Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,051,791 times

Advertisements

Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
A man in Sumter, SC who obviously spent way too much time in the shallow end
of the gene pool, came up short after his debit card was declined at a local Applebee’s.

In a stroke of genius the man whipped out a $1 trillion bill to settle his tab. Needless to say,
staff members called the cops who are now investigating his use of funny money.

Michael Williams accused of trying to pass off fake $1 trillion bill - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,186,101 times
Well Joy you got me!
I had no idea

Old 02-25-2014, 05:51 AM

10,188 posts, read 11,172,808 times
A genius - he is not..

Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,800,805 times
Yeah "genius" doesn't quite describe this guy, where exactly do you get a fake $1 trillion dollar bill? Monopoly money? And why was he carrying it around with him?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:33 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,809,203 times
We (my two dd's and I) actually have $1,000,000 bills that we bought at the Hallmark store years ago - keep them in our wallets for good luck, while we work on our second million!

Of course, we've never intentionally pulled them out to pay for anything for real... though they've been great for a joke or two! But, I was at a fast-food place one night and couldn't see which bill I was taking out from which compartment in my wallet and accidentally handed that million dollar one to the girl at the window... lol, the look on her face was priceless... and she was so stunned she couldn't even really tell me what the problem was... it finally dawned on me what I'd done and I exchanged it real quick for a real bill! Bet she's still telling that story!

But, Joy, a trillion dollar bill... now that's just being greedy!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:43 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
Morning y’all
. . . . . Didja Know?
A man in Sumter, SC who obviously spent way too much time in the shallow end
of the gene pool, came up short after his debit card was declined at a local Applebee’s.

In a stroke of genius the man whipped out a $1 trillion bill to settle his tab. Needless to say,
staff members called the cops who are now investigating his use of funny money.

Michael Williams accused of trying to pass off fake $1 trillion bill - UPI.com
One-trillion Dollars? Hmm.. I guess you gotta him credit.. or debit.. for trying.. It doesn't sound like they had enough money for the change... But, he might be getting "free" meals in the near future..

Old 02-25-2014, 06:44 AM

44,643 posts, read 61,669,787 times
So that's who some of our governments deficit money went to...he should know by now with inflation that a Big Mac with fries cost's more than that...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
We (my two dd's and I) actually have $1,000,000 bills that we bought at the Hallmark store years ago - keep them in our wallets for good luck, while we work on our second million!

Of course, we've never intentionally pulled them out to pay for anything for real... though they've been great for a joke or two! But, I was at a fast-food place one night and couldn't see which bill I was taking out from which compartment in my wallet and accidentally handed that million dollar one to the girl at the window... lol, the look on her face was priceless... and she was so stunned she couldn't even really tell me what the problem was... it finally dawned on me what I'd done and I exchanged it real quick for a real bill! Bet she's still telling that story!

But, Joy, a trillion dollar bill... now that's just being greedy!
LOL.. at the fast-food place? I guess we can say you tried to pull a Fast one ..

Old 02-25-2014, 07:04 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,809,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. at the fast-food place? I guess we can say you tried to pull a Fast one ..
Touche!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
This first problem was eating at Applebee’s............................. the last time I was there I promised myself I'd never return. What a bad choice, he could have gone some place that would have a good meal at least. He might as well asked to buy the entire chain of Applebee's restaurants with that large of a bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics