Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,150,178 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy December everyone
yay its the weekend
Here is todays question:

If you could create a new holiday,what would it be:

Mine would be "Stay at home Mom day"
Stay at home moms never get a day off from the house or kids or in my case dogs so this would be one day when they get to do nothing but relax.

Thats mine whats yours?

Today in history :
December 1 19-- my dear husband was born
also the same year John and Yoko release "Happy Xmas

Word of the day :
cavalcade \kav-uhl-KAYD; KAV-uhl-kayd\, noun:
1. A procession of riders or horse-drawn carriages.
2. Any procession.
3. A sequence; a series.

Today is National Pie Day and Eat A Red Apple Day
so I guess we all need to eat apple pie :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 05:21 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,237,075 times
I have already created my own annual holiday- Wallow in Self-pity Day. It is not on a date certain, it is a flex holiday.

I am basically pretty happy, but one or two days a year I allow myself to wallow in self pity. I have no right to do so, but on these special days, I am entitled. Poor me this, poor me that. I eat good dark chocolate, drink red wine, watch junk TV. I may or may not get dressed....and I am entitled on those days because I have such a pathetic life.

I can usually see the silver lining in the darkest cloud, but on Wallow in Self-pity Day, blue skies are just an opportunity for a bird to fly overhead and crap on me.

Waaaaaaa.........why me? LOL

Old 12-01-2007, 05:35 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,150,178 times
ooo hif invite me next time
chocolate, junk tv
I will bring the pizza

Old 12-01-2007, 05:39 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,237,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ooo hif invite me next time
chocolate, junk tv
I will bring the pizza

Can't happen, because on Wallow in Self-pity Day, one of the things I am sad about is that I have no friends.....

It is not a reality-based holiday!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:43 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,429,648 times
It sounds crazy but I would create an 'all-you-can-eat-sugar-day'. All the sweet stuff you can eat. Cherry pie, brownies, ice cream, cupcakes, cheesecake, just dont hold back! I'll have the hot fudge brownie sundae with extra whipped cream....and for dessert, a bag of 'Jelly-Belly' jelly beans! First one to go into a sugar shock wins, lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:45 AM

36,454 posts, read 16,060,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I have already created my own annual holiday- Wallow in Self-pity Day. It is not on a date certain, it is a flex holiday.

I am basically pretty happy, but one or two days a year I allow myself to wallow in self pity. I have no right to do so, but on these special days, I am entitled. Poor me this, poor me that. I eat good dark chocolate, drink red wine, watch junk TV. I may or may not get dressed....and I am entitled on those days because I have such a pathetic life.

I can usually see the silver lining in the darkest cloud, but on Wallow in Self-pity Day, blue skies are just an opportunity for a bird to fly overhead and crap on me.

Waaaaaaa.........why me? LOL
HIF?? Are you in my house, where are you?? Why is it when I read this I get the feeling you are talking to me? I just did that yesterday. Today is the first day I have felt "halfway normal" for months, but it's early still.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,246 times
I am so with HIF because that should cover everyone in the world!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:37 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,262,418 times
Hmmm. Every day is DOGS RULE day at my house, so that is out. Ohh! I know! I would make a SHOP ALL YOU CAN & THE BILL MAGICALLY DISAPPEARS day. Doesn't that sound like fun?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 AM

72,440 posts, read 18,217,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Hmmm. Every day is DOGS RULE day at my house, so that is out. Ohh! I know! I would make a SHOP ALL YOU CAN & THE BILL MAGICALLY DISAPPEARS day. Doesn't that sound like fun?
I'm with you Evey! Especially these holiday season!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:39 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,163,417 times
I have a day already that I sometimes celebrate...I call it my "Stop Being Depressed And Eat Ice Cream Day....I think it falls along the same lines as your day, HIF...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics