Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:15 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times

Advertisements

[quote=JustJoy;37277148]Morning, y’all
From what I’ve been reading a lot of you got slammed with some winter weather
and more on the way. Hard to believe it’s already that time of the year again.

So grab a hot toddy and snuggle in for. . . .

Today's Questions:
Let’s talk comfort food.

What’s your favorite thing to eat on a cold day?
Steaming lobster at a restaurant near the water.
How about when you’re feeling blue. Is there a special food that always makes you feel a
bit better?

Ice cream after sex or before is good.
Do you have a ‘signature dish’ that you’re known for?
My sloppy Joe's from scratch or my pot roast, or my spaghetti sauce.
I'm so hungry. I had a Frosty for dinner last night for my second shift. It was good but not very filling.
Bonus Questions:
Our Bonus Questions were sent by our hard-working City Data correspondent in Central Arizona, who
was on the job working on them. . . 24x1 or was it 1x24?

Feel free to add details to any of the answers.

Job interviews, we've all done them and/or been in them. If you were ready to go in for an interview for
a job that you really, really, absolutely wanted - would you feel calm, nervous, or somewhere in between?
Calm.
Have you ever done or been in a telephone interview?
Not for a job but with unemployment when the big box bastardos gave away my hours to agency people. I filed for unemployment and they tried to deny it but I won and my manager was fired shortly after I got my payed vacation.
Let's switch sides for a minute - If you were being interviewed, what would be one or two things that
would turn you off about the interviewer(s)?
My future boss was not what I'd call someone I wanted to work for on my last job interview at the ghetto hospital. There was something about her that I just didn't like.
Have you ever been in an interview that you thought didn't go too well, but you were hired?
Well I tried to blow the interview by telling them that I did not want to pick up nights and that's why I would be leaving my current job but they hired me anyway. Why leave a place you're comfortable with to do the same thing? I did another double last night but it was kind of fun because I got to text John's friend off and on all night. Our town was hopping last night. It finally quieted down at around 5am for him. I like him a lot. He's a really good person. Now if I could just fix him up with my friend at work.

Today in History:

1777 - Articles of Confederation adopted by Continental Congress
1939 - Social Security Administration approves 1st unemployment check
1940 - New York Midtown tunnel linking Manhattan and Queens opens to traffic
1969 - Wendy's Hamburgers opens
1971 - Intel advertises 4004-processor
1990 - President Bush signs Clear Air Act of 1990
1995 - Space shuttle Atlantis docks with orbiting Russian space station Mir
2011 - New York's Police Department clears Occupy Wall Street protesters from Zucotti Park, the public
space they have occupied to stage their protest

Quote of the Day:

On that note, have a great weekend and

Thanks JustJoy. I'll stop babbling now. Night shift fries your brain. So does only 4 hours of sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 04:58 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,005,092 times
Today's Questions:
Let’s talk comfort food.

Free food

How about when you’re feeling blue. Is there a special food that always makes you feel a
bit better?

Not so much what I eat but where I eat. Sometimes when a little down I pack a snack and head to one of my happy places to eat it.

Stinky cheese fondue.

Bonus Questions:
Our Bonus Questions were sent by our hard-working City Data correspondent in Central Arizona, who

Job interviews, we've all done them and/or been in them. If you were ready to go in for an interview for
a job that you really, really, absolutely wanted - would you feel calm, nervous, or somewhere in between?

Usually pretty calm

Yep

Let's switch sides for a minute - If you were being interviewed, what would be one or two things that
would turn you off about the interviewer(s)?

The interviewer being in a hurry

Have you ever been in an interview that you thought didn't go too well, but you were hired?

Sort of. The person doing the interview had hired one of my former coworkers a few months before. The former coworker was a real idiot. The person doing the interview kept asking me why she should take a chance on me based of this other persons poor performance. Sensing I was about to be given the don't call us finish I told her that hiring the idiot was her doing, not mine. I got the job.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:53 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times

Today's Questions:
Let’s talk comfort food.

Potato soup

bit better?

My family says I make the worlds best lasagna

Bonus Questions:

I just listed all the jobs I have had. Turns out I have had 27. After that many interviews I don't get nervous

Not for a job but for a radio station during my days as a racing chaplain

Old 11-15-2014, 07:33 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
FYI: Just checked on the Alaskan King Crab.. minimum order.. 10 pounds here in Tennessee as of today $37.96 per pound flown in daily from Alaska... 50% deposit is required..
Who's bringing desert and the wine... we will have a clam bake ( Crab ) down at the crick.....

Old 11-16-2014, 11:28 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
FYI: On the Alaskan King Crab... I was miss informed.. Same day air ship.. $62.00 more.. 62.00 + 37.96 = $99.96 per pound..

Old 11-16-2014, 11:39 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
Seafood Store

This is more my price range.. My son ordered this for my birthday last year....it was a great gift!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics