Bill Albert, the chief program officer of The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy. “The menu of contraceptive methods has never been longer.” http://healthland.time.com/2013/05/2...n-birth-rates/

Do I really believe government "static's"

Yes? I do believe the "lie" of government statistics over your pissy opinion based upon you infinitesimal sample size.

How is this a question?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:03 PM

416 posts, read 871,790 times
This just sounds like a very subtle propaganda post for religion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics