Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:23 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,616,242 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Computer seems to be working adequately. For now anyway. Thanx Magnum Mike for some helpful advice! This morning it was my Internet access that was out! Obviously it's back on now.

Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):
Can you string together three or four song titles, with limited connectors (in parentheses), to make a complete sentence?
If you do, please give the name of the singers/groups in order of the titles. I'll give an example:
Hey There Delilah/ Come Dancing (with me)/ One Night in Bangkok!
By Plain White T's/ The Kinks/ Murray Head

Bonus Question(s):
When people get fed up with things, they might say, "I'm going to run away and join the circus!" Ah, but not you. No, you're different! What are you going to run away and join, and why join that particular group, event, etc?

Just for Fun:
Have you ever played the Internet time-suck called "Cheese or Font?"
Cheese or Font

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1977 Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" is #1 for 19th straight week
Birthday: 1935 Ken Kesey, US writer
Politics/Public Affairs: 1991 U.N. admits Estonia, Latvia, Lithuiania, North and South Korea, Marshall Islands and Micronesia
Science/Technology: 1959 Transit 1A, 1st navigational satellite launched; failed to orbit
Sports: 1996 Dodger Hideo Nomo no-hits Colorado Rockies, 9-0 at Coors Field
Pop Culture: 1994 Heather Whitestone, 21, (Ala), crowned 68th Miss America 1995 She is the first Deaf woman to win the title.
World: 2010 A drill reaches 33 Chilean miners who remain trapped underground after the 2010 Copiapo mining accident August 5, 2010

Today’s Word:
verily
Pronunciation: (VER-uh-lee)
Meaning: adverb: In truth, indeed, truly, certainly.
Etymology: From Middle English verraily, from verrai/verray (very), from Old French verai (true), from vulgar Latin veracus, from Latin verax (truthful).
Earliest documented use: 1303.

Today is:
Citizenship Day
Constitution Day
International Country Music Day
National Rehabilitation Day
School Backpack Awareness Day
Time's Up Day
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day

Quote of the Day:
"You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case." ~ Ken Kesey ~

Have a good Wednesday everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,006,642 times
Today's Question(s):
Can you string together three or four song titles, with limited connectors (in parentheses), to make a complete sentence?
If you do, please give the name of the singers/groups in order of the titles. I'll give an example:
It is way to early for my brain cells get active enough for my brain to be able to come up with an answer.

Bonus Question(s):
When people get fed up with things, they might say, "I'm going to run away and join the circus!" Ah, but not you. No, you're different! What are you going to run away and join, and why join that particular group, event, etc?
Running away requires to much work. Can I just sit in the park and feed the squrrils for a while instead?

Just for Fun:
Cheese or Font
I have no clue what "Cheese or Font" is. However I will go out on a limb and say I have never played it.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 09-17-2014 at 06:47 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 06:42 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Computer seems to be working adequately. For now anyway. Thanx Magnum Mike for some helpful advice! This morning it was my Internet access that was out! Obviously it's back on now.

Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):
At Last/ Wild Thing/ You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman/ In the Midnight Hour
Etta James/ The Troggs/ Aretha Franklin/ Wilson Pickett

Bonus Question(s):
No joining involved, just an island that very few know about, but still has all the amenities to live well, too!

Just for Fun:
Cheese or Font

Today in History:
Politics/Public Affairs: 1991 U.N. admits Estonia, Latvia, Lithuiania, North and South Korea, Marshall Islands and Micronesia
Science/Technology: 1959 Transit 1A, 1st navigational satellite launched; failed to orbit
Pop Culture: 1994 Heather Whitestone, 21, (Ala), crowned 68th Miss America 1995 She is the first Deaf woman to win the title.
World: 2010 A drill reaches 33 Chilean miners who remain trapped underground after the 2010 Copiapo mining accident August 5, 2010

Today’s Word:
verily
Etymology: From Middle English verraily, from verrai/verray (very), from Old French verai (true), from vulgar Latin veracus, from Latin verax (truthful).

Today is:
Citizenship Day
Constitution Day
Time's Up Day
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day

Quote of the Day:
"You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case." ~ Ken Kesey ~

Thanks PatsCats! Happy Wednesday all, enjoy!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:45 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,798,240 times
Mornin' all!

Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):
Can you string together three or four song titles, with limited connectors (in parentheses), to make a complete sentence? Nah my morning brain can't handle it

Bonus Question(s):
I'm going to run away and join a convent, nice and quiet and peaceful

Just for Fun:
Have you ever played the Internet time-suck called "Cheese or Font?" never heard of it
Cheese or Font

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
verily

Today is:
Citizenship Day
Constitution Day
Time's Up Day
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a good Wednesday everyone! Thanks PC!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:48 AM

126,285 posts, read 19,062,233 times
Mornin' all!

Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):
Can you string together three or four song titles, with limited connectors (in parentheses), to make a complete sentence? haven't tried that

Bonus Question(s):
When people get fed up with things, they might say, "I'm going to run away and join the circus!" Ah, but not you. No, you're different! What are you going to run away and join, and why join that particular group, event, etc? I am too old to run I would take off for a few days and visit the mountains

Just for Fun:
Cheese or Font I never heard about this game

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
verily

Today is:
Citizenship Day
Constitution Day
Time's Up Day
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day

Quote of the Day:

THANK YOU PatsCats and a good day to you all

Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Today's Question(s):

Don't know about this one:
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Mrs. Robinson / Stand by Me
by The Rolling Stones / Simon & Garfunkel / Ben E. King

Now we're talking:
Sittin' On The Dock of the Bay / (eating a) Cheeseburger in Paradise / (with) Beer on the Table
by Otis Redding / Jimmy Buffett / Josh Thompson

Illustration (of the 2nd sentence!) below.

Bonus Question(s):

The cheeseburger makers! We're gonna drive a food truck around the USA and serve up fresh grade A burgers with cheese of your choice and shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, old-fashioned dill pickles, thick cut fries and refreshing cold beverages. On the dock of a bay sometimes.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever played the Internet time-suck called "Cheese or Font?" Cheese or Font
Never heard of it. (Okay I went and played it a bit. Gonna have to get some of those cheeses for the burgers! )

Last edited by bjh; 09-17-2014 at 07:41 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):
I Heard It Through the Grapevine/I'm Getting Married in the Morning/Say a Little Prayer for Me.
by Marvin Gaye/from "My Fair Lady"/Dionne Warwick

Bonus Question(s):
If I run away it will be to Seattle or Inverness, Scotland (not depending on tomorrow's voting results)

Just for Fun:
Cheese or Font Oh, goody. I love things like this.

Today in History:
The Dodgers belong back in Brooklyn.
World: 2010 A drill reaches 33 Chilean miners who remain trapped underground after the 2010 Copiapo mining accident August 5, 2010 That was so scary. I watched most of it.

Today’s Word:
verily

Today is:
Citizenship Day
Constitution Day
Time's Up Day
VFW Ladies Auxiliary Day

Quote of the Day:

Thank you, PatsCats.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:01 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,433,940 times
Today's Question(s):

I Heard a Rumor (Bananarama) Helena Beat (Foster the People) My Maria (B.W. Stevenson)

Bonus Question(s):

I'm going to go live on a private island. I do say that.

Just for Fun:

I have no idea what this is, but from the name alone Font sounds super exciting.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,150,490 times
Everything is beautiful / here at the western world.
Ray Stevens / Steely Dan

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVznAb9-Ss

ah come one I know you can hear me

Old 09-17-2014, 07:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Shall we hit the Qs?

Today's Question(s):

Your so Vain, Fire and Rain, Baby Girl, I Will Surivive.
Carly Simon, James Taylor, Sugarland, Gloria Gaynor.

Bonus Question(s):

If I need a break I probably need to be away from people, lol.

Just for Fun:
Cheese or Font

I don't know what that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics